Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thx for screwing us funcom.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

I would to thank funcom for shafting all of us who play anarchy online. Now that aoc is out it is your gem and it seems you don't give a crap what happens to your paying customers in your old game. No GMs or ARKs since aoc launched people waiting in petitions for days and on top of that the server is crashing and we can't even chat anymore in game. Many of angry customers have even hijacked a patch update thread in forums and demanded someone answer and look what we get. Funcom putting the FU in fun.....

Answer your damn customers

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=530679

Wait we can't even chat anymore.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=531031

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

then play AoC

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by hobo9766

I would to thank funcom for shafting all of us who play anarchy online. Now that aoc is out it is your gem and it seems you don't give a crap what happens to your paying customers in your old game. No GMs or ARKs since aoc launched people waiting in petitions for days and on top of that the server is crashing and we can't even chat anymore in game. Many of angry customers have even hijacked a patch update thread in forums and demanded someone answer and look what we get. Funcom putting the FU in fun.....

So just to understand what your posting...you are angry at Funcom ok thats obvious.  You want them to read what you have to say.  Okay I get that too.  I guess my only problem is, why the hell did you post it here?  I mean are you expecting them to surf random websites in search of petitions about their other games? 

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

This isnt just AO that arent getting answer's mate,petition's in AoC are going unanswered,I had 1 such petition I tried for 3 day's ,I started at 19th spot,stayed there for 3 hours,then moved to 21st spot logged off came back on the next day to see I was timmed out for my petition redone my petition and started at 37th spot,I didnt move the whole day(yep I played for about 8 hours)logged off again and again was timmed out!

It is a shambles,It almost feels like they have maybe 2 guys to answer the question's,I wasnt alone in this alot of other people also complained,but then again who can you complain to if no-one will answer your question.

Nice way to impress potentail subs Funcom...way to go...

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• BlistermixBlistermix Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

So just to understand what your posting...you are angry at Funcom ok thats obvious.  You want them to read what you have to say.  Okay I get that too.  I guess my only problem is, why the hell did you post it here?  I mean are you expecting them to surf random websites in search of petitions about their other games? 

NO SHIT!

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

i sent a petition last night, was 70th in queue, and was answered in less than 5 mins. i was impressed.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Funcom reads these forums for damn sure this isn't a fly by night site. I also thought it would also be a good idea for potential aoc buyers to see how they treat their long term paying customers.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Funcom reads these forums for damn sure this isn't a fly by night site. I also thought it would also be a good idea for potential aoc buyers to see how they treat their long term paying customers.

Yes I've seen two posters claiming they're Funcom staff (don't know for sure) but if it is sure then they do come here. I think Funcom doesn't have experience running or trying to run 2 games at once like this, nevermind 2 MMOs at once, so things are pretty rough.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

As has been pointed out, they do read the forums here ( at least the AoC forums ). Some of us can't even access the Anarchy Online forums even though we're paid customers because they have fucked the billing up to where AO and AoC intertwine. People are paying their subs, only to find their accounts frozen a few days later and a letter from AoC ( not AO ) saying their account is frozen. I myself cancelled my AO sub after 30 days of petition after petition and e-mail after e-mail with no damn response.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Zorvan

As has been pointed out, they do read the forums here ( at least the AoC forums ). Some of us can't even access the Anarchy Online forums even though we're paid customers because they have fucked the billing up to where AO and AoC intertwine. People are paying their subs, only to find their accounts frozen a few days later and a letter from AoC ( not AO ) saying their account is frozen. I myself cancelled my AO sub after 30 days of petition after petition and e-mail after e-mail with no damn response.

Well, I am sorry to hear that for the AO subscribers if thats the case.  But how can you be so sure that FC has reps that actually check this site habitually?  I dunno I think thats more guessing and hoping then fact. I hope it all gets resolved for you guys.  If it doesnt, you can always try out a free mmo like Shaiya untill Warhammer and Aion come out xD

Well, I am sorry to hear that for the AO subscribers if thats the case.  But how can you be so sure that FC has reps that actually check this site habitually?  I dunno I think thats more guessing and hoping then fact. I hope it all gets resolved for you guys.  If it doesnt, you can always try out a free mmo like Shaiya untill Warhammer and Aion come out xD

Yes, perhaps it is wishful thinking. I mean, they don't read their own damn forums, why would they read these?

Here's a post I made back on the 4th containing multiple links to customer service issues being completely ignored, not one damn response from the great game director Sil or anyone else in those complaints:mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2060267#2060267

Funcom better get off its ass and do something or next month when the charge backs from the credit cards start coming in they are going to see their income go into freefall.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

ok...what? you are mad because they want to put more effort into a new project? its a Business, why does this even surprise you?

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by Ascension08

Yes I've seen two posters claiming they're Funcom staff (don't know for sure) but if it is sure then they do come here. I think Funcom doesn't have experience running or trying to run 2 games at once like this, nevermind 2 MMOs at once, so things are pretty rough.

They could hardly manage running AO for about 4 years (past that I dunno because I stopped playing).

It will get better though, but it will be about 3 months before they figure out the whole CSR thing, get billing and such squared and what not.

I can bet within a year Gaute will move on to another project, AoC will get better and by then the team will start listening/communicating better with the players.

Though knowing Funcom, a few months after that you will start seeing Alienware ads in game to help support froob accounts....

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881
    Originally posted by fyerwall

Originally posted by Ascension08

They could hardly manage running AO for about 4 years (past that I dunno because I stopped playing).

It will get better though, but it will be about 3 months before they figure out the whole CSR thing, get billing and such squared and what not.

I can bet within a year Gaute will move on to another project, AoC will get better and by then the team will start listening/communicating better with the players.

Though knowing Funcom, a few months after that you will start seeing Alienware ads in game to help support froob accounts....

I have to concur, when the Dev team left AO to do AoC, Anarchy Online finally started to get teh updates that players had asked for 4-5 years previously. AO Vets can tell you Gaute  has serious problems with hyping to the point of out and out lying.

A small skeleton crew did more for that game in 4 months than Gaute did from teh launch of Shadowlands till the time he left.

I can see why AO players are seriously pissed, AoC was built on their backs, Anarchy was seriously neglected over the last 2.5 years while FC funneled their subscriptions to finance Conan.

FC has one more MMO in the pipe behind AoC "The Secret World", designed by the original AO dev, if Gaute takes over the rest of its development than its gonna be stillborn.

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

Funcom better get off its ass and do something or next month when the charge backs from the credit cards start coming in they are going to see their income go into freefall.

FunCom is currently hireing many customer service people. I think they didnt anticipate the popularity of the game. People need to relax.

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881
    Originally posted by Yukkione

FunCom is currently hireing many customer service people. I think they didnt anticipate the popularity of the game. People need to relax.

the 300K+ pre-order box sales 4 months prior to launch wasn't a hint??

Tell that to people who paid for their game, and were then denied the ability to play it. And have no customer support to answer them or help them.

• YukkioneYukkione Member Posts: 618

Tell that to people who paid for their game, and were then denied the ability to play it. And have no customer support to answer them or help them.

Out of the hundreds I know that bought the game and are playing, there is less than a handful that havent been able to. Thats a fact. So to anyone who would have people think the game is so riddled with problems as to be unplayable...you are liers. 

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Because, funcom obviously isn't reading the AO forums.  He isn't an AoC customer.  Funcom says they read all the sites like WARCRY and MMORPG.com.  It is a logicial conclusion that he'd have a better chance catching a GMs attention here than on the AO forums.  They've been abondoned by the devs.  Damn shame actually.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

I don't think this is the case. What they didn't anticipate was how quickly their players would find out how badly they had been stitched up. There are many posts on forums (not just this one) expressing their displeasure about later levels and content.

I think Funcom was taken by surprise in a number of ways. They didn't anticipate how quickly players would level and find an empty game, they didn't anticipate their customers anger and willingness to cancel after VERY short time periods (2 weeks or less in some cases). They really did think people would swallow what Funcom was feeding them, thus giving them time to produce content and fixes that were needed.

It doesn't matter what your business is though, customer service/support should be paramount in your thoughts. Funcom could have the best game ever, but if their customer service sucks people will complain on the internet forums. Its unavoidable in this day, when 2 mins of typing can reach millions of (potential) Funcom customers.

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

They already annonce that they are developping a 3rd mmo, better get ready.

Out of the hundreds I know that bought the game and are playing, there is less than a handful that havent been able to. Thats a fact. So to anyone who would have people think the game is so riddled with problems as to be unplayable...you are liers. 

Try reading everything before calling people liars. My posts are in regards to AO, not AoC.

• hater07hater07 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by silverreign

i sent a petition last night, was 70th in queue, and was answered in less than 5 mins. i was impressed.

are you getting paid for this or something?

Things are getting worse now and funcom doesn't give a rats ass about us. Why don't you just come out FC and say you abandoned ao in favor of your new game are are shutting us down since it seems that way for sure. All these problems and all we get is someone telling us to shut up and wait.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=531031&page=6

Things are getting worse and nothing is happening.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=531114

Servers are ready to die.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=531073

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

why you telling us this?