Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weaponsmith fixed in my opinion based on this

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Burntvet

A has been stated before, I am sure the three or four remaining players playing a WS might be happy.
    This whole subject gets a "Why Bother?" and  a "Who Cares?."
    No decay, no repeat business.
    More players play Jedi than anything else, and they don't use guns.
    Biolinking is a stupid, unoriginal solution from people known for stupid and unimaginative "solutions" that usually create more problems than they solve. Another one here.
    WS will make up for this by charging 5-10 MILLION credtts for a rifle, knowing the will not ever sell another to the same person, much the same way as armorsmiths do.
    Bring back decay, or remove all crafting and get rid of the pretense....
    And bring back all the other good things that were taken away while you are at it....
    Enough with SWG: Scavenger Hunt already.

According to the GCW stats website, 65% of the PvP population at least, is not Jedi.  These people all, or will, rely on Weaponsmiths for their weapons ;)

As for pricing, I'm sure it'll be a bit like in the CU.  There was the standard price you expected to pay for the standard weapons that can be made pretty easy, and then it'll increase as better and better loot components are used in the craft.  I was paying a few million for my topend weapons during the CU (well, before I got into Weaponsmith midway through the CU).

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Originally posted by ummax
    my clothes used to decay and  I would have to replace them.  So for tailors there was decay. 
    Decay did give repeat business and for weapons I used to buy several at a time due to decay also the same with armour.   Also the repair kits generated income.
    Prices did skyrocket as a result of the fact that there is no decay and that is one of the reasons the economy is insane now.  I have one set of armour that is primus for my bounty hunter I will never replace it due to the cost.   Same goes with my gun I only have 1 gun now and don't carry spares any longer and I dont ahve to buy repair kits etc as well.
    So on that argument lets just say there would be more business and pricing would be much more different then it is now.   
    On the other hand..
    ...The price tag of a krayt pistol when decay was around however was rather high anyhow and I could never afford it which is why I never had one.   I never spent money on things like krayt pistols or armour with special parts due to the fact there was decay and I found it pointless as a result.   Now that decay is gone my equipment is as a result much better and i am willing to sink insane amounts of money into something because I know I will only need to do it once.
    I have 1 combatant and 2 crafters at the moment.  The bulk of my money is made on "consumables" and I sell not much of anything else.   Maybe once and awhile I sell something a bit rare with a rare pricetag on it.    My two crafters are in munititions and structures and my money is mostly made from things like camps or ammo for ships.   My munitions person well they make their money mostly on powerups etc because that is their consumable.    

What dates did your clothes decay and when did you need to replace them? Not for most of pre-CU, that's for sure. I was a tailor from the beginning of the game, so was a good friend of mine, and they turned decay off very early on for us. Once we got the bio-E thing down, it didn't hurt our business at all.

Prices have not skyrocketed due to decay -- how me a sitiuation where a decrease in demand leads to HIGHER PRICES.

If you find a situation where in one sense demqand is decreasing (removal of decay) and proces are skyrocketing, somethng ELSE is at work. That's how economics is. In this case, it's the high rate of growth of money into the economy.

I'm a tailor and I make my money the same as I did pre-CU, enhanced clothing.

I am a shipwright and I make my money the same way as I did pre-CU, ships. Doing quite fine, decay not needed.

Originally posted by Obee
    Originally posted by Fishermage
    many

A has been stated before, I am sure the three or four remaining players playing a WS might be happy.
    Biolinking is a stupid, unoriginal solution from people known for stupid and unimaginative "solutions" that usually create more problems than they solve. Another one here.
    WS will make up for this by charging 5-10 MILLION credtts for a rifle, knowing the will not ever sell another to the same person, much the same way as armorsmiths do.
    And bring back all the other good things that were taken away while you are at it....

Tailors, shipwrights and DE's did fine pre-CU/NGE without decay giving them "repeat business." Repeat business for primary gear is not necessary for a successful player economy; it was never needed in SWG, and it's not needed now.
    In order to prove your case, you need to prove that it was impossible for those professions who didn't have decay to survive pre-CU. That is not the case, so the argument fails.

Shipwright had decay.  Every time your ship was blown up, or if your parts took damage, and you repaired them at a station, the durability of the part(s) being fixed was reduced.  Eventually the parts would need to be replaced.  With Tailoring, clothing was supposed to take damage and need to be replaced, but there was a bug that allowed players to equip clothing with 0 durability.  The Tailors had complained about it  from launch until the NGE came along.  Droid Engineers had a form of decay due to droids needing batteries replaced and repair kits to fix them when they were damaged in a fight.
    Repeat business in not necessary for a successful player economy IF you have a constant influx of new players, something the current version of SWG doesn't have.  For Weaponsmiths and Armorsmiths, repeat customers were what kept them in business.  The only pre-NGE crafting profession that lacked some form of decay, either through replacement or consumables to repair the items they crafted, was Tailor, and that was due to a bug that was ignored by the development team.
    What SWG currently has is not a player economy.  The economy in SWG is completely FUBAR at this point and there are too many credits in the game to ever fix it (something that would have eventually happened anyway, but adding junk dealers to the game with the NGE made it happen within a couple months instead of several years).

I am very successful in the current player economy. Shipwright and all other groups had decay, then didn't have it, then had it, then didn't have it. MY point was I NEVER NEEDED IT. It still don't, even in the dead game I now play. I just have to go in, make ships, fill up my vendor, and magically they sell. Been doing this for two years now.

My tailor had no business until chapter 5 (after which I could make moddeed clothes again). Now I continually have to refill my vendors -- and that one is on an even deader server.

batteries are not decay, but if you want to play semantic shifts like everone does on the O-boards, everyone has decay now because the game is more boring. Everything and nothing is decay and words have no meaning.

A consumable needed for your operation is not decay. Ammo would not be decay. What people are asking for when they want forced repeat business is for primary gear to be destroyed periodically. I never needed it, the game never needed it. Different professions had it at different times but none ever needed it.

What IS needed is a growing game -- YES. But with decay, you will have adying game -- it was one of the things truly wrong with the pre-CU game, one of the things that DID make the game not fun for a great many people, one of the few good things they did with the NGE.

Now the war over decay was one of the great things used to split the players and set crafter vs combatant so that we could never really unite to fight the NGE -- and it continues to this day. Factions FTL.

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Now the war over decay was one of the great things used to split the players and set crafter vs combatant so that we could never really unite to fight the NGE -- and it continues to this day. Factions FTL.

Fisher I usually agree with your posts but you're dead wrong about the decay issue. In a game where you can play a pure crafter (as opposed to having a crafting side-profession like in WoW) there has to be a mechanism for crafted items to leave the economy and create demand for new items. In the pre-CU game it worked beautifully. Weapons and armor were very affordable unless you wanted the very best server best items that only one or two people on the server could produce. The vast majority of people bought a weapon knowing that it would be good for a couple months (I'm talking about pre-CU decay...the horror that was CU item decay is better forgotten) and then they would have to replace it. The focus usually wasn't on getting the single best item in the game and for the most part everybody was happy. Now, like you said for this system to work a large number of players was necessary to keep the economy going...you need a lot of crafters around to keep prices competative but you needed a lot of purchasers around to buy their goods.

As the game is now the decay system wouldn't work but in the old game it was absolutely necessary. There just aren't enough people playing to keep such an economy sustainable. The only time I really saw the crafter vs combatant flame war was after the CU where they set decay way too high.

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

my clothes used to decay and  I would have to replace them.  So for tailors there was decay. 

Decay did give repeat business and for weapons I used to buy several at a time due to decay also the same with armour.   Also the repair kits generated income.

Prices did skyrocket as a result of the fact that there is no decay and that is one of the reasons the economy is insane now.  I have one set of armour that is primus for my bounty hunter I will never replace it due to the cost.   Same goes with my gun I only have 1 gun now and don't carry spares any longer and I dont ahve to buy repair kits etc as well.

So on that argument lets just say there would be more business and pricing would be much more different then it is now.   

On the other hand..

...The price tag of a krayt pistol when decay was around however was rather high anyhow and I could never afford it which is why I never had one.   I never spent money on things like krayt pistols or armour with special parts due to the fact there was decay and I found it pointless as a result.   Now that decay is gone my equipment is as a result much better and i am willing to sink insane amounts of money into something because I know I will only need to do it once.

I have 1 combatant and 2 crafters at the moment.  The bulk of my money is made on "consumables" and I sell not much of anything else.   Maybe once and awhile I sell something a bit rare with a rare pricetag on it.    My two crafters are in munititions and structures and my money is mostly made from things like camps or ammo for ships.   My munitions person well they make their money mostly on powerups etc because that is their consumable.    

What dates did your clothes decay and when did you need to replace them? Not for most of pre-CU, that's for sure. I was a tailor from the beginning of the game, so was a good friend of mine, and they turned decay off very early on for us. Once we got the bio-E thing down, it didn't hurt our business at all.

Prices have not skyrocketed due to decay -- how me a sitiuation where a decrease in demand leads to HIGHER PRICES.

If you find a situation where in one sense demqand is decreasing (removal of decay) and proces are skyrocketing, somethng ELSE is at work. That's how economics is. In this case, it's the high rate of growth of money into the economy.

I am a shipwright and I make my money the same way as I did pre-CU, ships. Doing quite fine, decay not needed.

This may be hard to believe but like today I didn't keep up with all the little bugs and exploits.  I replaced my clothing when it reached 0. 

Also there was droid decay and this was a long time ago and quite hard to remember however I still have pre-cu stuff on my datapad and the droid decay was evident on two droids that I didn't replace back then.   They had what I guess most games call a durability of 100 and each "droid death" removed some of that durability (somewhat like the ship parts which I never knew of because I didn't do much with space ships back then) when it reached 0 you had to replace the droid. 

Anyhow I still make money but its on what in comparison to when there was decay gouging to me.   Also there is a lack of availability of some items and resources on my server and a guy on my server that practices price control to keep prices high so many of us tend to make stuff for our friends etc and not worry about much else as the market is sporadic. 

One week I made camps and put them up and they were the longest lasting camps on the server and they sold out in a couple of weeks and then there was a dead stop mainly because I was selling them as requested by players and by the crate.  

I'm actually not making armour now as it has to do with using those crated resources ad we have not gotten decent resource spawns now to make primus layers for quite literally years.  I make low end armour which does sell but also sporadically.   I make high end armour only for friends, quild and myself.

My money is made mostly on camps and power up and attachments.  I can't judge previous times because in previous times I was a combat medic and made money moestly by selling area poisons and area stims etc as most doctors and medics didn't want to make it so  I basically supplied the server.

As you can see most of my money is made on stuff which is comsumable.    I sell a few houses here and there and even some elite harvesters.   Last week I sold a "rare item" for millions but that is also not something that happens often.

Anyhow I do have to disagree and say that decay does help the economy.  It sure made me purchase.  If you sell stuff like armour now its because someone either changed their proff or wants a different look.  

For weapons even though all my weapons are capped since I started back I have only sold 1 crafted weapon I have been approached to assemble weapons for people with single use schematics etc but anything in the weaponsmith general recipe book I have sold none of with the exception of one sword which was a memorable event for me as that vendor is packed full of level 80-88 crafted weapons . 

Originally posted by pdxgeek
    Originally posted by Fishermage Now the war over decay was one of the great things used to split the players and set crafter vs combatant so that we could never really unite to fight the NGE -- and it continues to this day. Factions FTL.

Fisher I usually agree with your posts but you're dead wrong about the decay issue. In a game where you can play a pure crafter (as opposed to having a crafting side-profession like in WoW) there has to be a mechanism for crafted items to leave the economy and create demand for new items. In the pre-CU game it worked beautifully. Weapons and armor were very affordable unless you wanted the very best server best items that only one or two people on the server could produce. The vast majority of people bought a weapon knowing that it would be good for a couple months (I'm talking about pre-CU decay...the horror that was CU item decay is better forgotten) and then they would have to replace it. The focus usually wasn't on getting the single best item in the game and for the most part everybody was happy. Now, like you said for this system to work a large number of players was necessary to keep the economy going...you need a lot of crafters around to keep prices competative but you needed a lot of purchasers around to buy their goods.
    As the game is now the decay system wouldn't work but in the old game it was absolutely necessary. There just aren't enough people playing to keep such an economy sustainable. The only time I really saw the crafter vs combatant flame war was after the CU where they set decay way too high.

In the old game it led three main things: the worst, people quitting, second, it led to people doing everything in their underwear to avoid decay, third, it led to everyone using crap instead of their good stuff on a regular basis -- it harmed RP and when it was on PvP, it harmed PvP. Taking it off PvP somewhat mitigated the problems but that never really helped because you could simply double incap people to grief them.

The fact is they never got decay working, and no game really ever has, which is why virtually every game now that has decay has fully repairable decay, something we never had. That isn't what people want when they ask for decay.

I know most of my fellow vets disagree with me on this, but that's a VERY good thing in that what it shows is that WE, as opposed to them, are capable of disagreeing on some things.

Did it work pre-NGE? no. Did it work pre-CU? no. Could it have been made to work? of course, but that is not worth discussing now.

Would non-repairable decay ever work in any game? maybe. Not in SWG classic, CU, or NGE. repairable decaay, of course, but not destruction of primary gear, It's just a bad, negative, un-fun game mechanic that is an artificial means to give people repeat business. It isn't realistic, in that the whole player economy as it was realized in SWG was never "realistic" in the context of the greater Star Wars Storyline. It just failed on many levels.

Now, I have been arguing this issues with people for years. I used to believe in decay but after long discussions with players past present and future, I changed my mind. I would love to have my mind changed back but in that no one ever brings up anything new in this debate, I doubt that's gonna happen.

Anyway decay might be a fun way to hijack this thread but in the interests of good form I'll avoid it and back out now. Anytime you wish to argue over decay, please feel fre to start a thread over it. There are 465585959599000404040404 threads on the O-boards you could necro as well.

On the other hand..

This may be hard to believe but like today I didn't keep up with all the little bugs and exploits.  I replaced my clothing when it reached 0. 
    Also there was droid decay and this was a long time ago and quite hard to remember however I still have pre-cu stuff on my datapad and the droid decay was evident on two droids that I didn't replace back then.   They had what I guess most games call a durability of 100 and each "droid death" removed some of that durability (somewhat like the ship parts which I never knew of because I didn't do much with space ships back then) when it reached 0 you had to replace the droid. 
    Anyhow I still make money but its on what in comparison to when there was decay gouging to me.   Also there is a lack of availability of some items and resources on my server and a guy on my server that practices price control to keep prices high so many of us tend to make stuff for our friends etc and not worry about much else as the market is sporadic. 
    One week I made camps and put them up and they were the longest lasting camps on the server and they sold out in a couple of weeks and then there was a dead stop mainly because I was selling them as requested by players and by the crate.  
    I'm actually not making armour now as it has to do with using those crated resources ad we have not gotten decent resource spawns now to make primus layers for quite literally years.  I make low end armour which does sell but also sporadically.   I make high end armour only for friends, quild and myself.
    My money is made mostly on camps and power up and attachments.  I can't judge previous times because in previous times I was a combat medic and made money moestly by selling area poisons and area stims etc as most doctors and medics didn't want to make it so  I basically supplied the server.
    As you can see most of my money is made on stuff which is comsumable.    I sell a few houses here and there and even some elite harvesters.   Last week I sold a "rare item" for millions but that is also not something that happens often.
    Anyhow I do have to disagree and say that decay does help the economy.  It sure made me purchase.  If you sell stuff like armour now its because someone either changed their proff or wants a different look.  
    For weapons even though all my weapons are capped since I started back I have only sold 1 crafted weapon I have been approached to assemble weapons for people with single use schematics etc but anything in the weaponsmith general recipe book I have sold none of with the exception of one sword which was a memorable event for me as that vendor is packed full of level 80-88 crafted weapons . 

I make zero money on consuables, and can't keep up with demand. Your problem is a resource problem, not a decay problem.

Either way, since everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences, and it has been argued well over 4565758459494003030302764543939393 times with nothing new, I'll leave it at that.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Weaponsmith changes look pretty good. Let us know how it turns out.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

I make zero money on consuables, and can't keep up with demand. Your problem is a resource problem, not a decay problem.
    [/quote]

sorry I hate when these posts get so long like that.. so its snipped.

I'm not sure how you say my problem is a resource problem its a choice that a lot of people have made. All my weapons are at the hard cap and 100% and they dont sell.

I dont make armour any longer because the demand for it is too low and I dont want to spend millions to have something just sit. I would prefer to have the millions for something else and have people approach me and people rarely do.

I sell like no ship parts maybe once and awhile I sell them to a newer player. The only stuff that does sell quite honestly is the stuff for master pilots and only then it sells once.

The stuff that does sell I am pretty sure is due to the game updates since its all things for attachments like power bits and modifier bits or attachments themselves if I take the time to see what people are wanting in armour in general I will make up a batch.

For instance I will go with what I know.

BH just had a change in some of their abilities making what they had stacked on their armour etc in about 50% of cases useless due to their build so suddenly I'm selling power bits and such.

I sell powerups regularly but stopped selling armour due to lack of demand not the resources. I can get them but there is no point in doing so they are costly because I have to buy the veteran crates and then they sit. So I made stuff for myself and a friend and then decided not to sell anymore. I make it if asked and I have been asked to make armour twice since returning.

as you say people are entitled to their opinions but as with all old games the market starts to stagnate. I also go by what I personally do as I am not much different then other players. I made the armour and unless I change proffs I have absolutely no intention of replacing it as armour is armour to me and it works ..

Perhaps people on your server are not aware that they can put new attachments on crafted armour containing attachments already by asking an armoursmith but that is what i spend my time doing removing old attachments and putting new ones on.

[quote]Originally posted by ummax
    [b]

[/quote]

I'm not sure how you say my problem is a resource problem its a choice that a lot of people have made. All my weapons are at the hard cap and 100% and they dont sell.

I dont make armour any longer because the demand for it is too low and I dont want to spend millions to have something just sit. I would prefer to have the millions for something else and have people approach me and people rarely do.

I sell like no ship parts maybe once and awhile I sell them to a newer player. The only stuff that does sell quite honestly is the stuff for master pilots and only then it sells once.

The stuff that does sell I am pretty sure is due to the game updates since its all things for attachments like power bits and modifier bits or attachments themselves if I take the time to see what people are wanting in armour in general I will make up a batch.

BH just had a change in some of their abilities making what they had stacked on their armour etc in about 50% of cases useless due to their build so suddenly I'm selling power bits and such.

I sell powerups regularly but stopped selling armour due to lack of demand not the resources. I can get them but there is no point in doing so they are costly because I have to buy the veteran crates and then they sit. So I made stuff for myself and a friend and then decided not to sell anymore. I make it if asked and I have been asked to make armour twice since returning.

as you say people are entitled to their opinions but as with all old games the market starts to stagnate. I also go by what I personally do as I am not much different then other players. I made the armour and unless I change proffs I have absolutely no intention of replacing it as armour is armour to me and it works ..

Perhaps people on your server are not aware that they can put new attachments on crafted armour containing attachments already by asking an armoursmith but that is what i spend my time doing removing old attachments and putting new ones on.
    [/b][/quote]

Yes and that is not repeat business of a non-consumable? What you seem to mean is you want to sell the same set of armor to the same person over and over and over again.

I don't need that kind of business.

Plus the armorsmiths I know don't have that problem. They have waiting lists. There are enough new players wanting enough different things to want new, different armor regularly. New players are coming into the game (depends on your server I suppose) which as I said is the fault of SOE for having a dying game. The main prooblem is now that vets are leaving as well, but well, they aren't your customers.

Last there is no such thing as an OLD GAME. There are successful games and unseuccessful games, and no excuses. I virtual world that the developers haven't screwed up should be forever growing. THAT is the curve they should be looking at, not any SOE curves which all flatten out or drop off because at a certain point their customers always get sick of them.

SWG is not old, the NGE is, but it became old on day one of its inception.

Anyway, how about we chat about this nonsense in the 46575858585994993737373262777273678383393993939303 vicious, flamey decay threads on the O-boards.

[/quote]

With weapons, I'm usually crafting about 5-8 of the Heroic weapons a day.  I don't bother making any of the other weapons because naturally, people aren't going to buy them since they don't have stats as high as the Heroic stuff or some of the reward weapons from Mustafar.  This is what GU5 is aiming to fix, to give us the ability to make those unused weapons have appealing stats.

As for armour though, I haven't needed decay to sell armour since the NGE.  Armour has always been better crafted then the looted/reward items so it never had to compete with those options before.  Everyday, I recieve anywhere from 4-6 orders a day and due to the time it can take to make armour, I'm usually working on around 10-15 orders at once.  I don't bother making suits for the vendor because people like to customise their armour the way they want.  Alot of my repeat business comes from people deciding to try different styles of armour, going for different layering or to get a new suit to add different attachments to.

I do worry about the potential appearance tab and the upcoming Chapter 10 recolour kit and the effects it might have on my armour repeat business. 

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by Obraik
    I do worry about the potential appearance tab and the upcoming Chapter 10 recolour kit and the effects it might have on my armour repeat business. 

At which point you will really miss the positive impact of decay on the economy. Armorsmiths haven't really felt the pinch yet because of the fact that people use armor as both a combat aid and a means to customize their character. You're about to find out what killed weaponsmithing.

At which point you will really miss the positive impact of decay on the economy. Armorsmiths haven't really felt the pinch yet because of the fact that people use armor as both a combat aid and a means to customize their character. You're about to find out what killed weaponsmithing.

I was a weaponsmith before I was an armoursmith ;)

for this actually since armour sales are kinda iffy as they are now I'm looking at it as a whole new business seeing as I actually dont sell much expensive amour anyhow.      Newere players (and yes there are some lol despite what people think) can't compete in things like the armour market at present due to the massive investments that need to be made in order to make a suit.    I also know that since we make armour with the veteran crates right now that people have adapted and in this case its probably a good thing to have the appearance slot.    Personally I want to wear just plain clothes and no armour but I hate changing back and forth and have died plenty of times when one shotted because I forgot I had no armour on and ran into the middle of some factional npcs and died in seconds flat in town.    I dont know how most servers function but I do know that ours has people owning one good suit for their proff and that's it.   So for this server it will be a new business and change.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

According to the GCW stats website, 65% of the PvP population at least, is not Jedi.  These people all, or will, rely on Weaponsmiths for their weapons ;)

That's pretty pathetic..more than 1/3 of the combat population is Jedi...who are only 1/6 combat professions. So much for balance.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by abbaba

That's pretty pathetic..more than 1/3 of the combat population is Jedi...who are only 1/6 combat professions. So much for balance.

Also note: Jedi cannot wear armorsmith crafted products.  At all.

So there you go...1/3 of the potential market isn't potential market.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

Well since you can have 2 characters per account on the same server, and the fact I don't think if you have a jedi on the account you would want another the market will be good. And then with all the respec's going on..........

There will be a market.

Originally posted by Gutboy

Well since you can have 2 characters per account on the same server, and the fact I don't think if you have a jedi on the account you would want another the market will be good. And then with all the respec's going on..........
    There will be a market.

If 1/3 of all the avatars on the server are Jedi, then the market for armor will be only 2/3rds of the entire population of avatars.

You cannot change this number by pointing out that every account can have at least two accounts per server.

it's totally aside from the point.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

Originally posted by SioBabble

Originally posted by abbaba

Also note: Jedi cannot wear armorsmith crafted products.  At all.

So there you go...1/3 of the potential market isn't potential market.

And?  Hasn't been a problem so far...

Jedi can use Armour powerups though, which are made by Munitions.

• GrandAmGrandAm Member Posts: 404

Asumming all the rumors are true about a new SW MMO, or even not true this is pretty pointless. 

Most people who read these forums are gonna see the new rumor forums over Kotor3 and independant news forums posts with absolutely no "recent"  denial by LA or Bioware just "no comment" or we will "neither confirm or deny".

If people visiting are smart enough to get here and read what has been posted, they can read between bioware lines and will probably wait to see.  Why invest time or money as a new player or vet as 2009 is only 6 months away.

Yes this WS upgrade may benifit current subscribers greatly.  But I as one see no point in trying it, considering that there is more than likely a SW MMO elsewhere in the works.  Why spend the money.  I could see spending the time and money if I thought it was fun.  I have even had some fun in NGE before.  But not the last time I played.  This upgrade alone is not enough to bring me back.

Sorry current players.  Sincerely, enjoy your game while you can and have fond memories that will last with you.  No flame here or disrespect intended.  Again I have had fun with the NGE before as well as CU...Just enjoy it while you can...

Peace...

"Suddenly, thousands of Trekies whose heads are full of facts of things like the stardate when the Cardassians farted on Deep Space nine are irrlelevant." - hardcoremoviecritic

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

From what's been posted by the devs, this new weapon crafting system will be alot more engaging then the current weapon crafting system.  Once again there will be various loot components that can be used to improve the base stats, along with multiple experimentation lines throughout the crafting process.  Resource reliance will be more important, as it was posted that pretty much every metal type will be used at some point in the crafting process.

I couldn't imagine it getting any LESS engaging.  

Wait, are you saying their still clamering about to reinstall all the coolnes that was ripped out of the game over two and a half years ago?  I recall John Smedly (was president of SOE) saying it would only take 6 months to polish the game...

This is where someone comments about not knowing Shit from Sinola. 

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

The CEO of a company ............... any company of any size has ZERO idea of how the company is actually run. He/she is so far removed on every level from day to day operations that any comment made by a CEO can't be taken as something that will get done.

The CEO of a company ............... any company of any size has ZERO idea of how the company is actually run. He/she is so far removed on every level from day to day operations that any comment made by a CEO can't be taken as something that will get done.

So, aside from looting the corporate treasury for his salary and his stock options, what purpose does the CEO serve?

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GrandAmGrandAm Member Posts: 404

No flame intended, just a difference of opinion.

Wrong.

I'll tell you why.  It is true that a CEO may not be involved with any specific "running" of that company.  Such as setting lunch times, writting code, stocking supplies, etc.  However all the people that have those responsibilities report what they are doing up their chain of command.  The reports given by this process is what the top officer of any organization relies on.

Why is this important? Because as far as what he said goes, it never happened.  This is either because the information was bad or good.  Either way he is at fault.

The correct info being of course that there is no way the NGE could be polished in 6 months after launch.

If the info was bad, he was incompetent as a manager to ensure the system worked to get him the correct info.  Policy starts from the top.  In this case he exercised poor policy allowing the failure of accurate info he needed to make that statement.  Plus not rechecking at the appropriate levels in the organization that it was correct.  His fault.

If the info was good,  he willfully ignored it and made a statement he knew wasn't true.  Lied.  His fault. 

His only options as an excuse are incompetence or dishonesty.

You tell me which is worse.

"Suddenly, thousands of Trekies whose heads are full of facts of things like the stardate when the Cardassians farted on Deep Space nine are irrlelevant." - hardcoremoviecritic