Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hope for a different direction

gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I really hated RoK.  I loved Echoes of Faydwer, it was one of the best expansions in any game within the last few years.  But Kunark was just horrible, the majority was completely forced solo gameplay.  It seemed cheap, rushed and gimmicky ez mode style.  It seems they tried to make it like Burning Crusade but failed horribly.  They took all the wrong things from BC (your solo quest reward item totally blows away your uber fabled raid gear you spent the last year obtaining) and none of the good things (lack of content). 

I am hoping whatever expansion they make next... IF they make another expansion, they go back to the Kingdom of Sky and Echoes of Faydwer direction.   I would love to see a retro server that didnt have RoK at all.  It has really made this game unenjoyable for me. 

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Yeah, in contrast, I only mildly liked eOf and KoS and rather liked RoK. Personal opinion kid. I'll take what they give me, just like you will.

• TheICETheICE Member UncommonPosts: 120

Agreed, I don't care what the rok fan boys say, bottom line it sucks and soe knows it sucks because there giveing it away for free, did they give eof away? NO and the reason being is because it was a awesome expansion and there where plenty of people playing. So now we have rok and ALOT of people left because of how bad it sucked so soe is getting desperate and giveing it away for FREE. And no we don't have to take what they give us,I canceled my 2 accounts and went elsewhere.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Moirae

I'll take what they give me, just like you will.

LOL!

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

RoK rocked!!!

ICE.. alot of people left? You have to be kidding me. I still see plenty of people on the servers and AoC just came out. Trying to cause trouble?

• TheICETheICE Member UncommonPosts: 120

I don't have to Soe does a good enough job messing up there own games. Anyone can go to the official forums and see for there self with great topics like Eq2 badly injured, what would you do if you were the Dev leader? and eq/eq2 website www.eqlivinglegacy.com, what is it? a grreat topic on where the soe devs screwed over the loyal customers. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

SOE should just consolidate their management and focus on one great product.  They are too spread out with all their MMOs, thus making them subpar.

Don't hold out hope for EQ2 either, it's been 4 years since release, and it will always be the same.

• WuuduuWuuduu Member Posts: 62

RoK rock?

heh, LOT and LOT of people left game after RoK, wake up. Its not about AoC. Theyre leaving since november 2007 - whats soon after RoK release.

Now this game is full of ZOMBIES only.

People whos that deeply addicted of EQ2, and theyre blind, or dont want to see, RoK destroyed nice game...

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by TheICE

Agreed, I don't care what the rok fan boys say, bottom line it sucks and soe knows it sucks because there giveing it away for free, did they give eof away? NO and the reason being is because it was a awesome expansion and there where plenty of people playing. So now we have rok and ALOT of people left because of how bad it sucked so soe is getting desperate and giveing it away for FREE. And no we don't have to take what they give us,I canceled my 2 accounts and went elsewhere.

according to SOE, ROK sold more than EOF

• WuuduuWuuduu Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by gatheris

according to SOE, ROK sold more than EOF

Sold more (maybe, coz its with all addons in one pack, and weve all very good experience with EoF addon  before), but ... after buy and try, people start leaving this crappy grindingfest (which is yet for free).

Merge servers can help a little, to grow population at empty game.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

Rok was too much solo questing oriented for the leveling. the insane amount of quests you had to do to get from 70 to 80 is holding a lot people away from leveling another alt to 80, so they just decide to play a bit less or take a break now they have done most solo&group content too often.

I personally have been in eq2 for over 3 years, and i have done about everything that is available to people in casual guilds (I'm one of the leaders of a medium sized casual guild). add to that the tiered raidprogression and the frustration it creates for the leadership of casual guilds (you build up a good raidforce, but as soon as you get 3-4 good raids in series first people stop joining raids again, or some people leave to join more hardcore guilds cause progress is not fast enough..., which regualry kicks you back down to below the first step).  these things got me more and more to a point that i needed a small break from eq2, i tried aoc but will most likely not subscribe in aoc as it pointed me out that i probably need a break from mmo's overall.

I really hope the new runnyeye instance is a lot fun cause that might keep me playing eq2 from time to time over summer, but generally i think i will be playing less mmos this summer and try to enjoy the nice weather (hope it stays this nice).

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I don't know, but everyone says Antonia Bale and Najena are the most popular servers.

I just logged on this morning and there were a total of around 245 players on Antonia Bale that I could find with /who in all zones 1-80.  (Yeah I broke up the searching into small groups so results were always under 100.)

So I checked Najena and there were around 145 1-79 and then over 100 at 80 so I couldn't get exact numbers, but there seemed to be a large raid going on so i'm sure a lot of them were only on for the raid.

I checked my old pvp server Nagafen which had a total of 44 players online level 1-80.  44 total...

I really like this game so it makes me sad that it seems this dead.  Everytime i've gotten into the game I have thoroughly enjoyed it and had a blast but I continue to leave because I will log on to less than 100 people on the whole server. 

Am I missing something here?  I feel like the game should have 2-4 servers total.  There are not going to be new players coming in, and there is no incentive to re-roll anymore and that makes for a dying MMO. 

Honestly this really sucks because I have the free 60 days and I love the game, but it's just creepy playing with how few people there are.  They need to merge...

• ClyptsoClyptso Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by ProfRed

I don't know, but everyone says Antonia Bale and Najena are the most popular servers.
    I just logged on this morning and there were a total of around 245 players on Antonia Bale that I could find with /who in all zones 1-80.  (Yeah I broke up the searching into small groups so results were always under 100.)
    So I checked Najena and there were around 145 1-79 and then over 100 at 80 so I couldn't get exact numbers, but there seemed to be a large raid going on so i'm sure a lot of them were only on for the raid.
    I checked my old pvp server Nagafen which had a total of 44 players online level 1-80.  44 total...
    I really like this game so it makes me sad that it seems this dead.  Everytime i've gotten into the game I have thoroughly enjoyed it and had a blast but I continue to leave because I will log on to less than 100 people on the whole server. 
    Am I missing something here?  I feel like the game should have 2-4 servers total.  There are not going to be new players coming in, and there is no incentive to re-roll anymore and that makes for a dying MMO. 
    Honestly this really sucks because I have the free 60 days and I love the game, but it's just creepy playing with how few people there are.  They need to merge...

When I create new characters Najena is always one of the light load servers. I play on Majena because thats the servers I started my chracter on and made 50 before i quit. Come to think of it it does seem empty compared to when i first played afew years ago, In fact i hardly ever see anyone but a few people when i run around soloing. Whoever said Najena is most popular server is lying and trying to get people to start playing there. There are servers with a medium load so may want to try there.

• decadredecadre Member Posts: 88

I'm also in the group that thinks that RoK sucks big time. My toons are all on Najena, and it definetly feels like the server is a lot emptier than it used to be. Guild log in is really bad, with a lot of us "taking a break" Raiders in my guild have been left to join some quasi PuG/Alliance type of raiding organization.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

just checked population on runnyeye, atm we have 440 players online that show up with /who command (players with anonymous flag won't show up) so absolute number is probably above 500. when i compare this to the numbers i took about a year ago its only 100 players less so its not great but its not thta bad as all people are saying it is.

numbers usually increase again after summer, if they don't go up enough then they should think about combining servers but not before that.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    Originally posted by quaiky

just checked population on runnyeye, atm we have 440 players online that show up with /who command (players with anonymous flag won't show up) so absolute number is probably above 500. when i compare this to the numbers i took about a year ago its only 100 players less so its not great but its not thta bad as all people are saying it is.
     numbers usually increase again after summer, if they don't go up enough then they should think about combining servers but not before that.

Uhhh I'm actually rather fond of EQ2 but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense.  If it's true that during peak time a server is under 1000 players then SOE should already be considering merges.  The EQ2 servers were designed to handle 5,000 concurrent active users.  If only 4 or 500 are online at any given time then having the number of servers they currently do is just a waste of resources. 

Sounds like they need to merge several servers.  TBH there's no shame in merging servers to give your players a better gaming experience.  Right now the reason most players turn to AB server is because it's the only one with a decent population 24/7.  Empty servers is ok for established vets but for new players it just means the game is going to be totally boring since they'll never see another soul in the game.  This tends to turn new players off and they wind up quitting.

Just my oppinion, but I've been around MMO's since before they were called MMO's.  Empty servers kill them.  If the servers are as empty as you're implying then they do need to be merged.  It's just common sense.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by ProfRed

It never ceases to amaze me how people think that logging into a more mature game like EQ2 in the morning on a weekday will give accurate numbers. Do you people forget that there are those of us that have to go to work and school?