Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Blizzard MMORPG Announce

I may be abit behind the times, but Blizzard has announce that they are working on an entirely new ground breaking MMORPG that is entirely separate from WoW, gamespot.com just confirmed.

Does anyone know how to get in on the free beta testing once its launched? I don't know of any official beta testing group you can get into yet, but for those of you who are interested in at least a chance to get into it, I know playerauctions.com is having a weekly giveaway of those Blizzcon cards that have the special access codes for the new MMORPG beta.

I'm so excited about whatever it will be and i'm kinda hoping they take on the sci-fi genre. Maybe they are taking over the activision project for the new Star Trek MMORPG (oh my gosh, that would rock).

cheers,

rufenscotch!

Comments

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

give the link plz

and I don't really believe it

Blizzard would be nuts to make another mmo that could be the concurrent of WOW

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Yes, Blizzard is working on a new MMO. What it is, no one knows. Much speculation running around but they keep the lid shut tightly.

www.1up.com/do/newsStory

Star Craft or Diablo is my guess. Blizzard is not exactly known for making new franchises.

As for Beta....I'm pretty sure the game is still going to be a while in the making. And then will follow the Beta-Way of WoW most likely.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

The OP is not trolling, google and you will see quite a fe site talking about it. But its quite old news

http://pc.ign.com/articles/757/757586p1.html

http://www.massively.com/2007/12/07/first-official-confirmation-of-new-blizzard-mmo/

RIP Orc Choppa

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

oke so it's true..

well I think it will be diablo 3  or something completely new

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

maybe they do, maybe not...

nevermind, this game wont come untill 2015.

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

its been giving the code name project hydra. its been in production for a long time

• droperdroper Member Posts: 49

Starcraft based 10000%. Diablo doesn't have enough depth and would be pointlessly similar to wow.

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

Of course it's Starcraft.  Nothing else makes any sense.

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

its neither diablo or sc ...they have already said that

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Yes, Blizzard is working on a new MMO. What it is, no one knows. Much speculation running around but they keep the lid shut tightly.

www.1up.com/do/newsStory

Star Craft or Diablo is my guess. Blizzard is not exactly known for making new franchises.

As for Beta....I'm pretty sure the game is still going to be a while in the making. And then will follow the Beta-Way of WoW most likely.

Diablo would be redundant -- the most notable features of that franchise (with the exception of corpse explosion) can be found in WoW already.  I'd bet on starcraft.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Codename Hydra eh? I bet it'll be called "Happy Water Fun Time!" and will have naga in their underwater city in the center of the world. They will be able to dance (or enslave!) murlocs and can laugh at the stupid landlubbers for only $15 a month.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by therain93

Originally posted by singsofdeath

www.1up.com/do/newsStory

Diablo would be redundant -- the most notable features of that franchise (with the exception of corpse explosion) can be found in WoW already.  I'd bet on starcraft.

If its starcraft i hope its a MMOFPS

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

WoS...  World of Starcraft..

• dcorleone75dcorleone75 Member UncommonPosts: 55

If they're sayin' it's not gonna be based on Starcraft, that's a negative to me.  Starcraft was great, and it'd be something different than the same old orcs and elves I see in every other friggin' MMORPG on earth.  Enough's enough with that damned longswords and dire wolves.  Gimme something DIFFERENT for Chrissakes.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

All I have to say here is....

Repotin' Fer Duty!

• vipjdvipjd Member Posts: 3

Really big blizz fans might have  found the post from vp at blizz stated this ,it will be the most massive mmo to date ( i take this as players per server = seamless world)  just my opinion , pit 2 sides heaven vs hell , and  realease date around 2007 . that was the quote i read  around 1 year ago, now take it to another lvl , around 2 years ago on blizz job wanted they was asking for programers familar with DIABLO1 and 2, take it to yet another lvl and they  purchased a fan site  last month  www.diablo3.com. troll and think what you want all i stated here is facts ,use your own  thoughts to what it means but its very simple to me         DIABLO3  WILL BE  BROUGHT OUT AT BLIZZCOM. ( them keys every one got last year at blizzcom here ya go, time is here to use it,,hope you held them keys for 1 year)

• arlo_infidelarlo_infidel Member Posts: 24

As much as I would love to see D3, trust me I would...still playing D2 and waiting for the ladder restart next week. I would much rather see a Starcraft MMO. We already have numerous games just like D2, take Guild Wars for example. Bunch of instances and characters who pretty much all look the same end game since we are all hunting for the same goods (uniques) from a bunch of monsters. Not to mention Mythos, HG:L, Dungeon Runners, and soon to be Guild Wars 2, well beta next year.

Another good point brought up was, why would Blizzard want to compete against WoW with another Fantasy game?

In the end, I am hoping for Starcraft.

Playing: Diablo 2, Medievia, SWG EMU
    In between: Eq Mac
    Retired: Guild Wars (2x), EQ, DAoC, PSO, Tibia, Runescape, WoW, SWG, Maple Story
    Waiting: WaR (hesitant), New Star Wars MMO

• vipjdvipjd Member Posts: 3

I will not speculate on why they would want to compete with there self but i will speculate on the reason they ask for programers familar with diablo1 and 2 serveral years back , and i will again speculate on there reason for buying the fansite www.diablo3.com  and  any resonable man should draw the same conclusion WHY would 2 years back need programers famillar with diablo1 and 2 and  put them to work on diff game> WHY buy fan site diablo3 with no diablo3 in the works? WHY  do the vp of blizz say diablo3 will be the worlds most massive mmo , 2 sides heaven  vs.hell , REALEASE DATE 07 ,my conclusion ,it will not be  like wow , as i said seamless 100k ppl per server ,PVP game 2 sides , no instants, that would continue the diablo lore.

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

I still play Diablo2 and I would definitly buy Diablo 3 no matter what.  I'm sure there are a million people like me in that.  A diablo sequal is overdue, and its a perfect match for a hybrid MMO.  So why wouldn;t Diablo 3 be the MMO they are working on?  And why in gods name would they make a SC MMO?  SC2 is about to release this winter...  Its RTS.  I never like Warcraft and I could only stand WoW for a week per year.  But I'll play the hell out of a new Diablo.  Its a sure fire hit. 

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by Hexxeity

Of course it's Starcraft.  Nothing else makes any sense.

They didn't give much information about what the game would be, but they said that it would not be Starcraft.

• NachteuleNachteule Member Posts: 19

it's going to be tony hawk online. 

Let's stop praying for someone to save us and start saving ourselves.

• noxxnoxx Member UncommonPosts: 120

Starcraft is coming too your mmorpg soon...............

• DrakEQ2DrakEQ2 Member Posts: 36

Welcome to one year ago.

Old news is old.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Blomi

I still play Diablo2 and I would definitly buy Diablo 3 no matter what.  I'm sure there are a million people like me in that.  A diablo sequal is overdue, and its a perfect match for a hybrid MMO.  So why wouldn;t Diablo 3 be the MMO they are working on?  And why in gods name would they make a SC MMO?  SC2 is about to release this winter...  Its RTS.  I never like Warcraft and I could only stand WoW for a week per year.  But I'll play the hell out of a new Diablo.  Its a sure fire hit. 

I have to agree, and too hope that there is a Diablo MMORPG in the works.  WOW Is getting old, and a Diablo MMORPG would be quite different than WOW (i.e., serious, sinister vs. cartoonish, carebear).

WOW has served it's purpose and has probably peaked.  It is long overdue for a Diablo MMORPG.

• bachanambachanam Member Posts: 335

if you're thinking it's starcraft or diablo, theres a good reason for each to be the more-likely

Diablo's developement team left (and made Hellgate: London). Now this could just be coincidence, but it could be that their style of game design wasn't needed considering the next installment is an MMO?

Starcraft, a good while back, there was some noise about SC2 not coming out, or hitting a snag, or being changed. Maybe at some point resources or even current projects were being mixed around between the MMO and the SC2 coming out soon (now anyways).

Either way, it'll probably be fun but i'm not so sure i will end up playing anything in the amount of years this seems to be on track for release.

"Sometimes, things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are basically good. Honor, courage, virtue mean everything. Power and money, money and power mean nothing. Good always triumphs over evil. Love, True Love Never Dies."
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

This discussion has been closed.