Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Guest Column by Hypernia.net

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We were recently approached by James Vallord, the CEO of Hypernia.net - a leading provider of networking technology for the online gaming industry about putting up a recent article that he put together titled "The Glorious Path to Massively Multiplayer Success."  We have published the article on our site.  Here is a snippet:

I've noticed games are starting to copy each other more and more. While this is good when it comes to user interfaces and game control, it's bad for the rest of the gaming experience. This happened already with the current Anarchy Online clone, Star Wars Galaxies. (Did I say that? Sorry!) I hate to add wood to the fire, but ever since Star Wars Battlegrounds, came out I've looked at Lucasarts games a little differently. Battlegrounds was to be front runner for real-time strategy game awards. Instead it appeared to just be an Age of Empires mod. It was if they just took that game engine and put a Star Wars skin on it. That aside, Star Wars Galaxies is terrific and important to the industry because it's helping bring online gaming to the mainstream. What I don't like is that when I play it, I feel like I'm playing an Anarchy Online with R2D2 units running around. Come on, George Lucas, you can do better than that!

It is a very interesting read and might be an inspiring article to anyone seeking to dive into the ever-expaning MMO industry.  You can link to this article right here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.