Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressions after 5 years away...

2»

Comments

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679

Originally posted by tfox2k1

How funny is it, EQ fanboyz talking about risk versus reward and how this EQ premise immitates life.    What exactly can someone who has spent the last ten years worshiping a game know about living?    There is absolutely NO WAY anyone can devote all of the time EQ demands and still live a positive, healthy, and successful life.  
    EQ demands way too much time and always has.   Just those of us who quit have grown up.    Games like WoW, LOTRO, AoC, are not any lesser games.   The very definition of a game is something you do to gain entertainment from.    EQ is not entertaining it is an enormous time sink that constantly has you chasing a carrot so you continue feeding quarters to SOE.

The gear you raided for six months ago is now garbage.   Six months from now the gear you have now will become garbage.   The stuff people were going crazy to obtain when I quit is now given out as pet toys.  Don't try to justify your insane obsession by condemning other games in the MMO genre as too easy.  
    EQ is as bad an addiction as crack cocaine, it destroys your life just are surely.   The developers could change it so its not so time consuming, but they chose not to.

No MMO is perfect, but EQ is the worst of them all with regards to entertainment gained versus time spent.

Maybe you don't know how to balance but I played EQ back at launch and had a life and am playing it again now and have an even more busy life.  Maybe games to you are rushing to max level and grabbing "uberz" gear, but to some of us.... I call us adults..... we like to go through a game and enjoy it.  That doesn't mean we don't have a life, it means you don't have an attention span.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Dual weilding Lammys probably aint the best weapons for my warrior anymore I am guessing.

Man, I remember when I finally got my 2 Lamantations, it was an epic moment for my character.  I could finally get rid of those old Yaks! and that 9/18 rating was freakin UBAH!

I think it would be fun to go back to a classic server with just the first 2 expansions, with graphic updates of course.  Are there retro servers like that?

Of all the games I have played, and I've played almost all of them, EQ1 was the most fun.  Those raids were epic and the community was the best.  We didn't even have any kinda voice chat back then and we were more in synch than any raiding guild I have been with since (I played with Evening Reign on Druzzil Ro, they are still goin strong too).  Great players and good times...  (except the ragefire cleric epic FFA camp blah!)