Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG featured in Guinness World Records: Gamers Edition

13»

Comments

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200

"Dude, I think you are seeing the pre-cu game through rose-colored glasses. This game was a failure from day 1. It was NEVER a success. At most it had a decent sub number before WoW changed what was considered a decent number of subs. I could say YOU are the spin doctor because you go around acting like the game was just PERFECT before, when anyone who was there knows it was a bug riddled piece of crap.. it was more fun, no argument there, but a piece of flaming crap none the less.

And I repeat: the NGE is 1,000 time better than WoW. "

Your partialy right.PreCU/NGE did have a lot of bugs,bugs that SOE promised to fix and never did..To this day ..there are still bugs that were in the game from day one..FIVE YEARS later..STILL there..They kept the damn bugs and did away with most of the good elements of the game.

One of the things they did away with was...200,000 people..NOW there's a true FACT.

More important that the CU/NGE and the changes it made is the FACT that SOE lied to it's players,took their money for something they KNEW was only going to be in the game for 2 weeks...They anounced TWO DAYS after a PAID expancion that the items and the professions that were upgraded in it were to be deleted..

And this is the company and their game that your sticking up for..one word ..SAD

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

Amazing. So SWG really was the first MMO where a player became Jedi? Who would have thunk that...

Really worth to be include to the Guiness book

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by Evilsam

And I repeat: the NGE is 1,000 time better than WoW. "
    Your partialy right.PreCU/NGE did have a lot of bugs,bugs that SOE promised to fix and never did..To this day ..there are still bugs that were in the game from day one..FIVE YEARS later..STILL there..They kept the damn bugs and did away with most of the good elements of the game.
    One of the things they did away with was...200,000 people..NOW there's a true FACT.
    More important that the CU/NGE and the changes it made is the FACT that SOE lied to it's players,took their money for something they KNEW was only going to be in the game for 2 weeks...They anounced TWO DAYS after a PAID expancion that the items and the professions that were upgraded in it were to be deleted..
    And this is the company and their game that your sticking up for..one word ..SAD

"Dude, I think you are seeing the pre-cu game through rose-colored glasses. This game was a failure from day 1. It was NEVER a success. At most it had a decent sub number before WoW changed what was considered a decent number of subs. I could say YOU are the spin doctor because you go around acting like the game was just PERFECT before, when anyone who was there knows it was a bug riddled piece of crap.. it was more fun, no argument there, but a piece of flaming crap none the less.

And I repeat: the NGE is 1,000 time better than WoW.  ROFL

• chazmyrchazmyr Member Posts: 69

Was the "..."

Was the "..."

Was the ".."

all past tense...hrm...>.>

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

Originally posted by Muke

Originally posted by Obraik

blablabla

you still making propaganda for SOE and on still on their payroll?

SWG is still better than the majority of "MMO's" out there.

Yes, that's why noone plays it except the fanbois.

You act like Obraik is some super fanboy, while ignoring the fact the he is almost always objective.

Yes, and George W Bush graduated University because he was that smart.

Seems you are the one promoting propaganda.

Indeed, I drink a bottle of Guiness the day my once beloved mmorpg SWG finally dies.

How is he promoting propaganda by mentioning a BOOK that has been published?

Just read all his posts. He has a Smedley smell all over him for years, could care less about the book.

Do you feel threatened by this book (obviously)?

Sorry, I don't read that book. Anyways, SWG is mentioned in that book for a lot of other records, I'm sure.

It's just a book, lol.

Once again, I could care less about a book.

yes, mr Obraik has always been objective.

And no, he's not known as a fanboi

He's as objective as mr Smedley.

Only thing he does is indeed making propaganda for SWG, if those facts were true, ok, but to claim that SWG is filled with players etc etc etc to lure in new players who pay $$, see it's empty and then leave asap....well......if he can post that SWG is a mmorpg-players' wet dream all the time; then I can say that his facts are complete BS.

It's a free world after all?

He says SWG is GOD, I say SWG is

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• FmrOprtrFmrOprtr Member Posts: 57

Restuss the largest PvP zone?  Horsesh*t. 

I remember Restuss because I had a house about 5 minutes outside of it. You could spit across it.

Besides, WoW has entire servers that are flagged for PvP.

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by FmrOprtr

Restuss the largest PvP zone?  Horsesh*t. 
    I remember Restuss because I had a house about 5 minutes outside of it. You could spit across it.
    Besides, WoW has entire servers that are flagged for PvP.

And enough people on those servers to make them fun to play on.