Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

man i hate to see this game going vaporware but...

yokam888yokam888 Member Posts: 87

this game got topnotch gameplay... think of it as runescape but with 3D cell-shaded graphics BUT if you are looking for a really free-to-play game then this game is not for you. you WILL NOT, i repeat, WILL NOT advance in this game if you don't spend on their item mall. talk about irony, a free game where you have to pay.

another irony is, nexon (the company that released mabinogi) is also responsible for maplestory (one of the most successful F2P mmo's) yes maplestory also have the item mall BUT the stuff sold are primarily only for aesthetic purposes, you can advance in maplestory even without spending a single cent, and look at how successful it is, reaping in the $$$ for nexon.

now as ive said, mabinogi gameplay is tops, but at its current  "spend or you're doomed" state, soon only a couple of the hardcore players will be left playing this game, and what fun is there when you can only see a few guys running in the server. gameplay is a major factor, but a game also needs community to survive.

just my thoughts, i love this game and i hate it going vaporware just because the community died. 

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
( ^.^) The Bunneh
(")-(") Back In The Box?

Comments

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488

Vaporware would mean that the game had never been released, not that it was released but did poorly.

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• yokam888yokam888 Member Posts: 87

oops sorry that we have conflicting ideas, definition of the word vaporware. for me vaporware comes from the root word vapor which is an outcome of evaporation. which things evaporate? water evaporates, but it does not mean that water is not there in the 1st place, the water must be physically present first before it can evaporate. am i right? so mabinogi must first be present before it can dissapear.

but who cares? i dont care... even if you first coined the word "vaporware" and you have a patent to the meaning of it. i have totally some right to put my own definition of the word. hey even the bible got different versions and definitions... so if i were you, i would just accept and respect other peoples opinion and stop trolling the forums... thank you very much. (next thing you know, you might give your own definition of the word "trolling" ) so i better call mr. webster right now LOL

let me hear you say "yeah!"

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
    ( ^.^) The Bunneh
    (")-(") Back In The Box?

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

I don't think he was trolling, just correcting your incorrect definition of the word 'vaporware'

And you... being a player of mmo's SHOULD know what that word means. (Or maybe you did, but instead of graciously accepting that you were wrong, you made up your own convenient definition using your crude form of intelligence to justify it?)

And if you want a good definition of 'trolling' or 'flaming' look at your post.

• WinterfreshWinterfresh Member Posts: 73

You're an idiot, Yokam. By my definition, it means someone who may or may not have a valid opinion, but loses all credibility when he makes up his own definitions for real words.

• Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by yokam888

oops sorry that we have conflicting ideas, definition of the word vaporware. for me vaporware comes from the root word vapor which is an outcome of evaporation. which things evaporate? water evaporates, but it does not mean that water is not there in the 1st place, the water must be physically present first before it can evaporate. am i right? so mabinogi must first be present before it can dissapear.
    but who cares? i dont care... even if you first coined the word "vaporware" and you have a patent to the meaning of it. i have totally some right to put my own definition of the word. hey even the bible got different versions and definitions... so if i were you, i would just accept and respect other peoples opinion and stop trolling the forums... thank you very much. (next thing you know, you might give your own definition of the word "trolling" ) so i better call mr. webster right now LOL
    let me hear you say "yeah!"

Wow, you're an idiot... That guy's definition was, in fact, correct. You can make up whatever you want; no one's going to go along with you, however.

A game that's believed to be "vaporware" is a game that does not, in fact, exist at all. For example, when Dark & Light's pre-orders became available, people constantly whined "VAPORWARE," thinking that they would pay for it and receive nothing.

And if you're STILL too stubborn to listen, check out the dictionary's definition:

www.bartleby.com/61/64/V0026400.html

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Now befor you start flameing me know that i played fro mthe first day CB started to last mounth so im not a newb about the game.

Its sad but this game was great during closed beta. and it was fun early OB. But lately i have run in to 3 MAJOR problems.

A.- they got a few corrupt GMs. (not all just 2)

B.- most of the community DOSE NOT SPEAK ENGLISH.

C.-Lack of non cashshop items and free ingame activitys .

D.- Lack of bug fixes.

I have played ALOT of games and well other then maple story nexon is probly one of the worst companys to run a game. Mabi is a killer game but sadly its going in the wrong derection . All we can do is hope it gets fixed.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

blah blah blah...his point is valid about the vaporware. He does have a good argument, although vaporware has been established beyond jargon and is an offical word in the English dictionary as printed in all major dictionaries.  Unfortunately OP, you lost bro.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by jircris
    nexon is probly one of the worst companys to run a game.

In their defense, combat arms is actually pretty fun, as far as fps's go

• mutatormutator Member Posts: 131

jircris you are actually telling us also that nexon is worst then nexon... maplestory and mabinogi is made from nexon so all in all you think nexon is the worst... hmmm but how can it be worse then itself:P

anyway.. i want to try mabinogi but unfortunaly i live in europe.. so i cant complain about the game other then IT SUCKS THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN SENDT OUT IN EUROPE

• Tiller77Tiller77 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by mutator

jircris you are actually telling us also that nexon is worst then nexon... maplestory and mabinogi is made from nexon so all in all you think nexon is the worst... hmmm but how can it be worse then itself:P

anyway.. i want to try mabinogi but unfortunaly i live in europe.. so i cant complain about the game other then IT SUCKS THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN SENDT OUT IN EUROPE

Sorry dude, you may just wanna hold yourself off with something else for a while.

while i whait for the game to be released i will play eve:) call it temporary till i can have some other games like spore:P

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by mutator

Mabinogi wasn't only made by Nexon, there was another company who helped the creation.

And also I live in Euorpe and I was fortunate enough to play it, it was awesome.

i hop u lik mh brag k.

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

Thing I find wierd about taht is the games nexon actually made was Nexus kingdom of the winds(loved that game), dark ages and shattered galaxy. they then either sold the rights to these games to another company that now runs them or they sold their company name to the group that runs maple story and mabinogi because Maple story wasn't always handled by nexon.

ifroob thx alot you made me feel much more comfortable that you can play and not me (sarcastically meant)

• harl11harl11 Member Posts: 1

I am sorry to burst your bubbles. But Mabinogi was not "Made" by nexon. Nexon only published the world wide edition. The people who makes a game and the company that publishes it are two diffrent groups. How ever I do agree with some statements. The game is realy pay or suffer. You have to buy a permium service to advance in the story and to actuly learn alot of the high end skills becuse they are in areas that you must access threw the main story. Other problems are you have to pay for the primary feature of the game (Rebirth) which in my eyes is quite sad.

I speak for my self and no one else.