Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wish I got to play the beta so I didn't waste my money.

All the reviews came in and everyone saying how amazing the game was but I can't stand it and I would say it's a horrible mmorpg but I havn't found a single mmorpg out there that I like. I log into them and they all start off esactly the same and involve grinding until you reach end level and suddenly the game dies.... I wouldn't have a problem with that if they wern't meant to be online worlds but these games should be about the community and constant character development and yet none of them have that!

Why do I have to create my character appearance at the start of the game and then be stuck with it through my enitre play time? Why can't I decide I want a new tatoo or to shave all my hair off or that I want a scar or something?

Why am I locked to a single class throughout the whole game forcing me to make another character and go through the boring horrible grind again? Why Can't I pick the skills I want and mis them and make my own class instead of being locked to a set one? This way i would constantly be evolving my character and give me somethign to play for!

Why can't mmorpgs be totally seemless? All zoning does is breaks the immersion and splits the community up into little tiny linear invisible wall zones. It hurts the PVP too because all the zones are linear and small that it's very hard to play on a PVP server without being corpse camped 24/7.... atleast in WOW you could move to a different part of the map however in AOC it's like just having the path in STV and nothing tot he sides. I'm not complaining about PVP on a PVP server but zoning just hurts it soooo bad and another reason it hurts it is all the zones means you can't chase people across the world!

I dunno how people are running the game because I own a 3870X2 and can max out crysis with a nice steay framerate and yet with AOC which has graphics that look like 3 years old I can  barely run it on medium at 14FPS with it crashing all the time and not being able to patch and being kicked off the server. I mean if it was seemless it would have a excuse but these are tiny zones and even the offline portion is like this which makes no sense and just - crap optimization to me.

Also Why is there offline in a MMORPG? These games are meant to be about creating a online community and economy and grouping with people and yet in AOC everyone wants to play offline a solo.... what's the point of this?

When will I find a mmorpg like I want? I've been down the whole list and nothing exists like this and the closest any of them get is EVE Online but I want to progress at my pace and not waiting a month for a skill to train..... also EVE is soooo instanced it ruins the PVP.

Comments

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

your fualt. you should have waited for the trial or buddy keys

and what is the rest of your specs. i have the smae card and get 60fps...

something is wrong down your end

• killagoosekillagoose Member Posts: 128

Sounds like your not looking for an MMO, I think your looking for something completely different...In the end, all MMOs are similiar in some way or another.

• deepdishdeepdish Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by killagoose

Sounds like your not looking for an MMO, I think your looking for something completely different...In the end, all MMOs are similiar in some way or another.

Well when I was playing SWG trial everyone was saying about how the game used to be and it is esactly what I wanted but the version I played the other month was just very buggy and horrible, I didn't like the controls or UI and the class screen with the piture of Luke Skywalker pissed me off most.

• klokwurkklokwurk Member UncommonPosts: 35

I think the best advice for you would be to never play a game right from launch.  Wait a while until details of how everything works become easier to find.  Then you can see how the character development works, skills, customizing appearance etc.  before you buy.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by DeadlyMage

Its not his fault at all, if he can run Crysis which has much higher specs than AoC its a fault with the game code or ATI drivers, if you have even bothered to read the many posts about AoC's system requirements you can see this game is really hit and miss at running at decent framerates on high and low computers.

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by deepdish

Originally posted by killagoose

Well when I was playing SWG trial everyone was saying about how the game used to be and it is esactly what I wanted but the version I played the other month was just very buggy and horrible, I didn't like the controls or UI and the class screen with the piture of Luke Skywalker pissed me off most.

Yes the old SWG was probably one of the best games ever when it came to freedom with your character, was very well designed as far as how to build a community. There is no game i have ever eperianced that had a community that comes close to what we used to have in the old SWG and unfortunately I dont think we will ever see anything like it again. 

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• FatezendFatezend Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Its not his fault at all, if he can run Crysis which has much higher specs than AoC its a fault with the game code or ATI drivers, if you have even bothered to read the many posts about AoC's system requirements you can see this game is really hit and miss at running at decent framerates on high and low computers.

I would say it is something on his end.I run a 7300gt and 1 gig of ram and get 45fps with low -medium specs.AOC is definatly one of those games that if you don't take the time to find the "sweet spot" for your machine,then you will get poor performance.Just my two cents worth.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

no its his fault and his computer that sucks. must be a processor issue cuz i run the game with 60+fps on medium and 40+ wit high settings. He just doesnt know what hes talking about and came in here to flame but its cool i like the flamers they make the forums intresting as long as the tread starts off with a i dislike or i want something tread. which is why i dont see why mmorpg crys about flamers and shyte talkers on threads that really need it, like this one.

Originally posted by Goldknyght

no its his fault and his computer that sucks. must be a processor issue cuz i run the game with 60+fps on medium and 40+ wit high settings. He just doesnt know what hes talking about and came in here to flame but its cool i like the flamers they make the forums intresting as long as the tread starts off with a i dislike or i want something tread. which is why i dont see why mmorpg crys about flamers and shyte talkers on threads that really need it, like this one.

Did you even read what the OP or I just said? I will say it again. If he can play Crysis which is a resource intensive game on FULL then he should easily be able to run AoC at a decent framerate, you all glossed over that and please explain why some people with very good rigs get poor perfromance while people with shitty rigs get good perfromance? Also explain to me why when I played it I got 60-70fps in the outdoor zones one day then another day it would be 20-30fps, then 60-70 again without me changing anything on my PC. As well as me getting worse FPS in certain smaller instances while some I would get 120-130 fps? No doubt someone will go "its your computer, its broken, ect" when I build gaming rigs and fix them for a living, so I know when a PC's acting up, so its not my PC, end of story. And I have played games long enough to know when a game is very poorly optimized and poorly coded. Its all well and good putting your Uber rig specs in your sig, the amount of times I have heared s**t from people who have spent 1000's on there computer and think they know it all, I could buy a even better uber rig and pose around on forums with that sig.

So just maybe, maybeeee, you could comprehend that some people are having troublw with this game and its not there computers fault.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

i can max crysis and i can play AOC at full settings with 40 fps. maybe it is him....

• Maybe it is who?

iv read an its still down his end. i have the same gpu and get 60fps.

• Yeah, sorry for the people that are having trouble running it. I had some trouble at first, and even some really bad texture issues...to the point where I couldnt even play without everything being inverted colors. Though I think in a few months it will all be worked out...lets hope atleast.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Did you even read what the OP or I just said? I will say it again. If he can play Crysis which is a resource intensive game on FULL then he should easily be able to run AoC at a decent framerate, you all glossed over that and please explain why some people with very good rigs get poor perfromance while people with shitty rigs get good perfromance? Also explain to me why when I played it I got 60-70fps in the outdoor zones one day then another day it would be 20-30fps, then 60-70 again without me changing anything on my PC. As well as me getting worse FPS in certain smaller instances while some I would get 120-130 fps? No doubt someone will go "its your computer, its broken, ect" when I build gaming rigs and fix them for a living, so I know when a PC's acting up, so its not my PC, end of story. And I have played games long enough to know when a game is very poorly optimized and poorly coded. Its all well and good putting your Uber rig specs in your sig, the amount of times I have heared s**t from people who have spent 1000's on there computer and think they know it all, I could buy a even better uber rig and pose around on forums with that sig.

So just maybe, maybeeee, you could comprehend that some people are having troublw with this game and its not there computers fault.

You're wrong you know.  You may not remember the early days of PC gaming, but back in the mid 80's all games were developed and coded on IBM brand PC's using their own version of DOS.  Most of us could not afford those boxes, so we bought clones of varying degrees of compatibility with the standard.

Game manufacturers back then took the approach, if it runs well on the standard, then everyone else is the problem.

Over the years, game mfg's realized it was in their best interest to test wider varieties of hardware, but I recall when DAOC first came out, there were like 12 specific video cards that were supported, and if you had anything else it was buyer beware. (I purchased one of those 12 cards)

I'd say that AOC probably runs acceptable or well on about 80% of the PC's out there.  If 400K people bought it, that leaves about 80K players who are having a hard time....and 320K doing great.

That might actually be an acceptable level of success to Funcom right now, and in time they'll continue to work out the issues with the remaining 20% (or whatever the ratio is)

But in the end, if the game runs well on a majority of the boxes in circulation (I have 3 computers at home with no issues) then the fault ulitmately lies with the users hardware.

I don't care if someone can run Crysis, that is not the benchmark, nor is the fact that you build gaming PC's any measure of your ability to determine where the fault lies.

Most applications are developed to a particular accepted hardware standard, and its up to the user to meet it.

You might not like it, but that's how the world really works.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I love it how you and all other people can make snap judgements  like that without even seeing his PC, because thats the only way you can really tell if there is an issue. And just because you have the same GPU doesnt mean you will get the same FPS, I could go on about different system configurations and how there are many different 8800's with different clock speeds all affecting your overall FPS.

I love it how you and all other people can make snap judgements  like that without even seeing his PC, because thats the only way you can really tell if there is an issue. And just because you have the same GPU doesnt mean you will get the same FPS, I could go on about different system configurations and how there are many different 8800's with different clock speeds all affecting your overall FPS.

iv alrady asked for the rest of his specs..he has not replied.

so so far it is his damn fualt

Originally posted by Kyleran

You're wrong you know.  You may not remember the early days of PC gaming, but back in the mid 80's all games were developed and coded on IBM brand PC's using their own version of DOS.  Most of us could not afford those boxes, so we bought clones of varying degrees of compatibility with the standard.

Game manufacturers back then took the approach, if it runs well on the standard, then everyone else is the problem.

Over the years, game mfg's realized it was in their best interest to test wider varieties of hardware, but I recall when DAOC first came out, there were like 12 specific video cards that were supported, and if you had anything else it was buyer beware. (I purchased one of those 12 cards)

I'd say that AOC probably runs acceptable or well on about 80% of the PC's out there.  If 400K people bought it, that leaves about 80K players who are having a hard time....and 320K doing great.

That might actually be an acceptable level of success to Funcom right now, and in time they'll continue to work out the issues with the remaining 20% (or whatever the ratio is)

But in the end, if the game runs well on a majority of the boxes in circulation (I have 3 computers at home with no issues) then the fault ulitmately lies with the users hardware.

I don't care if someone can run Crysis, that is not the benchmark, nor is the fact that you build gaming PC's any measure of your ability to determine where the fault lies.

Most applications are developed to a particular accepted hardware standard, and its up to the user to meet it.

You might not like it, but that's how the world really works.

Lol, how am I wrong? I think its you that is wrong. I do remember gaming in DOS, it was hard to get most things work with drivers and juggling memory, though this is irelavent I'm not talking about gaming of yesteryear. Crysis is the most graphicaly advanced PC game, it is the benchmark in PC gaming. If a customer wants a PC to play games, do you know what he asks? Can it play Crysis? Thats what I see everyday, want to test a new PC to see if it runs games ok and wont crash, run Crysis for a bit always roots out artifacting and faulty RAM. How do you explain that when running the game on high settings it runs faster than low? There is something very wrong there.

If you read the forums most people having graphic card problems are ATI, funny how the Nvidia Logo comes up when you run the game?

The fact that I have built and repaired high end PC's than you ever will does qualify me, that fact that I have a near 100% rate of success fixing them qualifys me as well. I also get to play with brand new hardware months before it comes out and get inside information on products from that I am under stricked NDA. I test components overclock them and try to bring them to there limits.

Thats how my world works, don't try to teach me how yours works, I'm not a child.

• MordriaMordria Member Posts: 556

Originally posted by deepdish

All the reviews came in and everyone saying how amazing the game was but I can't stand it and I would say it's a horrible mmorpg but I havn't found a single mmorpg out there that I like.

maybe stick to single player games then? /shrug