Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arena Gear Rating Requirements.

Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

I'm all for rating requirements on the newest season of pvp gear.  It keeps the gold buyers from purchacing their way to pwnage.  On the other hand, I fail to see the reaon why bliz is keeping season ratings intact for s3 gear once s4 goes live. 

Comments?

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

It's to get rid of "welfare" PvP.

How do you spot a welfare PvPer? They will have full season 3 except they will have season 2 shoulders and weapon.

Players and Blizzard got tired of people losing 10 games a week or doing underhanded things like win trading or team spot selling to get the PvP epics.

Hopefully, they continue the season 4 ratings into WotLK.

• drevildrevil Member Posts: 26

the only problem .. ratings are too low.

i'm no fan of blizzards "everything for everyone" concept.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

personally I liked the old arena system. I was a non raider so arena was easy epics and it beat the hell out of doing dungeons.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Blizzard already admitted that they made a mistake with BC itemization, good PvP items are too easy to get compared to items from heroic instances and easier raids.

They probably didn't lower S3 rating requirements because it would have made good PvP gear even easier to obtain compared to what similar level PvE gear is.