Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Do you like Lineage2?

BrianMMOBrianMMO Member Posts: 45

Lw is the best MMO ever, but many people think completely different :P

Comments

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

its a good game

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well - this is a kinda loaded question.

Theres aspects of Lineage 2 that I love and that I miss in other games.

- The overall beautiful Manga graphics, for example. Though not flawless, seee under negative. Still I consider Lineage 2 graphics about perfect - that means, good looking without requireing endless hardware resources.

- Some of the classes. Such as Tyrant, I just love this concept, a class thats extremely weak in defense, but got an insane offense. I also loved Spellhowler and Shillien Elder.

- The castle sieges. Having PvP in general, even if I consider the karma concept of Lineage 2 not being optimal yet.

- Enchanting items. Granted, the way Lineage 2 did it, it did not make much sense. Enchanting magic staffs had a much greater effect, i.e. about twice as big, as enchanting melee weapons, and enchanting armor and jewelry was basically an utter waste of time.

And then theres stuff I really hated about Lineage 2.

- All this Ancient Adenna crap, for example. A super complicated system which really doesnt do anything but add a ton of annoyance to the game.

- The forever endless grind. Thats why I never played the official game for long. Granted, I have nothing against archievements. But killing mobs over and over just to get xp ? Boooorrrrriiiiinnnggg. I loved it when I just could try out certain classes on one of these extreme xp freeshards.

- The real and total lack of any meaningful quests.

- The graphics, or some parts of it. Male Dwarf was incredibly ugly, even worse because how different female dwarves looked like, who where the cutest ever. I got allergic against the looks of male Orc Warrior after a while, and female Orc Mystic had an extremely awful voice. Darkelf female was nice, but do they really have to run around almost nude ? I'm not against a bit sexiness, mind, but if I see a tank, I want them in full armor ! I was totally missing ANY halfway beautiful male darkelf face; they all looked extremely angry. And the idea of a race with a single wing is the most ugliest race idea ever. I also hated that I couldnt give my female Treasure Hunter the same hairstyle I put on my female Necromancer.

- The very idea that one and the same armor looks totally different on different races, genders, and even subtypes (mystic or warrior). The same armor that looked totally kickass on humans looked suddenly much less good on elves or darkelves.

- The static armor sets. What is exactly the reason that you can enchant items only in one certain way ?

- The fact that my Shillien Elder was nothing but a buff- and healbot and not much else. Unlike Prophet and Warcryer, I couldnt wear heavy armor and buff me up to kill normal mobs. And unlike Bishop and Elven Elder, I couldnt solo Undead anymore either. I was killed by gray mobs that wouldnt have given me xp or items even if I would have managed to kill them.

All in all, I certainly cant go back, even if I miss the general beautiful Manga style, some of the interesting class concepts, and the general concept of being able to improve your gear ad infinum through enchanting.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I have to agree with some of Adamantine's opinions.

The disparity in looks between male and female dwarves is just horrible, the ancient adena thing IS unnecessary along with a variety of other little things that the dev's have added that most people don't use... like those dragon eggs or whatever that you can make things for example.

This game is heads and shoulders above typical korean grinders but the quests are just as horrible.

I personally like the huge grind and lament the fact that they made it easier to get to 40 but that's just my taste.

I like that the armor looks different from one race to another but don't always like how that armor actually appears, lack of alternate rules servers for players who want different experiences (though they say they will be bringing us one at some point.. .and they don't know what the rule set will be).

I don't like the higher lvl content just added as it funnels high lvl players to one place where we have to do quests in order to take advantage of more high lvl content. The quests in L2 are abhorrent and I have promised that I will never do another L2 quest if I can help it.

All this coupled with forgotten and useless low lvl crafting, forgotten areas in the game, the barren nature of the world because they can't support as many mobs as they used to since the game world has gotten so large...

The dev's are just developing aimlessly. But the battles are great the art design is great.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CartographyCartography Member UncommonPosts: 331

Lineage 2 is the kind of game I wish I tried when it first came out. It's the best game I never really played. I'm always checking up on it though and reading about the new things they add. It still has the best high-fantasy graphics that I've seen.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Ohhh Logic, you would not have liked it when it first came out as hardly any content that was promised on the back of the game box was even in the game till almost a year after release!!!

Originally posted by Wrender

Ohhh Logic, you would not have liked it when it first came out as hardly any content that was promised on the back of the game box was even in the game till almost a year after release!!!

becuse it was extremly active you could get a party is a flash

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by DeadlyMage

And the legit players rallying together to fight back the pro farmers for the rights to level, enjoy the upper level areas.

Strange as it may seem to outsiders those were the good times (even though it was frustrating at times).

Originally posted by Hoplites

Originally posted by DeadlyMage

And the legit players rallying together to fight back the pro farmers for the rights to level, enjoy the upper level areas.

Strange as it may seem to outsiders those were the good times (even though it was frustrating at times).

bots do ruin th egmae some what, they are supposed to be getting rid of them..well they say they are

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

I've friends on Luna who say NCsoft is swinging the ban hammer hard, dunno about the rest of the servers, but I wish they did that before, now Im tired of the game after 4 years but I can't stop looking at it, damn good times pvping here in L2, if it wasn't so grindy, it would probably be the best hardcore game out there.

Originally posted by Ephimero

I've friends on Luna who say NCsoft is swinging the ban hammer hard, dunno about the rest of the servers, but I wish they did that before, now Im tired of the game after 4 years but I can't stop looking at it, damn good times pvping here in L2, if it wasn't so grindy, it would probably be the best hardcore game out there.

hmm i have a pare time card. might check out the new server ;)