Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Living Legacy (Reactivated Accounts Plus)

neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

From http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/news_article.vm?id=50955 :

Celebrate Your Hardcore Heritage!

Living Legacy is a celebration of the millions of players who have adventured in EverQuest in the last nine years. Whether you were one of the first players to call Norrath home or just dropped by for a day to explore, we're inviting you to come back and celebrate with us. Special events and unique reward opportunities are waiting. We're still in the fight. Is the fight still in you?

• Free Game Play

All inactive paying and trial EverQuest accounts in good standing have been reactivated and entitled for free play up until July 25, 2008.

• Free EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer All-In-One Pack Software

Get caught up on content and keep the game upon your conversion to paid monthly subscription.

• Unique In-Game Item Bundle

Available for all returning players.

• Claimable at Log-In – Get up to speed immediately with:
      • Bundles of Defiant Armor* — Class and level specific armor upgrade
      • The Scabbard of Fortune* — Class and level specific weapon upgrade
      • Ten Potions of Adventure* — Increased XP to get back in the fight
      • Ten Movement Speed Potions* — Jet from battle to battle
      • The Legacy Satchel* — A container for your loot

• Special Offer! Living Legacy participants who convert to subscribers on or before July 25, 2008 will be granted a unique item upon purchase of the upcoming EverQuest expansion pack. This item is claimable upon expansion release.
      • The Temporal Chrysalis* — A mysterious item that pulses as if alive. Who knows what it will hatch into…

• Live Events – XP Bonuses, Upgrades To Favorite Zones and New Raids!

• The Hottest Zones Ever! All current EverQuest hot zones offer an additional 25% experience bonus. See the "Welcome Back" tab for a list of the current hot zones and their suggested level ranges as well as details on the experience bonus.
    • More Loot! The global drop rate has been updated throughout all of Norrath so returning and current adventurers can line their pockets.
    • Classic Group Content Upgrades! Lower Guk (7/7/08 – 8/04/08) will be fine-tuned with upgraded loot for groups of returning hardcore adventurers. Prepare to face some old enemies…and a few new ones!
    • Brand New Raids! Get ready for the fight of your life with four brand new raid scenarios. Incredible item rewards await adventurers who face these hardcore challenges and succeed. See the "Events Tab" for more details.

• Legends Of Norrath™ - Free game client, starter pack, and access to competitive prize tournaments.

Get Started Now

If you have uninstalled EverQuest, click here to download the installer. The download may be quite large and take a significant amount of time.

If you have forgotten your Station Account name and password, click here.

*Non-tradeable

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I hope someone out there gets a little free fun out of this.

I just unsubscribed, uninstalled, and deleted the directory, and then THIS comes along! I'd love to revisit some of my old, long abandoned accounts...

And they are doing something similar for EQ2 also... Gawd, I am such a sucker for FREE play time.

Good luck out there. 

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

I just checked one of my inactive accounts and it is not active....

Checked another inactive account:  Worked.

Weird.  Is this for just old "station pass" subscribers?  I literally have like 10 inactive accounts and even more of friends whose info I could get.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

OMG, I am going to re-download EQ if I can find it lol, and im going to play my old characters untill AOC gets fixed.

• nucjimbonucjimbo Member Posts: 33

No way!  Anytime someone asks, "what's your favorite mmo you ever played?" and i'll always say, "EQ."  I am so excited.  I started out on Test and played an enchanter all up to 56 or so (on test, so aka soloed haha).  I can't wait to come back.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

OMG, I am going to re-download EQ if I can find it lol, and im going to play my old characters untill AOC gets fixed.

Originally posted by neschria

Get Started Now

If you have uninstalled EverQuest, click here to download the installer. The download may be quite large and take a significant amount of time.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Clarification

soe-ing.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/soe_ing.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php

Which accounts are given free time?

All inactive subscribers in good standing and trial accounts as of April 30th, 2008, can play EverQuest and EverQuest II with the latest content at no charge during this promotion.  

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Awsome! As an old schooler its always fun to go back and visit Norrath, especially when its free.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

One of my inactive accounts, with my Cleric, is in great standing.  The account is like 6 years old.

It is not active!  One of my other accounts is, and I have not tested others. 

• HolgarHolgar Member Posts: 10

The question is whether I can get a group with my chars these days. I quit when I would spend over an hour on Strom trying to get a group for either my 55 Pally or 42 Cleric. Sitting in Pok casting Temp while LFG for over an hour was not what I wanted out of an mmorpg. Makes me sad just thinking about it...

• PhaethonPhaethon Member Posts: 43

:(

So I bought the all-in-one pack   now 2 ? weeks ago and started a Sub, now they start this.

And my trial account isn't that old yet, its still "closed" so no cheap 2nd account either :(

Time to write Customer Service  :P :(.

Past: EQ,EQ2,SWG,MXO,Vanguard,PotBS,PS,CoX,GW,RG:TR,L2,Aion,AA,LotRo,DDO,EVE,WoW,CO,STO,P1999,FE,MCO,TDU,RIFT(beta),Perpetuum.
    Present: ...
    Future: TDU2,TOR,GW2.
    Wishlist: Motor City Online Remake.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

I went to try and reactivate my account, and for some reason the 14-day trial is activated.  I don't know how or why that happened, but I can't seem to get access to my old characters and show that my play time would be for the summer as they advertise.

I have a 65 mage and a 65 enchanter that I can see when I enter their names here: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/quickSearch.action

However, for some reason I can't find them when I log in.  I can't even find a way to switch to the server that they are on.  I feel like a newbie all over again

Still poking around to see where I went wrong...

Originally posted by Phaethon
    :(
    So I bought the all-in-one pack now 2 ? weeks ago and started a Sub, now they start this.
    And my trial account isn't that old yet, its still "closed" so no cheap 2nd account either :(
    Time to write Customer Service :P :(.

Its really about timing. The summer seems to be when SOE has these specials. I was going to purchase Evolution and just jump on and take a look around, but I thought I'd wait till June to see if SOE was going to have a special.

The Old Timers Guild
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

Originally posted by Centhan
    I went to try and reactivate my account, and for some reason the 14-day trial is activated. I don't know how or why that happened, but I can't seem to get access to my old characters and show that my play time would be for the summer as they advertise.
    I have a 65 mage and a 65 enchanter that I can see when I enter their names here: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/quickSearch.action
    However, for some reason I can't find them when I log in. I can't even find a way to switch to the server that they are on. I feel like a newbie all over again image
    Still poking around to see where I went wrong...

I downloaded the client from the Legacy link and didn't have any issues. I'm not sure how it would work with existing software or anyone who may purchase Evolution and load it.

The Old Timers Guild
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465

I just found this funny, tried a few of my old account names and found out one of my accounts was created

Original Activation Date: 

June 4, 2000

very ironic... 8 years ago less a day.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Well the only thing one has to do is make sure that they have about 3 hours of DL time on a cable modem  to take advantage of this fine , fine offer.  (Now ,How would I know that?)

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan