It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
"Does your Mass Effect PC install process crap out because of corrupted files, even when installing from the retail DVD? Does it spit out moronic error messages about the non-existent saferun.exe and saferun.dll?
About ready to return the game for a refund? If so, hold up, because BioWare has released a rather complicated workaround to bypass their majorly screwed installer...
You will need:
A) access to the contents of the data directory (either off CD, download, temp files, etc)
WinRar or 7zip or any tool that can extract .rar files.
1) Create a folder on your system somewhere. Default for the installer is "C:Program FilesMass Effect" or a games folder.
2) Open each .rar file in the utility chosen (WinRar for e.g.)
3) Extract each .rar file into this folder. If you are using an English build, you won't need to extract any .rar file that has a different language code (_es, _fr, _de, _it, etc)
4) After extracting all files, your folder should look like this:
5) Run the MassEffectLauncher.exe and quit immediately.
6) Run the "Mass Effect (tm)_code.exe" from the data folder. Enter your CD Key, click next, it will exit out.
7) Run the Launcher again, hit "Config". under the "Repair" tab, you can re-create your shortcuts if running XP. If running Vista, I'm sorry, you can't add the game to the Game Explorer in these instructions.
8) Quit back to the launcher.
9) Play! (everything should work nicely now)
For solutions to other issues try the official technical support forum."
notice there are many pages of reported problems with GF8800gt gpu.