Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan?

DrumwizDrumwiz Member Posts: 217

So has anyone played AoC? Any similarities between it and SWG? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Fun?

Comments

• SelenciaSelencia Member Posts: 180

No similarities to SWG. It's starting to become obvious how utterly lacking AoC is . I don't get why all these new MMOs have to be focused on endlessly grinding quests; it's the polar opposite of SWG's do what you want concept. There is also a SERIOUS lack of social/community in AoC, even on the official RP server.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Role playing died because of MMOs, I havent seen decent rp since MUDS

• SelenciaSelencia Member Posts: 180

I agree, but MMOs are going even further and are killing socializing. People don't even stop to chat in these games anymore. Everyone is so busy compulsively killing the next mob or grinding the next quest.

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by Arcken

Role playing died because of MMOs, I havent seen decent rp since MUDS

agree as for mmorpg there is actually no good ones out there.. it's mostly hack and slash or blow up things... nothing spectaular about it really... mmo games are just a collection of people who plays the same game. trying to make it rpg and you get l337 players coming around with silly names and ruin the whole atmosphere.. and as for rpg feel you really need to do pen and paper to understand what's lacking in the computer games.

Obviously a computer game must have some limitation I mean if you play pen and paper the players can do all sorts of funny things and unexpected as well... in mmorpg's you do a quest hack someone to pieces and get it done... I mean it would be nice to have the freedom to finish the quest in various fashion with different outcome.

For instance you decide to help a farmer rid of some critters, you rid the critters but ruin the farm in the fight and the farmer gets mad at you and decide not to reward you after all, or you don't even kill the critters but lure them away with some food and then collect the reward , that would be cool..or any other methods you can think of to rid the critters. One task multiple solutions some single player games has this option but then again I enjoy playing with friends so single player games is not my thing.

It would be very interesting to see in a mmo to have several ways of completing a quest/mission instead of the plain brainless hack 'n slash which gets pretty boring in the long run.