Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so when will have a good sci fi mmo

only good one is EVE but iv played that to death

allot of mmo coming out but non look promessing

i dont want one based on a tv series or movie................or book.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Black Prophecy looks pretty good.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

We will never have a good sci-fi mmo.  The reason is good sci-fi is too far above the level of most players.

As an example, alot of people called Star Wars sci-fi.  Star Wars was pure Fantasy.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Click on the link in my sig.  I'm sorry, but Black Prophecies is going to be awful.  That design team is led by one of the NGEs strongest proponents and one of the men most directly responsible for the NGE.

So yeah, I'm sure it'll be great

Earthrise....

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

when some one has the common sense to make a dune mmo ffs.

My blog: image

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Originally posted by Consensus
    when some one has the common sense to make a dune mmo ffs.

Hmm so I can be a mentat assassin? :3

-- Brede

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I know it will never happen but I still want a Shadowrun mmo.

• Thunder_HeadThunder_Head Member Posts: 304

Earthrise and 40k are both on their way.

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

also looking for some new space mmo as EVE was a big downer...

• KaltesHerzKaltesHerz Member Posts: 237

I want Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, or Rifts as far as games being based on an already existing IP.

Although If I could have any sci-fi game it would be one based off my system which is ready to go, just need finances and programmers.

Want a taste of religion? Lick a witch.

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

starwars IS sci fi... with fantasy tinge to it. Its like medieval games witha tinge of fantasy to it.

To be honest ive had enough of medieval type games/fantasyish like mages, priests, swordsmen and stuff. Im sick an tired of it already.

i~ku~ra

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

what we need is a good WoW like game.  one that appeals to the masses (not actually like WoW if possible ).  that will spark an interest and then the good game will start to roll out.   i have high hopes that 40k will be an easy to get into MMO (personally...i dont want depth in that game) and i want it followed up by a series of more complex/more deep games.

Dune i would want to have immense depth as it would be a shame if anyone butchered it by cutting out more than half the book, slapping on some WoW like features and calling it DUNE.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• Thunder_HeadThunder_Head Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by funnylumpy

also looking for some new space mmo as EVE was a big downer...

Could wait for Jumpgate Evolution.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Death1942

what we need is a good WoW like game.  one that appeals to the masses (not actually like WoW if possible ).  that will spark an interest and then the good game will start to roll out.   i have high hopes that 40k will be an easy to get into MMO (personally...i dont want depth in that game) and i want it followed up by a series of more complex/more deep games.

Dune i would want to have immense depth as it would be a shame if anyone butchered it by cutting out more than half the book, slapping on some WoW like features and calling it DUNE.
    More than likely "Universe of Starcraft"  As if Warcraft wasn't already a big enough franchise Starcraft is much larger!  Blizzard would own the MMO world if they made it into an MMO, and would prolly be the best sci-fi MMO!

UoS is my vote on the next MMO Blizzard is developing!

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Originally posted by Death1942

More than likely "Universe of Starcraft"  As if Warcraft wasn't already a big enough franchise Starcraft is much larger!  Blizzard would own the MMO world if they made it into an MMO, and would prolly be the best sci-fi MMO!

UoS is my vote on the next MMO Blizzard is developing!

I would actually like to see another Starcraft game but in a different flavor besides RTS. A single player rpg would be most to my liking... kinda gettin' sick of the MMO community as a whole. I'd probably play a starcraft MMO if they made one though... but would refrain from grouping with anyone but RL friends.

I'm tired of dumbed down trailer park trash games. I want depth and complexity, everything WoW and the current generation and games that have come out in the last few years, aren't.

I like high but fair learning curves, it keeps the idiots away. I like 100% player driven economies, it keeps the idiots away.  I like strategic thinking, it keeps the idiots away.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by KaltesHerz

I'm tired of dumbed down trailer park trash games. I want depth and complexity, everything WoW and the current generation and games that have come out in the last few years, aren't.

I like high but fair learning curves, it keeps the idiots away. I like 100% player driven economies, it keeps the idiots away.  I like strategic thinking, it keeps the idiots away.

Where are our swg's and ryzoms and uo's and those kinds of epic games?  Why are all the new games coming dumbass console kiddy games?

Because thats what the masses of new generation tard gamers like.  @#$%#$%^#$%^

Originally posted by randomt

Originally posted by KaltesHerz

Where are our swg's and ryzoms and uo's and those kinds of epic games?  Why are all the new games coming dumbass console kiddy games?

Because thats what the masses of new generation tard gamers like.  @#$%#$%^#$%^

Instant gratification with as little thinking as possible.

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

Possibly Anarchy Online after it has its graphics revamp

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.