Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

reactivated account!

enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Heads Up!!

I occasionally look at my Station account, due to Sony reactivating random games. Found 60 days available on my account.  Anyone else get some free play time?

I am going to go dig out my disks now

Current Games:

Comments

• Rallos_4everRallos_4ever Member Posts: 11

I'm actually in the process of activating an account for shits-n-giggles until WAR comes out because I think AoC sucks... starting from scratch =)

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

Conan just wasn't for me. Bristlebane seems pretty populated and I am having fun!

Current Games:

• CazeroCazero Member Posts: 56

same here, dling client atm.

-Caz

• MekismoMekismo Member Posts: 43

Nice one, if it hadn't of been for this thread i wouldn't of checked my subsciption info. 54 days left, installing now :D

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

I just installed last night. Trying one of these Drakken (sp) fellows, see how I feel about it.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• tarviktarvik Member UncommonPosts: 84

very cool was just thinkin other dayabout bringin EQ up..thanks for the post , have 54 days as well =)

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

I still play EQ and have a few accounts activated.  I rarely play, though, and the community on Combine is pretty rancid.  You have guilds like Dawn of Marr that verbally abuse players and grief players. 

The old spirit of EQ and the value system are gone and perhaps lost forever.  We have a diaspora of old-school EQ players all over, mostly in WoW, searching for that old EQ spirit and feel.

Good luck finding it, either in a new game or by returning!

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Originally posted by enzyme

Heads Up!!
    I occasionally look at my Station account, due to Sony reactivating random games. Found 60 days available on my account.  Anyone else get some free play time?
    I am going to go dig out my disks now

Well I just went to Station.com and checked my EQ sub and it appears that I have a whopping 54 days on my account as well! Looks like I have something to do for the summer haha, Drinal, here I come!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260

Up-dating now...3 hours left to go...damn digital expansions, takes forever to update.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

just redled it all, time to see what its like on my new comp!

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Awesome! I'm heading back to Norrath. I suppose I'll be getting some official announcement from SOE via email soon. I'm glad people were posting about this.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

"FREE GAME PLAY! To celebrate the millions of players who have adventured in EverQuest in the last nine years, all inactive paying and trial EverQuest accounts in good standing have been reactivated and entitled for free play up until July 25, 2008. Whether you were one of the first players to call Norrath home or just dropped by for a day to explore, we’re inviting you to come back to celebrate with us. Special events and unique reward opportunities are waiting. We’re still in the fight. Is the fight still in you?

Log in now to celebrate and receive: Free EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer All-In-One Pack Software
    Get caught up on content and keep the game upon your conversion to a paid monthly subscription.

Unique In-Game Item Bundle
    Available for all returning players:
    Claimable at Log-In – Get up to speed immediately with:
    Bundles of Defiant Armor* -- Class and level range specific armor
    The Scabbard of Fortune* -- Class and level range specific weapon
    Ten Potions of Adventure* -- Increased XP to get back in the fight
    Ten Movement Speed Potions* -- Jet from battle to battle
    The Legacy Satchel* -- A container for your loot*
    Special Offer! Living Legacy participants who convert to subscribers on or before July 25, 2008 will be granted a unique item upon purchase of the upcoming EverQuest expansion pack. This item is claimable upon expansion release.
    The Temporal Chrysalis* -- A mysterious item that pulses as if alive. Who knows what it will hatch into...

Player Events
    XP Bonuses, Upgrades To Favorite Zones and New Raids!
    The Hottest Zones Ever! All current EverQuest hot zones offer an additional 25% experience bonus. See the "Welcome Back" tab on the Living Legacy Web site for a list of the current hot zones and their suggested level ranges as well as details on the experience bonus.
    More Loot! The global drop rate has been updated throughout all of Norrath so returning and current adventurers can line their pockets.
    Classic Group Content Upgrades! Lower Guk (7/7/08 – 8/04/08) will be fine-tuned with upgraded loot for groups of returning hardcore adventurers. Prepare to face some old enemies... and a few new ones!
    Brand New Raids! Get ready for the fight of your life with four brand new raid scenarios. Incredible item rewards await adventurers who face these hardcore challenges and succeed. See the "Events Tab" on the Living Legacy Web site for more details.

Legends of Norrath™
    Free game client, starter pack, and access to competitive prize tournaments.

Get Started Now:
    If you have uninstalled EverQuest, click here (about 1.4GB) to download the installer. The download may be quite large and take a significant time.
    If you do not have your Station Account name and password click here. "

edit
    was having alot of halts in the above cited download link, on their 1.27GB dl,
    so searched the help station and found this alternate link and so far made it to the patcher and it is working.
    Trying to reinstall from the old CDs resulted in inability to connect to the patcher.

first a FIVE hour, then a THIRTEeN hour, now a *TWENTY* hour patch download, the EQ folder is up to 4.7GB.

? How big is the EQ folder (5.57GB,) just the base install EQ was supposed to only be 400MB ?

• gnat76gnat76 Member Posts: 70

I got my account reactivated too, I just downloaded and started it up.  After I log in and select my server I get a black window and it freezes.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is EQ compatible with Vista?

• MekismoMekismo Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by gnat76

I got my account reactivated too, I just downloaded and started it up.  After I log in and select my server I get a black window and it freezes.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is EQ compatible with Vista?

I am running EQ with Vista, its a bit temperamental i have to run it as an administrator every time i load the game. Once in game though it seems to be fine.

• AvraAvra Member UncommonPosts: 100

Downloading the game now..

Not sure if I will stay or not, but bored with everything out there and I miss EQ. Be fun to take a run through all the old zones for old times sake anyway.

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

run under xpsp2 compatibility

Originally posted by DeadlyMage

Done...no difference

Updated video drivers, reinstalled directx, made sure I was running as admin, disabled advance display options, etc......

Any other ideas?

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

Originally posted by DeadlyMage

Done...no difference

Updated video drivers, reinstalled directx, made sure I was running as admin, disabled advance display options, etc......

Any other ideas?

try here http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/show.m?forum_id=1

Finally got it working last night, the problem was that I had VMware installed that adds a second NIC device.  Removed VMware and EQ is running great.

But....

Its not the same game I remember.  Also after playing other MMOs the interface for EQ is very clunky and difficult to use.  I'll enjoy exploring Norrath for the free time but I think EQ's day has come and gone.

• Thecrow12345Thecrow12345 Member Posts: 41

My account did not get reactived and I started playing back in 2000 and did not stop until 2004.  I am quite disappointed.  I tried the 14 day trial on tehre and when I log in with my old ID all my Characters are gone.  I contacted support so they can hopefully get this straightned out because I miss my cleric.

Currently Playing: Nothing (waitinf for WAR)
    Retired: AC2, EVE, DAoC, EQ, WoW