Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a different kind of black screen of death...

So I've been reading alot of threds on people getting a black screen whenever they enter the game or log in, but I get it in like 2 hours of gameplay, and it lasts for rougly 30-40 secconds, very annoying if you ask me, especially while in combat. I usually end up just CTRL+ALT+DEL 'ing it and shutting it down, then booting it back up.

I have tried the following....

1. Updating video drivers
  2. Uninstalling all video drivers and reinstalling NEW video drivers
  3. Made sure DX9 is enabled
  4. Edited the line called < Value name="RenderSetting_ShaderModel" value="1" />  to value=0
  5. Spraying out my computer with my air compressor, thinking it was overheating.
  6. increased the Power supply via Vista adjust power options, thinking the GPU wasnt getting enough power.
  7. Lowering the resolution from 1920x1200 to a wopping 1280x1024. (My monitor is 24")
  8. Removing alot of crap off the hard drive I didnt need anymore
  9. Removed startup programs via msconfig
  10. added all the ram useage priority to AOC via task manager

I ran out of ideas on how to solve this issue. I'm looking into how to overclock my GPU, CPU and RAM...but I dont know if that will stop it from happening. Anyone have an idea?

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit--Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 2.4GHz--6.0gb RAM--GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB (7.15 driver version)

_The Sauce Man