Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to remember a game title

I am looking for a game that was around maybe 3-4 years ago.

It was in alpha or beta at the time and it was free while in development. I can't remember if it was going to stay free but I think maybe it was going to be pay to play when finished.

It was a 3D fantasy MORPG for Windows.

The game had 3d graphics (3rd person) which were realistic in proportion but low poly count - it had basic texturing also. The backgrounds had even less polygons than the characters. It divided the map into squares of land that you walked between (like a really big grid). These squares of land would be say a couple of metres squared relative to the player model. By having fewer of these squares to walk between you saved on server requests thus saving bandwidth. It was a real time game though. I think in the beta it also had the player coordinates and other info superimposed on the screen. It had basic features like player talk and fighting NPC monsters.

I am not sure, but if I remember properly nearly everyone had a female character (maybe a feature)! :D

It was a desktop game (not a web game). The character models were a bit like the original tombraider on PC except less polygons and obviously wearing fantasy type armour/leather.

I think it had some kind of crafting system because I seem to recall someone giving me a sword. I think there were like craft masters and stuff which were NPCs. The main starting area was fairly green and hilly with a few trees and didn't have many enemies. I think there were a few tigers/cougars skulking around.

There was also a dungeon close to the starting area and various monsters in there. I think it was like a couple of skeletons and maybe a troll/golem type thing. Probably some spiders as well. The dungeon was really dark and a very wide open area with some stalagmites on the floor.

The website was bland and maybe a light green colour.

Can anyone remember this game?

Comments

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

maybe Kingsfield...or Might and Magic VII.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...