Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it's not worth anymore for me... read this before u play. i beg u!!!

1235»

Comments

  • fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Originally posted by woeye


    I beg to differ. EvE is a far more complicated game than WoW. In EvE you really have to learn a lot of things in order to be able to survive. Whereas WoW is easy mode all over, honestly. My girlfriend, for example, never played computer games before. But she did pretty well in WoW quickly. Why? Because WoW is so easy. Easy to understand, easy in character control and easy in progression.
    Furthermore I'd say that WoW attracts way more players than EvE. Because I feel many players favor to be a nightelf, a shiny warrior, a powerful mage or whatever. It has this tamagochi thing. Like "look at this gnome female. Isn't the cuuuute?" Whereas EvE is all about dark, black, grey, serious business. Flying around in dark space isn't so attractive for many players imho. Pushing around lots and lots of grey dialog boxes full of text neither.
    Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy EvE. But I do understand that many players cannot enjoy EvE.
     

    Yeah I kind of agree.

    The environment in Eve can be a little depressing at times.

    It's cold and dark, not bright and happy.

    I have had to take breaks at times because the mood was just too grey.

  • fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Originally posted by Zorndorf


     
    Originally posted by woeye


    I beg to differ. EvE is a far more complicated game than WoW. In EvE you really have to learn a lot of things in order to be able to survive. Whereas WoW is easy mode all over, honestly. My girlfriend, for example, never played computer games before. But she did pretty well in WoW quickly. Why? Because WoW is so easy. Easy to understand, easy in character control and easy in progression.
    Furthermore I'd say that WoW attracts way more players than EvE. Because I feel many players favor to be a nightelf, a shiny warrior, a powerful mage or whatever. It has this tamagochi thing. Like "look at this gnome female. Isn't the cuuuute?" Whereas EvE is all about dark, black, grey, serious business. Flying around in dark space isn't so attractive for many players imho. Pushing around lots and lots of grey dialog boxes full of text neither.
    Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy EvE. But I do understand that many players cannot enjoy EvE.
     
    It's not because Wow is "easy to learn" and has an easy interface, that it's not difficult in its end game if you are a hardcore raider.

     

    On our server not one guild downed the end bosses of the newest addition in TBC.

    Just read the interviews with the players of top world guilds like SK gaming and Nihilum

    http://www.wowjutsu.com/eu/dragonblight/

    See: 0.00 % of our lore guilds that do the end raiding downed the last 2 bosses....

    As for Wow - Arena top players there are really a class on their own.

    If you say your girlfriend played Wow, of course no problem. But....

    what's her arena rating and where is she in the dungeon progress ?

    The fact is ... this is not a problem: she enjoys the game as is.

    Everyone can play it like he/she wants. The EASY  way or the HARD way. That's the secret of Wow's massive success.

     

     

     

    What does arena rating get you?

    Besides more gear that you cannot lose?

    For example what changes in the world when you get arena rating?

    Do you get to take over a dungeon?

    Do you get to do anything special?

    If I own a piece of space, I can let you live there and make you pay me rent.

    The reason your girlfriend would not play Eve is because Eve does not pretend that you are a super-special hero.

    In Eve you are just one of thousands of pilots.

  • shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

    lol can people stop feeding this troll lol its old news let it die and let eve pwn it

    .....

  • ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061


    Originally posted by Cute_SpyGirl
    Haters
    I don't understand why EVE is hard for noobs...  People need to vote with their money.   My recommendation for whiners is not to sign up---many great games elsewhere.  Trust me, CCP will not change.  So go away.  EVE IS NOT FOR NOOBS and EX-WOW!!
    Cute SpyGirl
    Hips Don't Lie


    Were you born Eve veteran? i am sure you were noob too at some point. Whats with this shitty attitude of yours? a guy using alias cute_spygirl and than acting macho on internet? weird.

    Its people like you who should be blasted into pieces ingame so that you can shut up your NOOB NOT ALLOWED banter and sit quietly in corner.

  • damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Shastra


     

    Originally posted by Cute_SpyGirl

    Haters

    I don't understand why EVE is hard for noobs...  People need to vote with their money.   My recommendation for whiners is not to sign up---many great games elsewhere.  Trust me, CCP will not change.  So go away.  EVE IS NOT FOR NOOBS and EX-WOW!!

    Cute SpyGirl

    Hips Don't Lie

     



    Were you born Eve veteran? i am sure you were noob too at some point. Whats with this shitty attitude of yours? a guy using alias cute_spygirl and than acting macho on internet? weird.

    Its people like you who should be blasted into pieces ingame so that you can shut up your NOOB NOT ALLOWED banter and sit quietly in corner.

     

    who says he-she doesn't get podded daily?  

    could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

  • TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214

    Life is hard , so is Eve.

    Its called Natural selection ......bye op

  • ZAGANZAGAN Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by peteski123


     "Originally posted by Hi-Five
    words can't xplain how insane it is for new players to start.  you can read  all the fanboy threads.. but even fan boys will be hard to explain this simple logic.  This is what you are paying 14.99 for:
    More experience players can kill you anytime.  If they can't, they can do the following things:
    1. war'dec you (granted permission to kill you anywhere) 

    2. Sudicide attack, (attacking you at their lost)



    you can read all the explainations, justification, and EvE's "love me" threads.. but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!
     
    it is your 14.99... you are more than welcome to throw it away.  EVE older players are looking for more noobs to kill.. please  be a victim!!! "
     
     
     
     
    This is why this game is not for baby's.. ie people like you who have no concept of the real world..... But But when I die they take my stuff.. cry....     
    sheesh go play wow then thats for kids, leave the real fighting to us proper gamers



     

    Can i hire you as my top sales rep......... Oh wait a second.... here is your pink slip.

  • ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061


    Originally posted by ZAGAN
    Originally posted by peteski123  "Originally posted by Hi-Five
    words can't xplain how insane it is for new players to start.  you can read  all the fanboy threads.. but even fan boys will be hard to explain this simple logic.  This is what you are paying 14.99 for:
    More experience players can kill you anytime.  If they can't, they can do the following things:
    1. war'dec you (granted permission to kill you anywhere) 
    2. Sudicide attack, (attacking you at their lost)you can read all the explainations, justification, and EvE's "love me" threads.. but the bottom line, if someone want to kill you... THERE IS NOT THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.. what does is this mean? imagine you spent 1 mth working for cash to buy a nice shield, sword, armors and spells, but out of nowhere some more high level player just gank on you.  Once you are dead, all items are gone and so is your 1 mth hard labor!!
     
    it is your 14.99... you are more than welcome to throw it away.  EVE older players are looking for more noobs to kill.. please  be a victim!!! "
     
     
     
     
    This is why this game is not for baby's.. ie people like you who have no concept of the real world..... But But when I die they take my stuff.. cry....     
    sheesh go play wow then thats for kids, leave the real fighting to us proper gamers

     
    Can i hire you as my top sales rep......... Oh wait a second.... here is your pink slip.



    Hehehe, i am telling you this game is full of wannabe tough guys. I haven't played it over 6 months but i used to bump into these macho men almost on daily basis. The satisfaction you get for blowing them into pieces, its hard to explain but its very fulfilling.

    Anyways its quite well known that people who fail being tough in real life take it out on internet. Eve is full of such wannabe's.

  • Blighter214Blighter214 Member UncommonPosts: 28

    Just reading the first page of this thread...actually makes me WANT to play EVE. I love a game where dying actually means something. I've played a lot of Lineage II and love the way the PvP system works there and how no one holds your hand. I've played the trial a while back, and had 0 problems with other people trying to kill me randomly...in fact, the community was great! Just don't fly in 0.0 or other low security space if you can't afford to die.

  • EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

    I have played a fair amount of Lineage 2 as well.  If you like the no nonsense, PvP style of that game, I am pretty sure you will find a lot to like about EVE as well.

    Hope to see you soon!

  • AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by Blighter214


    Just reading the first page of this thread...actually makes me WANT to play EVE. I love a game where dying actually means something. I've played a lot of Lineage II and love the way the PvP system works there and how no one holds your hand. I've played the trial a while back, and had 0 problems with other people trying to kill me randomly...in fact, the community was great! Just don't fly in 0.0 or other low security space if you can't afford to die.



     

    My thoughts exactly. I have tried the free trial a couple of times, the most recent time being about 2 months ago. AoC came out and I wanted to see what the hype was about, so I allowed my EVE trial account to expire. Bad move, hehe. Anyhoo, I've been waiting too long to play a game like Eve. It's due time that I jump into the world that is EVE.

  • Cute_SpyGirlCute_SpyGirl Member Posts: 17

    Damien7,

    I am sorry to hear that you don't like me.  Oh well.. I am sure it is my lost. 

    Cute

     

  • bensculptbensculpt Member Posts: 80

    Ive never played Eve and I never will, but im glad its out there. Games like this and L2 that r all about griefing draw the undesirables away from other games .

  • EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

    Yes, and it is oh, so obvious there are no griefers in WoW! 

Sign In or Register to comment.