Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

36 New Racial Mounts!! (Screenshots)

Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

It's amazing how many new mounts they have added to this MMO!

36 new mounts with GU5! Vanguard is one big ass game.

It would be great if someone could up screen shots of all the new mounts.

The 36 new mounts are:

Level 30 -

Gataro

Vinewalker

Wolf Spider

Okami

Dire Lobster

Dragon Turtle

Widow

Beetle

Xakrin Lynx

Scorpion

Cockatrice

Boar

Wolf

Nomadic Behemoth

Rhino

Cougar

Ant Drone

Fox

Level 50 -

Gataro Skulkers

Vinestriker

Corrupt Wolf Spider

Warbread Okami

Battle Lobster

Battle Turtle

Blood Widow

Antlion

Xakrin Prowler

Scorpion Hunter

Swordbeak

Dire Boar

Dire Wolf

War Behemoth

Dire Rhino

Leopard/Panther

Soldier Ant

Fox Hunter

I want a Racing Snail!

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Comments

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

OOOH. Me likey very much! Thanks for sharing some nice pics. It's great to see the team behind Vanguard is still going strong, implementingupdates, fixes and new features like this. Screenshots like this always tempt me to give the game another whirl.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Yep...more mounts...taht is exactly what the game needed...more mounts.    GU6 will add more...

• DeadlyMageDeadlyMage Member Posts: 543

most of them are big bugs :p

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

It does not excite me.

- And they are bugs!

I ain't riding a bug.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by declaredemer

It does not excite me.

- And they are bugs!

I ain't riding a bug.
    Well, they are not ALL bugs but....far to many less then desirable choices IMHO.

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

Actually those mounts have been in vanguard sence early beta  , they just decided to fix them up and had them to this update. I think its awesome myself . you dont have to get one if you dont want, but the option to do so is always nice

Plus there's  faction involved with getting them so you can make your toon KOS in other parts of the game from getting one , I cant see how anyone could see it as a negative. plus it was only a part of GU5

Originally posted by Teala

Yep...more mounts...taht is exactly what the game needed...more mounts.    GU6 will add more...
    Bored with AoC already?

• unsane13unsane13 Member Posts: 160

I can't wait until I get a battle lobster! all my toons will be rolling on lobsters, the most awesome mount ever.

"For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honour..."

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Originally posted by Amon_Amarth

Screenshots like this always tempt me to give the game another whirl.
    Honestly, I'd wait another six months to a year before resubscribing. The game has come a very long way but still has a ways to go yet.

2009 will be the year for Vanguard to shine, me thinks.

• KhillaKhilla Member Posts: 179

I was wrong on info, sorry.

Oh ya, I was barely non-KOS when I picked up my necklace. I think 2000 positive faction will take you to non KOS for any race. Some one correct me if I'm wrong please.

One has to wonder why they implemented this "faction token" stuff. Why not just have faction that changes depending what you kill?

I have wondered this myself. I am making a big no no assumption that when you have the required coins, you turn them into the Mount Care Taker in the city that you got the necklace from. I do not have any sort of option to turn the coins into the guy I got the necklace from. I'll keep checking and post what I find out. If anyone can shed some light on this subject, please do.

Eeek....boy was I wrong. You do take faction hits from multiple races when you turn in gold coins (possibly other coins too, but I only had gold ones). Not good. I am certainly rethinking this mount option. 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Yep.

Thats why I dont bother with racial mounts.

After all, its just that - a MOUNT. Its already enough work to actually get one. Having to accept being KoS for a MOUNT is not acceptable to me.

Plus of course, once you started, you cant win. There is no way to be ever non-KoS again.

Faction and KOS is fun, even essential to an MMO. I just don't like this token/coin business.

Originally posted by Torak

Bored with AoC already?

Actually...I love Vanguard....it would be the best game on the market.  But it will never be finished and polished the way ti should be with SOE in charge.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

More stuff drudged up from beta. 

Good thing is, there's probably an endless amount of crap Sigil began work on, but never finished that SOE could salvage and pawn off as new content. 

Bad thing is, given a survey, I doubt many folks that cancelled and continue to cancel would check a radio button beside the lacking of lobster mounts as a reason why.

Bored with AoC already?

Actually...I love Vanguard....it would be the best game on the market.  But it will never be finished and polished the way ti should be with SOE in charge.

You are probably correct

Oh well, it will do until something better comes long, right?

Bored with AoC already?

You are probably correct

Yep.   If you like it you should play it.   Vanguard is a good game, just under the wrong management.  

I tip my hat to what Sony has been able to accomplish with Vanguard as they were never involved with the original development of the game and have clearly picked up the pieces to make a pretty dam good game to date.

I wish Sony would dedicate more development resources as well, but am glad to accept what has become an awesome game in ALMOST all aspects, because I haven't found anything else that peaks my interest as VG has, since its release.

Good luck and Peace!!

• kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Member Posts: 525

Originally posted by Nikoz78

It's amazing how many new mounts they have added to this MMO!

36 new mounts with GU5! Vanguard is one big ass game.

It would be great if someone could up screen shots of all the new mounts.

The 36 new mounts are:

Level 30 -

Okami

Cockatrice

Fox

I admit, Im curious to see what these are... but whats with all the silly mounts? Its turning into a cartoonish game without the warcrack cartoonishness.

Widow mount... lol I  imagined a character riding around on the shoulders of an old woman dressed in black. xD

You are probably correct

Yep.   If you like it you should play it.   Vanguard is a good game, just under the wrong management.  

Heh, aren't they all? All of my favorite games have been redically changed to the point they were to different from what I started with and none for the better. DAoC, AC, L2, SWG and yes even WoW mutated from the game it was at launch. All of those games were once full of thriving servers and are now, with the exception of WoW, dead empty games which had some sort of catalyst event. DAoC's came with ToA. L2 with the PvP drop rules/penalties softening up, AC - actually the lack of anything over the years, SWG - the castration of the entire game,WoW - started with the additions of the BG's and the old PvP rank grind and the raid focus.

Its unfortunate that overall devs everywhere haven't learned that players like additions and enhancements to the game and not core mechanics changes.

Sorry about that AoC remark earlier

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by kitsunegirl

I admit, Im curious to see what these are... but whats with all the silly mounts? Its turning into a cartoonish game without the warcrack cartoonishness.

Widow mount... lol I  imagined a character riding around on the shoulders of an old woman dressed in black. xD

ROFL, thats a good one!

Originally posted by kitsunegirl

Thats an odd statement considering that Brad McQuaid was an open critic of (what he considered) World of Warcraft's simplistic design.

And further, these mounts have existed in the game long before open beta.

The idea behind these mounts (and many more that they have not released yet) is that if you see a creature in the world that looks like you could ride it - you probably can.