Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP

Ezen_SurrealEzen_Surreal Member Posts: 168

There better be risk verses reward in the pvp areas. Like you can only get items and mine (Or what ever)  the best stuff in the pvp areas.  If not whats the use in playing this game? I want excitement.  Also you better be able to attack other factions other guilds anywhere in game..NOT just the 30 percent of the game made for pvp.

There better be a futuristic mage class. Where you use  spells and guns, or just spells to be grandmaster (Or what ever ) mage.  Need Diversity...not just guns

Can any one say... pvp sandbox. Probly not as game developers do not see the massive population looking for this style of gameplay. Probly going to be just another quest driven pve game with a small amount of set up pvp so all the  "I dont want to interact with pvpers or get a adrenaline rush" lamers dont have to interact with more than calm AI pve. Real Excitement = Players randomness not determined AI. Pve should  played as a back drop when your bored. NOT the main object of the game. SO BORING. The main object should be pvp then pve.

My 1 cent.

If these demands are not followed through by the developers I will not be playing this... just another carebare wanabe mmorpg pvp game.

Sometimes its good to think deep. Some times it good just to play games.

Comments

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

When it comes to PvP areas, you will not see your enemy's name, or faction, from a distance, so you will not know if that person in your sights is friend or foe.  It is currently planned to have consumables (ammo, stims, med kits, etc) to be lootable in PvP.  Conflict towns will have benefits for those that control them.  You will not be able to attack enemy guild members or factions in non-PvP zones.  This may seem like a negative, but with a majority of the content being faction-specific, PvE-ers see this as a plus.  Guild battles are more rumbles with set times, places, timespans, objectives, point limits, etc.; don't expect a Capulet vs Montague feud here, although that can easily be RP'd.

There won't be any typical mages in this game.  This game is based more around science fiction than fantasy, so don't expect to see people throwing fireballs and conjuring demons.  Mutations are close to magic, however, but they are toned down so they aren't flamboyant.  This game, while level based, is skill based, not class based, and AP points are not directly dictated by level. (this is something you didn't mention, but it ties in because:) you are not "pigeon holed" into one roll in this game, you will be able to max out different skills.  So you can be mutation heavy and carry around a 30-06, should you chose.

The best items in the game are going to be made by crafters, and people that max out the stats that benefit the crafting trades are going to make the best items in the game.  This game will be a sandbox, and no, it will not be tailor made for just PvP or just PvE, with the other thrown in.

Honestly, how much research have you done on this game?

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• Ezen_SurrealEzen_Surreal Member Posts: 168

"Honestly, how much research have you done on this game?"

None:  Much faster to have some one such as your self answer my questions.

My demands were worth a shot. haha

I'll be giving it a try. Its a 'limited pvp' pve sandbox.

Not what I was hoping for but at least  its a sandbox.

Sometimes its good to think deep. Some times it good just to play games.

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Hehe, I was afraid you might take that as a flame

Anyhoo, yeah, the PvP is going to be limited to zones, but in those zones, it will be FFA (minus teammates, I believe)

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714
    Originally posted by nAAtimus

Hehe, I was afraid you might take that as a flame
    Anyhoo, yeah, the PvP is going to be limited to zones, but in those zones, it will be FFA (minus teammates, I believe)

there is friendly fire

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

They could always add a pvp server....

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• newyork_punknewyork_punk Member Posts: 33

Damn straight.