Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Refugee

This post has been edited for logic: general warning - reading crappy posts hurts people around you.

I have been a staunch supporter of AoC. Sometimes my fanaticism got the better of me, I have even received a warning from a forum mod to that extent.

Well, I'm not here to pet anyones ego, and tell them AoC sucks. AoC is a block buster movie. It has a plot, direction, and at times you feel like an observer. I just realized what I need is a book. It's somewhat the same, but in a book, you become part of the story. A book depends on your imagination and participation to create the battles, trials and the tribulations.

"So you're looking for a sand box mmo..why the hell didn't you say that from the start!"

We'll yes...but I'm not the kind of person who likes being clear and concise. Or getting to the point directly. You see, I really am cut out for a sand box game!

I failed to get sucked into Conan's world. Believe me I tried, however after a week I realized I was simply fooling myself. We come from different worlds, he's a barbarian, a loner, a renegade. I'm a straight male with weak wrists.

It's been years, since I've played a game that knocked me off my feet. Where I rush home and climb the stairs two at a time to get back to the fantasy world, with treasures and tombs to explore.

Since my teens, I've tamed the nerd in me. I started dating, picked up sports, finished my education. Now that I'm older, I was hoping AoC could be that game where I could live out the nerd that has been laying dormant in me. 

However my tastes have changed. AoC is not for me, so here I am, about to go on a date with Vanguard. My only thoughts are, should I bring flowers or chocolates?

I'm afraid you can't have the 5 minutes of your life that I wasted. It's mine now along with the part of you that died reading this post. Trolls should be given bells like lepers in the dark ages, that way we all know they're coming.

Comments

• RiddocRiddoc Member UncommonPosts: 64

I have been wanting to ask this question myself.

So are there any nerds out there who would like to share their experience and views of both games?

• KhillaKhilla Member Posts: 179

Please do not compare AoC and VG as they are 2 completely different games. I personally dont care to read anything about AoC here, because I have no interest in it and when I do, I will go to their forums and website and affiliates. Check the AoC forums for info on it. Otherwise this forum is good for VG info.

Read some of the other posts in the Vanguard thread here. There has been quite a bit of info in the recent posts that may answer some of your questions regarding classes, servers, quests and stuff to do.

Check vanguard forums, VGCrafters, Silky Venom, Ten Ton Hammer and Curse.com to name a few on more info.

Good luck and I'll watch this post for any specific questions about Vanguard as I am more than happy to help.

• DrukstylzDrukstylz Member Posts: 189

Don't hijack my post, and don't tell me what to do khailla.

• JamLDJamLD Member Posts: 59

I've played VG since it released and have played AoC since it released last week and both games are complete opposites of each other.

VG is much more of an open ended sandbox game but I'm not sure if it can be called a true sandbox or not. The world is wide open, there are no instances and you can go anywhere pretty much. The level curve is fast but nowhere near as fast as AoC. There are tons of dungeons and they are a lot of fun to crawl through with a group. The community is very good for the most part although you'll find idiotic morons in any game these days but they seem to be rare.

There are still plenty of things the devs need to work on however. There is still no free trial for those that want to try it out before they buy it and that is one of the main things keeping people from trying the game. If you do decide to try it, roll on Seradon or Xeth as they are the two most populated servers.

BTW, the trolls should be given bells part was great. I love that!

• WolfmythWolfmyth Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Drukstylz

Hope that was sarcasm or some funny thats hard to pick up.

Originally posted by Wolfmyth

Originally posted by Drukstylz

Hope that was sarcasm or some funny thats hard to pick up.

Just another lost sole trying to yack up AoC all over the rest of us, Wolf. 

• DrukstylzDrukstylz Member Posts: 189

Well khilla, while you try to sound mature and open minded, It does come of  like a kid playing doctor.  The only things mentioned about Conan were simply to put my current tastes into perspective. To explain what I  I learned about myself and the games I like now. If you felt I was blabbering on and on about conan, on YOUR vanguard forums then I'm sorry, It wasn't my intention. I wasn't aware you were neighborhood watch, go citizens arrest someone else.

I apologize Drukstylz, you may be right. I didn't mean to blast your post. But over the last few days, there has been a few posts in this VG forum thread about how AoC is so superior to VG. To my frustration of coming to the VG thread to read, learn and enjoy topics referring to VG, I find stuff on AoC, which I have no interest in and if I did, I would simply go to the AoC thread, AoC's website and/or its many affiliates. I have heard many good things about AoC and hope that anyone playing it, enjoys it completely. I wish AoC all the success in the world. I just want to read about VG in this thread, becasue I thought that is what it was supposed to be dedicated to, is all. Again, sorry for the blast.

Best of luck to you. Peace!!

PS... I failed to answer your question. Chocolates, there is plenty of flowers in the game and not enough chocolate.

• bhumabhuma Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 78

Ive played both. Currently playing AoC. Both are ok. Nothing spectacular in either case. I personally liked the graphics and enormous world of VG better than AoC, but in the final analysis graphics are not that important to me. But being able to hunt named for loot is. Not sure yet how AoC will stack up in that regard. I left VG when they made all named drops BOP. Other than that it is a pretty decent game, and I would have stayed. The performance of VG is quite good now compared to release, and many of the bugs have been fixed. It also has an excellent stable of classes and races to choose from. But in the end, I genuinely dislike SoE mgmt, and refuse to play their games anymore.