Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customizing Ships

Hi all. I just discovered these forums. I have one idea (well, my brother actually had the idea, but he doesn't know about these forums, hehe). I think it would be cool if when you bought a ship you were able to customize it's colours or choose between slightly different models of the same ship. I think it would make it more interesting rather than seeing the same ships throughout the galaxy. Just as you can choose between different faces you would be able to choose between different ships. I also think it would be nice if your weaponry appeared on your ship. That way you would be able to tell what kind of weapon a ship has just by looking at it.

~Faramir, Ranger of the Great White North

~Faramir, Ranger of the Great White North

Comments

• DewfireDewfire Member Posts: 89

I think being able to design or pick a "Flag" for your corporation would be cool enough.  And let that be textured on your ship or as an Icon beside it.image

As for the weapon, you can usaly tell that pretty fast if they are after you ;) image

Dewfire Gnome Paladin EQ2
    Retired: AO, DAOC, EQ, SWG

• einstin2einstin2 Member Posts: 5
    perhaps as well as change what it looks like you could tweak the settings a bit (within a certain range for each ship). for instance you could take a dream sower. decal it color it etc. then tweak certain settings. like lets say he gives up a max of 50 cargo (not sure why but im useing this as an example :) ) and trade it for lets say a better warp fuel efficency. or perhaps drop his turning capability for more speed. this might sound confuseing of that it might give the experts an advantage but even a little practice could produce outstanding results. and to get past the confusing parts, i think all you would need to do is double the varibles so instead of having one varible for the stats have two one for max and one for minimum. also i think that it would be nice to get a cheaper ride if you set all the stats to minimum (big help on cash). but now that i think about it this could have inheirent problems so i guess it your decision.

Einstin2

Einstin2