Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is Black Prophecy?

BekkrBekkr Member UncommonPosts: 32

Being fairly new here, I'm not sure what the requirements are for a game to be added to "The List", but it seems looking at some of the others on that page that Black Prophecy would qualify.  No release date, or potentially too far away, maybe?

Just wondering, anyway... looks like it could be a good one.

Cheers,

-B.

|The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it. -Salvador Dali|

Comments

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Hmm Has a story ,few screens. 10tacle (tentacle) Studios. The screens are superb. Anyone know anything about this Title?

It says 300 people in one battle, holy crap man.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Wow, those are some nice screens...

Anyway, about getting added to the list, it must reach these requirements.

think there is a game that needs to be added to your list. How do I submit this?

First, please make sure that the game is not already on our list.  If you know the name of the game, make sure you sort our list by "Title" (click on the Title column name) and look for it alphabetically. 

Second, make sure that it completes our definition of a MMORPG:

• 500 or more simultaneous players in one world.
      • The game must include some form of graphical common area. This distinction means Diablo II is not considered an MMORPG, while Guild Wars is.
    • It must be graphical...so no text based MUDs.
    • Persistent characters.
    • Some form of character advancement.
    • It must use a true client/server connection.  In other words, no HTML or "web" based games.  Games that run in a browser using Java are OK.
    • Five or more screenshots from inside of the game engine itself.
    • A professional web site free of annoying pop-up ads or Spyware programs and access to some kind of support system.
    • Must fully support English.  This means the client interface, in-game chat, help system and support website must all be in English.

NOTE: At this time we are no longer adding 2D/Isometric games to our list - we will add these again at a later date once we adapt our list to allow feature filtering.

If the game fails to meet any of these criteria, we do not include it on MMORPG.com. Occasionally, we will cover high profile games that have not yet met the screenshot criteria, but they will still not be included in the “Game List”.

Ultimately, MMORPG.com reserves the right of final judgment on whether or not a game should or should not be added to our game list.

______________________________________________________-

So far it seems to qualify.. If a moderator doesn't see this, then try sending an email to [email protected] and they will try to add it to the list

• RAWRGRAWRG Member Posts: 105

WOW, looks gorgeous! Though the features sound exactly like EVE. They do seem to be far from a finished product, but we shall see. As for adding it to the games list, there are only 4 pictures! Ouch, maybe if we let them know they should have 5 we could get another one out of em, ey?

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213

Originally posted by RAWRG

WOW, looks gorgeous! Though the features sound exactly like EVE. They do seem to be far from a finished product, but we shall see. As for adding it to the games list, there are only 4 pictures! Ouch, maybe if we let them know they should have 5 we could get another one out of em, ey?

Yeah , seriously. On the website they didnt realease much information. I wonder what they would throw out there to someone who runs a website focused on MMO's. LOL Maybe someone could squeeze a little bit of info out them LOL.

• trausertrauser Member Posts: 1

Hi, just read an article about Black Prophecy in the german pcgames (print), dont know if it is available online. The article was very enthusiastic. This brought me here and I wondered that it doesnt appear in the game list. Anyway, as for the fith screenshoot needed, I think I found it. ;)

http://www.prophecy-network.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=110

This seems to be the first Black Prophecy fansite and they have an "exclusive" screenshoot, even with a station! I still cant believe that this is supposed to be ingame ...

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

looks nice!

i hope they add this one to the list :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Looks like raytracing stuff to me.

Like from povray.

I strongly doubt current hardware is able to produce such quality in realtime anytime soon.

• RAWRGRAWRG Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Adamantine

Looks like raytracing stuff to me.
    Like from povray.
    I strongly doubt current hardware is able to produce such quality in realtime anytime soon.

Well, I don't doubt that current hardware could do it, it's just I think they'll have a hard time getting most people to run these graphics on high. What I do doubt though is that this is "in game" footage. If it was this polished, I'd bet we'd have heard more about the game, much more. We shall see though, with this sort of thing, all there is to do is wait, and squeeze, if you can ;)

• BekkrBekkr Member UncommonPosts: 32

Well, according the at least one of the devs, the screens are captured "in-engine", so who knows.  I'm reserving judgement for a while though, as I tend to agree that things look a little too good to be true at the moment.

|The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it. -Salvador Dali|