Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't find the right MMO for me. Help!

dreamcaster0dreamcaster0 Member Posts: 14

Ones I've subscribed to or played the trials of -

Anarchy Online (trial) - simply didn't like it but I love the future fantasy style.

City of Heores (trial) - played about fifteen minutes of it and stopped just because I was bored.

EVE Online (trial) - Played the character creation and stopped.

Final Fantasy XI (trial) - spent most of my time attempting to get the controls to work on my PC. Eventually got i tworking with my PS3 Sixaxis controller. After that I found the starting the game to be incredibly difficult with no direction, real time battle by sifting through menus to be annoying (and having to make macros to do everything stupid).

Guild Wars (purchased, all expansions) - I go back to the game every once and a while when I'm bored. It holds my interest for a while then loses it. Thankfully its free!

LOTRO (trial, beta) - Too much like a WoW wannabe for me.

Phantasy Star Universe (trial, subscribed at one point on 360 but not currently active) - played it for a while, found it boring when first released. Recently played the trial on the 360 again and while it was somewhat fun I can't see myself paying a subscription for a game with such little and mindless content and gameplay.

Star Wars Galaxies (subscribed launch until Jump to Lightspeed, trial of recent game) - absolute crap now. They ruined my favorite MMO every created with the combat upgrade and other things they turned the game into. It makes me sad.

Tabula Rasa (beta) - was interestisng for a while, but eventually got bored of the shooter/force power combos that I was using to kill my enemies.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (beta) - The beta was riddled with issues, I hear the population is low and you still need an insane computer to run it. It was fun for a bit but if I was to play this I wouldn't understand why I wouldn't do EQ2.

World of Warcraft (subscribed at one point, not currently) - played for a while, got one character to 65 but I'm just generally bored with it. I played it for about two years before the expansion (the 65 isn't my only character) and quit, came back recently and found it still boring for the most part.

I wish I could find someone to play, but I just can't seem to. Does anyone have an idea?

Comments

• buden-ninjabuden-ninja Member UncommonPosts: 53

I have the same problem as you: Tried heaps of games but nothing made an impression. EQ2 came the closest. That is the only MMO I could get into I think. I reinstalled Baldur's gate and that is enough. Try that game. It's not an MMO but it is a great RPG.

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178

why did you just get to character screen on EVE? kinda weird. I am playing that has a ton of content. You havn't relly said what you like pvp or not so on. I am waiting for warhammer to come out because I think the pvp will be great. I don't play any $ony games so can't really give you any tips on them You can allways play A free to play game till one comes out you might like and keep signing up for betas good way to test em out. If you like pure slash and kill dungeon runners is fun for short spurts and its free.

• HenryGodHenryGod Member Posts: 1

the same thing happened to me.. i also have been tired of the MMOs now...is there any fresh and different game anyone could introduce...? thanks in advance/..

• DavirokDavirok Member UncommonPosts: 75

play requiem, ive had the same problem as you recently, either requiem or cabal online, youll like them.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Try out Dofus. It's a MMO with turn based combat, and if you can tolerate the crappy graphics and the fact that most of the game is huge grind it's something very diffirent from other MMOs out there.

There's a huge free trial area, and the game download is only something like 100mb. So you won't have to spend too much time trying it out.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

http://www.i-am-bored.com/

http://very-bored.com/

http://www.urban75.org/useless/bored.html

I don't feel this genre is the right one for OP, as anyone who is able to say they are bored must be very boring persons themselfs, as thats the only conclusion one can get when we see people saying they are bored, i suggest using some of the links i provided

• Dragonking60Dragonking60 Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by Vrika

Try out Dofus. It's a MMO with turn based combat, and if you can tolerate the crappy graphics and the fact that most of the game is huge grind it's something very diffirent from other MMOs out there.

There's a huge free trial area, and the game download is only something like 100mb. So you won't have to spend too much time trying it out.

Dofus is just pathetic, its a good idea but a Tactics MMORPG could be a hella of a lot better. I can't find anything either. If anyone knows of other Tactics MMORPGs please tell.

• dreamcaster0dreamcaster0 Member Posts: 14

I am not a boring person. I have a life and go out places, I have a girlfriend. I'm just trying to find a game to play. I played SWG for two years, Guild Wars for about a year, and then WoW for about two to three years. I'm sorry if I'm just bored of those games and am looking for a new one, a new one that isn't a WoW copy and one that doesn't suck or is laden with control issues.

• dreamcaster0dreamcaster0 Member Posts: 14

And thank you everyone for your help so far.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Originally posted by dreamcaster0

I am not a boring person. I have a life and go out places, I have a girlfriend. I'm just trying to find a game to play. I played SWG for two years, Guild Wars for about a year, and then WoW for about two to three years. I'm sorry if I'm just bored of those games and am looking for a new one, a new one that isn't a WoW copy and one that doesn't suck or is laden with control issues.
    I apoligize for saying you must be a boring person, tho having a gf and go out doesn't have to mean you are less of a boring person, but i still apoligize due to me not looking in what section you made this post so my comment was actualy out of place in this section towards you.

I do understand what you mean, i think many are in the same boat especialy when you had games that you sticked with for a long period of time, it always hard to find that next game that caught your attention like the other games have done for you in the past.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I dont think i will ever find a home until something similar to Pre-CU swg comes along.

• abtreavisabtreavis Member Posts: 40

"EVE Online (trial) - Played the character creation and stopped."

I know I cannot tell you what to do, but maybe you should actually PLAY the game before making judgement!

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

the major reason ppl said i can't find the right mmorpg. Well i think the big reason is there is too many mmorpg out there and so many to choose. So you can;t make the right decision because there is ALWAY another game might better than the one you play..

Remember back in the day in 2000? 2001? 2002? 2003? when there is no F2P (Free to play) you probably might enjoy most of those game.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

Vanguard has improved alot since launch.  Most of the bugs have been squashed.  Performance and hitching has greatly improved.  Trial should be out in a few months.  It's worth a try

• eq2jseq2js Member Posts: 94

The new SWG isnt that bad...i never played the old one but i played the trial of CU and it was pretty fun...better than EVE that game is so boring i dont no how ne1 could stand to play it..im looking for a good PvP MMO that i wouldnt need a credit card for right now...i hope i find one

• traquenatraquena Member Posts: 298

uhmmm... try NEOSTEAM the game is freshly young and i'm currently playing it and it is F2P check it out aw in case you want help.. just PM me in-game erenea lolzz.. check it out

www.neosteam.com