Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

comming back

NovalityNovality Member Posts: 36

hey guys im comming back to eq after a 3 year break...anything i should be aware of? i left right after the war event with the ogres i believe it was...also which servers seem to be more active? is the rp server pretty active i would like to make a new home there if it is...thanks!

Comments

• qendiilqendiil Member UncommonPosts: 12

Novality

Hey

I replied to the thread you started about giving it up or not

Check out that thread first...

Saying all that, you asked about the RP server. I hear that it IS a good server. I've thought about looking into it myself. Good luck to you. I hope  you once again find the thrill that EQ used to be

Qendiil - 70th Paladin of Tunare - 7th Hammer

• sundraziw889sundraziw889 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Hey :) Welcome back! I just came back a couple days ago. Having a great time glad to see the servers are still populated!!

• RuakhRuakh Member Posts: 38

Lol, what do you mean the servers are populated??? I came back after being gone for 6 years and was very excited to play EQ again. I bought the Anniversary Edition and played the 30 free days and could not make myself pay for the next month. Good luck getting a group. Servers populated? What a joke!!! They are empty as can be, even most of the so called, "hot zones."

I really like/liked EQ, so I'm not bashing it; I'm just saying that I could not make myself pay for a very old game that is so void of players, even if I really like the game and have many a fond memories from the good old days. Those days are gone. Even when people at the EQ Players Forum suggest for Sony to have a "New Player Server," so that all the returning and new players could have a more highly populated area, the veterans themselves post and flame you for complaining about their beloved EQ. They tell you to go solo up to 60 or so and you will be able to get groups then, or maybe a guild, pretty much ignoring that you shouldn't have to go 60 levels barely having any social contact with anyone at all.

Oh ya, one more bad point, one that totally made my decision an easy one. Why the hell would I want to pay 14.99 a month for such an old game that is so desolate and outdated. I must have been insane to even have thought about it, but what the heck. It only cost me 19.99 total to try it out for one month. I still enjoyed checking out a few of my old stomping grounds, and I would pretty much try almost any game out for one month, if I had an interest kindled, lol. So, no big loss, really.

That being said: Everquest used to be my EVERCRACK, but sadly, it will never be that again, at least not for me.

• kestorkestor Member Posts: 37

Hello,

3 years OFF?  you are  a newbie again

"...anything i should be aware of?..." , try here : http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=34207

Good luck