Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Betas

DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90

I know that theres a closed beta going on, in Korea. but im wondering when theres gonna be a open (or atleast closed) beta in EU or US? ive been checking on aionsource.com but no news yet, does anyone know anything i dont?

Comments

• EllandraEllandra Member Posts: 90

Think they said there won't be one. Something to do with time constraints and that the client isn't fully translated yet.

• DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90

damn that sux, but i see how it would be hard seeing as how theyve gotten everyone excitesd about it coming out in 2008. i hope they can get a EU or US beta open, cause id like to try that before going straight into buying

• h4teh4te Member Posts: 23

ellandra where are you getting your info from? They have always stated that there will be closed and open beta in US/EU, it was just a matter of time. In the newest translated german review on aionsource, it is stated that there will be NA/EU beta within this year. So stay tuned.

• DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by h4te

ellandra where are you getting your info from? They have always stated that there will be closed and open beta in US/EU, it was just a matter of time. In the newest translated german review on aionsource, it is stated that there will be NA/EU beta within this year. So stay tuned.

well thats great, does it says when the betas will be up? im really anxious to try it

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Last they said was that the game mechanics are as near as perfect however they wouldnt be pushing a euro/NA beta until they where fully content with its translation I believe they said it was 60%ish there.

• EllandraEllandra Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by h4te

Yeah first of all I got the first part wrong, they haven't said there will be no beta but they haven't confirmed for sure that there will be one. Just said they'd like to.

(quoted from another thread)

"The fact that beta now only happens to cover the South Korean regions does in no way mean that we have any less desire to let other territories partake in testing the game. More rather, we would want nothing more. But reality remains - there are obstacles there that prevent us from doing so at this instant. I'm of course talking about localization, both client-wise and communication-wise. The client is not yet fully translated, and while it's progressing with a good pace - we don't want to expose the game to players in a language they probably don't understand. It just takes away too much from the MMO experience. To come to terms with this, the initial testing phases are in the development language, allowing the developers to put more time and effort in to actually making the game ... dare I say 'awesome'?"

• h4teh4te Member Posts: 23

check out the newest translation on aion source

"Translations are running parallel to cbt testing in korea;

First english, then other languages. They aim to keep as close to the original as possible;

they dont want to do a miserable translation, they aim for quality

EU/US Beta expected this year"

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-discussion/6205-translation-german-interview-23-05-08-a.html

it looks like NCsoft has really gotten their acts together since L2, and they are trying their best to make this game succceed