Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DX10 help......on...XP....

xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Hey all hmm im having a little problem , altho my fault , i installed the DX10 patch to windows XP (  From Alky Project  ) so now my DXdiag says "DirectX 10.0 (4.10.0000.6000)" everytime i run SWG it says you are running DirectX 10.0 SWG requires DirectX 9.0c to run to upgrade visit this link O.o , the link isnt there anymore on the SWG website , so not sure what todo.

I guess ill be needing to reinstall xp again :(

Paul.

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

The people that were creating the patch to allow XP to run DX10 have disbanded due to them not being able to get DX10 running on XP properly - problems like what you're having is probably one of the reasons for that :) 

I'm just guessing here, but I'm guessing the XP patch overwrites the DX9 libraries completely to fool XP into thinking it has DX10.  The downside is that games that require DX9 stuff no longer have that stuff available anymore and XP can't "downgrade" DX10 since as far as it's concerned, it has DX9 installed.  If you want DX10 reliably, upgrade to Vista.  SWG runs fine with Vista.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

The best you do is format and reinstall windows XP.

Even if the directX 10 work properly, SWG is not a DX10 game so you will see no diference.

But we learn making mistakes I think.

Good Luck

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Thanks for the replys guys :) , i downloaded coz i wanted to try to see if it would work with BIOSHOCK , but guess what it didnt hehe , but as u say we always makes mistakes.