Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new Qotw--May 21, 2008

senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Well Burntvet is probably too busy playing AoC to post the qotw....here it is for you all!

Thanks to Taelanna for making a spreadsheet with all the questions I’ve answered previously in QotW. It's a mammoth document, but truly well organized. I’m hoping to double check the answers sometime in the next few weeks to see if anything has changed.

This week, we’re still chugging away on Kingman Prison and have largely wrapped up the item revamp. We’re also working on Boneclaw, Sunshine Corners, South Burb, and Terence. We’ve also got folks working on vehicles, A.I. tweaks, raids, all kinds of stuff.

1. Will name tags be visible at all times for all players?

Currently they appear when you get within about a ten meter range of a character or when you target a character. This isn’t set in stone, and it’s something we’re hoping to get more feedback on during outside testing.

2. Will there be cookies?

Yes. And cake.

3. When chatting, will there be text balloons ?

Yes.

4. Have you thought about providing a bot for clans/organizations/whatever - chat (like in Anarchy Online, as example, even if the bots there are provided by players)?

Currently, we don't have plans for something like that. We may look at adding something similar eventually, but it would be way down the road.

5. Will we be able to choose our own color for the clothing we make as crafters?

On some items, yes. Generally, clothes can be made in a number of colors, but most armor cannot. For example, most shirts, pants, and shoes have multiple color options while Marauder Plate or Safari Shin Guards only come in one model.

6. Aside from glasses and eye patches, what else can we put over the eyes - a cloth that goes over one eye or both?

All sorts of stuff: 3-D glasses, visors, gas masks, safety goggles, monocles. Currently, bandanas or other cloths cannot be worn over the eyes.

7. Will it be possible to go back and do low level quests? As in once we near cap, we could go back and do some quests just for RP/fluff and to see more pieces of the storyline. I can see some issues coming up, depending on how faction rep is handled, APs etc, but I would like the chance to do that even if the rewards were reduced/eliminated.

You can go back and do some quests. We don’t want high level players taking up too many resources in the starter towns, but missions will be available. However, you will still be limited by faction and earlier mission choices. For example, if you've previously completed a mission that requires you to choose between helping two rival families in a town, you can't go back with the same character later and take the opposing missions. Similarly, if you've been increasing your Enforcer rank and you start taking low-level CHOTA missions, you're still going to affect your faction with both groups.

8. After the rumors a few months back of GenCon going bankrupt, and the more recent announcement that they will indeed hold their convention this year, are there any plans for the FE team to make the pilgrimage to Indianapolis? Or is that also too close to the GINORMOUS Deadline of Doom? It wasn't stated as one of the conventions to be attended in this last QotW, and word through the grapevine is that it's a no-go.

It is sadly too close to the GINORMOUS DEADLINE OF DOOOOOMMMMMMMMM! GenCon is my favorite convention to go to (nicest people, not too loud, good questions, etc) so I’m really bummed to be missing it. This will be the first time in a number of years I haven’t gone either on my own or with the company.

9. Will the UI be customizable by the users?

All the UI elements are movable, and the transparency can be changed as desired.

10. I want my character to have a 2 day shadow and a moustache... Is this possible with the current setup?

As a male character, yes. I prefer the soul patch to the mustache myself.