Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

they(he) will tell us what to drive, how much heat to use in our homes...

wtf? how is this guy(or party) still alive? when did americans become so naive and gullible as to accept this dangerous non-american rhetoric? how do you feel about a sitting president telling you, you cannot drive SUVs regardless of your income? or how high you can have your heat on in the winter?

i prefer the patriot act.

chips, dips chains & whips.

Comments

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Let's not forget we cannot eat as much as we want anymore, and why? because of the world, our supposed friends. They might not say OK , lets face it America consumes a majority of the world's resources.{Oh Noes How selfish} Of course on the flip side we produce the most wealth, that is used to provide aid to avowed starving enemies http://rawstory.com/news/afp/US_North_Korea_reach_deal_to_resume_05162008.html 

Propping up communist Dictatorships, doing what it does best since WW2 yay go US goverment.

All i can say Mr Obama is fuck the world.  And whether they think it's ok or not. 

If the world has an issue with our consumption of resources and we have to cut back i think it should start with food aid heading out of the country on the taxpayers backs.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Welcome to the land of liberalism where red diaper doper babies reign supreme and Berkley, California residents are allowed to do whatever the hell they want as long as it is in direct violation of US Law supporting anything non-liberal.

yee-haw!

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

I'm afraid that the way things are going right now we're not going to be able to drive our SUVs anymore in the near future

When filling up for gas today I realized gas is 3.999 a gallon

and also I realized that..

2.87 gas kicked ass

.99 gas kicked more ass

and in the near future people will be driving electric cars charged by a solar array in our backyards, people will be driving cars that get well over 100 miles per gallon

and this will drive the demand for gasoline down

they wont be able to say "oh well something happened in syria, i guess it's time to raise the price of gas 16 cents"

the oil business is not just the most profitable business in the history of capitalism,

it's our heroin addiction

and we need to push for alternative solutions

and we need to stop feeding this pig that our president has been fattening up by throwing it table scraps under the table in the form of tax breaks and turning the other cheek when it comes to price gouging

we need for the big three to get their heads out of their asses and stop designing SUVs altogether and start designing cars that get 70-80 miles per gallon

and not on ethanol, making E-85 ethanol from corn was the stupidest idea ever.

they can make it from inedible sugarcane and save like 2 dollars a gallon making it by buying it directly from  me hee co

We need a president with a firm boot planted directly up the asses of these war profiteers

And I think Barack will do it

Trump 2016

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Huh? Bush signed the fuel CAFE standards as President into law less than 6 months ago, not Obama. The average fuel economy that vehicle manufacturers are required to achieve will drive up that cost of the SUV, and drive down the size of cars. Mulahly (Ford) and some guy from Chrysler showed up at the photo op with Bush, Wagoner of GM blew it off as assinine. Mulahly said Ford would achieve it, the Chrysler guy was less then entusiastic, and Wagoner just said the American consumer isn't going to like what's coming down the production line as a result. Get ready for the equivalent of a weed whacker powered bicycle, compliments of your boy Dubya.

The whole CAFE law is bullshit. SUVs and full size pickups are sitting on the lot, unsellable. Dealerships in some areas of the country will not even take an SUV as a trade in because the secondary market is saturated. People are walking away from their SUV lease, leaving the vehicle at the dealership with the keys in the service area night drop box. Plants that make the SUVs are closing, Ford and GM no longer make a mini van, only Chysler does. The new vehicle of choice for the consumer is the crossover (Ford Edge type).

You live in New England, probably use fuel oil to heat your home. The price will be the determining factor in how much heat you use in your home, not Obama. He won't even be inaugerated at the time you receive your first home heating oil bill for next winter......

It makes as much friggin sense as mandating ethenol production levels, another bullshit law Bush signed. All that one did was give Con Aggra a license to print money.

What the hell are you talking about?

• unconformedunconformed Member Posts: 700

oil invented the internet. have some respect!

i say we skip the 70-80 mpg electric cars and get right to anti gravity cars that run on banana peels and beer filtered through a mr. coffee.

what say you there, fuzzy britches?

Originally posted by unconformed

oil invented the internet. have some respect!
    i say we skip the 70-80 mpg electric cars and get right to anti gravity cars that run on banana peels and beer filtered through a mr. coffee.
    what say you there, fuzzy britches?

Never happen, the banana manufacturers don't donate enough money, Con Aggra has them beat all to hell. Tighten your belt, doritos and beer prices are about to go up, making your MMORPG more expensive too play!

By the way, fuzzy britches are gonna be in style next winter......

Originally posted by olddaddy

Huh? Bush signed the fuel CAFE standards as President into law less than 6 months ago, not Obama. The average fuel economy that vehicle manufacturers are required to achieve will drive up that cost of the SUV, and drive down the size of cars. Mulahly (Ford) and some guy from Chrysler showed up at the photo op with Bush, Wagoner of GM blew it off as assinine. Mulahly said Ford would achieve it, the Chrysler guy was less then entusiastic, and Wagoner just said the American consumer isn't going to like what's coming down the production line as a result. Get ready for the equivalent of a weed whacker powered bicycle, compliments of your boy Dubya.
    The whole CAFE law is bullshit. SUVs and full size pickups are sitting on the lot, unsellable. Dealerships in some areas of the country will not even take an SUV as a trade in because the secondary market is saturated. People are walking away from their SUV lease, leaving the vehicle at the dealership with the keys in the service area night drop box. Plants that make the SUVs are closing, Ford and GM no longer make a mini van, only Chysler does. The new vehicle of choice for the consumer is the crossover (Ford Edge type).
    You live in New England, probably use fuel oil to heat your home. The price will be the determining factor in how much heat you use in your home, not Obama. He won't even be inaugerated at the time you receive your first home heating oil bill for next winter......
    It makes as much friggin sense as mandating ethenol production levels, another bullshit law Bush signed. All that one did was give Con Aggra a license to print money.

bush sold out. sold out on the cafe standards you mentioned also on the global warming lie. he's trying to leave a legacy. i pay him no mind unless it has to do with the war and terrorism.

with that said, obama gave a speech recently about how americans have to change(that word again, makes me nervous)... im currently waiting for my wife to get out of the shower for some hot sex. so im passing time. but seeing he is the most liberal politician in the entire world, galaxy, universe-i suspect he will personally have a team of agents to our homes and collect our suv keys.

yeppers

Originally posted by unconformed

bush sold out. sold out on the cafe standards you mentioned also on the global warming lie. he's trying to leave a legacy. i pay him no mind unless it has to do with the war and terrorism.

with that said, obama gave a speech recently about how americans have to change(that word again, makes me nervous)... im currently waiting for my wife to get out of the shower for some hot sex. so im passing time. but seeing he is the most liberal politician in the entire world, galaxy, universe-i suspect he will personally have a team of agents to our homes and collect our suv keys.

yeppers

He'll be too late. If you own an SUV take it right back to the dealership that you bought it from, drop the keys in the night service deposit slot with a note that says "You can have it, I don't want it, she's too fat for me". Then go buy a crossover. You get the room and the fuel economy.

As for the hot sex, I give you three minutes to finish and be back on the forums....

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Bush is Evil. Obama is a fuc*ing Cthulu worshipper

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

back. and i didnt even cuddle!

violence and sex.

im going to play AOC now...

• MargaretavilleMargaretaville Member UncommonPosts: 72
    olddaddy said:

Interesting read after around 13 years.

The price of new vehicles has gone up substantially, US auto manufacturers have gotten away from making cars, mostly making pickup trucks and high end SUVs/crossovers. 

Tesla made alot of money, not by selling cars, but by selling CAFE credits.

Hyundai and Kia are more popular now because of improved quality and lower cost.

Vehicles now utilize computer chips to monitor fuel consumption, either shutting down and restarting the engine for a stop at a traffic light, or shutting down cylinders in the engine when the power is not needed. 

Now we have electric vehicles, and self driving vehicles, still early in their developmental cycle. Electric cars shift the carbon emissions to the electric power plant/grid companies.

Use of Ethenol to fuel vehicles kinda died, most of those pumps were pulled, though Ethenol remains part of the gasoline pump fuel mixture. 

So, looking back, were the CAFE standards the cure all for our vehicle carbon emissions?

What do you think?