Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What makes RS fun for you?

II_Donell_IIII_Donell_II Member Posts: 4

I have been playing RS since November 2005 on and off and basically I'm now finding it difficult to have fun playing RS.

Which is my reason for creating this thread.

Just to point out, my character is lvl 121 with well rounded stats so i can basically do anything.

I used to have fun playing pits and going GWD, but they are now both boring and frustrating to do.

Friends were also a good way of having fun but many have quit and it seems to get harder and harder to find nice people who don't want to add me just to constantly.

Grinding for another 99 skill just makes me think "Why the hell am I doing this? It's boring as hell, I have all the equipment I'll ever need so money isn't a problem and I'll probably have no use another 99 other than glitching the emote with the easter ring ".

Well maybe it's time to go to another MMO.  Or just play on XBL more instead.

I'm not asking anyone to care. But before I decide on that I just wanted to ask this question to as many people as possible

Cheers!

- (RSN Donell 2005)

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I enjoy not being able to lend things to my friends.

Or the bounty hunter where I always get ganked by higher levels.

Mabye the unrewarding skills.

OR mabye I just love how 50% of the community is 8.

I just don't know, it's so damn great!!

/sarcasm. 

POES!

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Though I am not a fangurl of runescape I do give them credit for some of their ideas.

1. classless system- you had one player that could do everything the game has to offer, and switch tatics during combat giving a better level of unpredictability that is lost in the class based mmorpgs. 

2.  the zoning of the maps allows for players to do things in different areas so it appeals to a wider audience.

3. it has many different things to do in the game besides quests, pvp, and killing npcs.. it has skills that the players  do themselves without npc involvement.

4. pre fall wilderness update.. they had a pvp full loot area seperate from the main area with  areas zoned in for pvp same lvl gradually increasing risk as you went deeper... therefore giving new players as well as  vetran players places where they could hold their own in combat and the risks that were taken were left up to the player.

5. pre fall update .. it had free trade amongst players so that you could help friends by giving them items to help them get started in the game and allow for better enjoyment of the  game by the players.

6. it had lots of mingames to keep players entertained.

7. being a level based system it allowed for players to set goals and try to fulfill them keeping players online in game so that the worlds did not feel empty.

8. the game could be played anywhere .. even at work lol.

now that all being said you may wonder why I dislike the game so much ..

1.well  the slow gamespeed waiting for everything to happen in the game is awful.. if you have 15 min to play at a time .. you don;t want to spend it waiting for a ore to respawn or a tree to grow back .. the game needs a serious adrenaline shot

2. customer support was deplorable.. downright rude if you ask them a question at times If you posted suggestions that might appear that they had better options than what they were going to do with their game they would remove the posts to make the general runescape population not aware of other solutions, not because a post was violating any rules .. they would just say" This is a topic Jagex takes very seriously and we regretfully have to remove this post".

3. the updates were terrible limiting trade, pvp gambling .. they killed most of the fun parts of the game with that one.

4. poor graphics .. though they weren't so bad that i would leave the game over that alone.. just they always had priorities mixed up .. give the players characters faces before you update the monsters ..  that is just common sense.

5. targeting a younger audience. Though they have a 13+ age limit it is uninforced and their recent updates target children.. children do not pay monthly  fees and  make for a poor community.

6. no player rewards for levels.. if someone made a game like that with great rewards for levels it would keep players from being disappointed when they reached them, and give them something better to look forward to, in that game though sadly there is only more suffering not rewards.. 

I wish that someone would take the good from that game  and make a better one .. with better rules and designed for fun not suffering .. I would definately pay to play one if they did... well as long as they didn;t go too cartoony on it .. i can't stand to look at those pokemon type games long enough to play it...

Yes Mike I was too lazy to re-type it . POES ftw!

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

The skills, the areas, the monsters, nthe quests, the list goes on! I mostly enjoy the different skills because there's always something to do.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Yes Mike I was too lazy to re-type it . POES ftw!

You're such a lazy POES, deviliscious

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

You know it  o.-.. hell the only reason I had all my quests done on that game was because friends did them with me, I just followed them and they got me what I needed told me what to do. LOL!  I have hardly ever  read an npc  communication screen in my life.. just click really fast.. it doesn't matter what they say because they are not people they are only bots.  =[) It was funny having done all the quests .. hating the quests, and hating the quest cape .. What was I thinking?!! lol

• ipod80gbipod80gb Member Posts: 90

owning ppl????

• dafuzzledafuzzle Member Posts: 160

lawl you can't own people anymore because apparently that sparks RWT...

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

you've basically completed the game. I left at lvl 100. i'd done everything interesting alot and already grinded about 30 mil in my whole rs career. there are much funner games out there, although runescape does do somethings better than any other game.

heres my tip on how to kill time.

1. get rich

2. do desert treasure

3. get 94+ magic lvl

4. buy lots of runes for barrages.

5. go and barrage the fuck out of everyone else in castewars, pits etc. killing noobs in thier dozens is the funnest thing. prolly some of the most fun i've had in any game.

My blog: image