Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the Pops like now after the merge?

kalukalu Member Posts: 70

I wont be on seeing im in Australia so will miss the peak time while at work.

So how is it?

Kalu

loved planetside, playing EVE

Comments

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

hmm i started through the station launcher the trial and i was wondering why i couldnt login :D at least they kept a EU server so i can try the game with a decent ping

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• Blackfire1Blackfire1 Member UncommonPosts: 116

I think its funny. Vets get a free trial for the day AFTER the merge. giving us 1 day to play together. But its almost 7:00 PST and they are three hours later for launch. I hate SOE.

• kalukalu Member Posts: 70

yer that does not surprise me.......

Get back to us after the merge though and fill us in on how it is.

Cheers,

So i guess i will answer my own question.

I logged on last night and mind you this is off peak! Its was great pops are back like they where at launch!

And i noticed some screen shots of peak time and it had 2 conts popped locked!

Mass orbital strikes, just like the good old days!

• swiftflowswiftflow Member Posts: 239

Mass orb strikes is just another reason why this game went straight to garbage. If only SOE didnt get this game and a company that is competent.....only if.......

you must of never made it to CR5 then i guess.

Orb strikes have nothing to do with the game being bad. I have no idea what your on about.

I do agree if only a compitent company other then SOE managed the game it would be that much better but to say orb strikes ruined the game is just silly. if anything BFR's did.

Either way pops are up and im likeing it!

• Originally posted by swiftflow

Mass orb strikes is just another reason why this game went straight to garbage. If only SOE didnt get this game and a company that is competent.....only if.......

Good job with the big font, it does a good job of indicating that you know exactly what you are talking about.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Population is way up, had some great fights over the last week.

At a guess I would say pops feel like they did about a year and a half to 2 years ago, hopefully it will last for a while :)

Also there are more people in the caves than I have ever seen in years.

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by swiftflow

Oh dear this guy really has not played PS either that or he is not very bright ....

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

I think he's right, at this point almost everyone that plays Planetside has an OS and big base fights get OSed like every other minute. It's ridiculous and OSes should never have been in that game IMO, at least not the CR6 OS.

• Erazor01Erazor01 Member Posts: 109

People who moan about OSes are those who didn't have the skill to get CR5.

Anyway back to topic, pops are great on Gemini, and absolutely dire on Werner.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Erazor01

STFU, you sound as stupid as those assclowns from SWG who think that everyone that didn't like jedi didn't like them because they never had one.

I got CR5 and I think OSs are absolutely retarded.  What now?

Originally posted by lkavadas

STFU, you sound as stupid as those assclowns from SWG who think that everyone that didn't like jedi didn't like them because they never had one.

I got CR5 and I think OSs are absolutely retarded.  What now?

Hmmm, it's worse than I thought.  Seems you don't have the skill to run away.  Best stay indoors then.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Hmmm, it's worse than I thought.  Seems you don't have the skill to run away.  Best stay indoors then.

Wow you're retarded.  Did you even play this game ever?  Your sentence explains why OSing was one of the dumbest things added to the game.  Because it forced people inside.  They basically killed decent CY battles which were the most fun aspect of the game for me.  And now it's just rdiculous because literally every player in the game has the OS ability which makes the gameplay retarded.

Why don't you resub and see how idiotic it is, homes.

Originally posted by lkavadas

Wow you're retarded.  Did you even play this game ever?  Your sentence explains why OSing was one of the dumbest things added to the game.  Because it forced people inside.  They basically killed decent CY battles which were the most fun aspect of the game for me.  And now it's just rdiculous because literally every player in the game has the OS ability which makes the gameplay retarded.
    Why don't you resub and see how idiotic it is, homes.

Sorry, Mr Haven't-a-clue, but I've been subbed without a break for over 3 years.  However my sub will end in July unless they merge Werner with Gemini since the Werner pops are so low (to bring it back on topic)

Courtyard battles are just as much a fixture as ever - just ask any active player on Gemini.

A lot of players are indeed CR4 or above, but there's still plenty who aren't and so can't OS, so yes, you're wrong again.

Those are the facts, but I don't suppose you're interested in facts.

Keep posting away.  The more you say, the more you show the rest of us what rubbish you talk.  A good player will very rarely get hit by an OS, even when they're raining down every few minutes.  Guess that wasn't you, or you wouldn't be crying like a baby about them.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I'm currently CR2, and I have no problem with OS'. Day of merge there was a particularly awesome siege of one of our VS bases; and the TR were throwing several OS per minute for a few minutes. It was awesome to know that so many veteran players were out there attacking us. Best fight I've been in. After that first day, the OS activity has returned to normal. But it was exciting while it lasted.

I have no problem whatsoever with OS. It's a long hard road to get there; and should include a reward. I seriously doubt I'll ever make it to CR4 since I very rarely group up. But I wouldn't deny it from other players who put in the T&E.

/edit. There are still frequent awesome CY battles. The only time players are shoved into a base is when the enemy rolls in with armor. OS are never the reason players flee the courtyard.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

The NA server is able to poplock 1 cont, the European server is dead.  There are still grand battles to have on the NA server but the pops are a fraction of past years. If there is any fun left to be had in this game it is now.

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

Have to disagree. It doesn't take skill to get CR5, unless that skill involves ninja-inviting every player you see in the hopes of getting the numbers of players in your squad and platoon up.

• ofir7786ofir7786 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Arclan

There are still frequent awesome CY battles. The only time players are shoved into a base is when the enemy rolls in with armor. OS are never the reason players flee the courtyard.

QFT

If anything, OS's make the battles get into the CY, as the OS's obliterate the armor and BFR's camping the front door.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

OS? You mean those colorfull things I see coming down from the sky, after I've run indoors? Right.

Anyway, pop-speaking, Im European, but I play on the US server, since the pop there is WAY better. Sure, I get DC'ed every once in a while, but its worth it :).

By the way: Started playing last week. I'm totally hooked.......again.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

OS? You mean those colorfull things I see coming down from the sky, after I've run indoors? Right.

LMFAO.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• AuxerAuxer Member Posts: 115

I miss putting down my mines and turrets. I really do.

The tank that is born to tank!

Originally posted by Auxer

I miss my turrets so so so so bad! :)

I miss my turrets so so so so bad! :)

oh dang, im gonna resub tonight to test it out just to see if my old turrets still kill