Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eq for the Mac

arlo_infidelarlo_infidel Member Posts: 24

What is everyone's thoughts on this version on the game?

I love Eq, and I think it's a great game, but would it be better on my Mac due to the fact is has less expansions making it closer to classic?

Or is it dwindling too much and would be a bad invest of $15?

Thanks!

Playing: Diablo 2, Medievia, SWG EMU
In between: Eq Mac
Retired: Guild Wars (2x), EQ, DAoC, PSO, Tibia, Runescape, WoW, SWG, Maple Story
Waiting: WaR (hesitant), New Star Wars MMO

Comments

• UraelUrael Member UncommonPosts: 39

If I had a MAC or could find one that would run EQ well and not break the bank, I would be playing right now. The seemingly endless list of expansions on the PC is the only issue I have with the game at this time. There's only one server for the MAC people right now, correct? It couldn't possibly be empty. I say go for it.

• arlo_infidelarlo_infidel Member Posts: 24

Well, I downloaded it last night, since it's free and I must say...it's very reminiscent of the old EQ, not to mention I was greeted warmly upon arriving on the server by everyone. It is a small community, but I think that's more of what I am looking for at the moment. Someone also took the time to give me some pointers, a fine steel warhammer and 10 platinum to get me on the right track. So my first impression was excellent.

Though I've only played for about an hour and half so far, I am glad my new macbook is being put to good use other than all the music recording I've used it for.

I'd say if you have a Mac, at least check out the trial

Playing: Diablo 2, Medievia, SWG EMU
    In between: Eq Mac
    Retired: Guild Wars (2x), EQ, DAoC, PSO, Tibia, Runescape, WoW, SWG, Maple Story
    Waiting: WaR (hesitant), New Star Wars MMO