Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Vets need a name!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by mike470

Anyway, like the SWG vets name their "Pre-CU and NGE or whatever, what are some reccommendations that we should name RuneScape after the update? 
    Like Pre-WT (wildy &training).  I dunno, any recommendations lol?
    We are the vets of RS, and proud of it!  lol
    PS.  This thread was all in good fun, no need to flame =)
    Edit-  Definition of vet-  people who quit the game and are angry of what Jagex has done.

How about, "People who should have left Runescape a long time ago to play a real MMORPG?"

all in good fun.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

LOl Runescape Vets ? .... I've heard it all now ... more like " Suckers that Wasted their time on a crap game " .... mmm let me see  " STWTTOACG" their hows that you got your name now ! 

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

I wouldn't really call it a waste my friend. We sure had the intention to play that game back when it wasn't that crappy. We sure accomplished our goal, and we sure  know our part in that game. I would call it a legacy instead. It is Something that cannot forgotten even after qutting the game. moments to remember.

Who knows when your kid asks you if you ever played an MMORPG game...you would tell them the story right?....right from the beginning....till the end.

Originally posted by Blissey

I wouldn't really call it a waste my friend. We sure had the intention to play that game back when it wasn't that crappy. We sure accomplished our goal, and we sure  know our part in that game. I would call it a legacy instead. It is Something that cannot forgotten even after qutting the game. moments to remember.
    Who knows when your kid asks you if you ever played an MMORPG game...you would tell them the story right?....right from the beginning....till the end.

Meh ..... its was and still is crap whatever way you look at it.

Not for me..for you but not for me.

Glad to see your so easily pleased ....

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by summitus

No need to be so rude. Almost all of us here don't even play runescape some haven't for years because we hated it after it changed so much.

Runescape wasn't always a bad game. It had depth, just the graphics were terrible. Graphics don't make the game, the game makes the game. Which is why Runescape got over one million players to play it. You might think its terrible, but the numbers say different.

Sure Runescape isn't as grand as most RPG's nowadays. The game is basically centered around the life of an adventurer in a traditional fantasy land so what would you expect? Its basically the original D & D (live action) game brought to life with hardly any sway whatsoever from original content.

So you might think Runescape is terrible, but alot of people are fond of it just like ALOT of people were fond of the live action D & D roleplay game. Haha and you're calling RS terrible? Think of playing THAT everyday with your friends.

yeah yeah ok....

I love people who come into threads just to dog someone then disappear once someone actually stands up to them :)

• WOTDOUPLAYWOTDOUPLAY Member Posts: 139

woo can i join POES? i playd before rs went 3d :D im 16 and was like...10 at the time hehe, i use to love this game =[ pretending to be someones friend then pking them with like 4 mates from school just felt so good :'( mabye it was the satisfaction we got from selling the full rune or what not, or the guy pm'ing me begging for his stuff back =[ was good jaa???

i was also at the party hat dupelicate bug hahahaha, i got a red p.hat that night and sold it for 3.7 mill before they all got deleted.hehehehheeh :D

good memories

AWEG RJN

I just wanted to add that if you had actually PLAYED runescape instead and looking at the screens and saying "OmGz zE GrAPHiCZ SUXZORZ THIS GamE SuX!!!L0L11!Z!!1ZZ1z" You would see that Runescape quests are some of the best of any MMORPG. Even though I think Jagex sucks. The writers they have are very very good and creative.

To other people who say runescape isn't a real MMORPG like Kyleran then I say Define MMORPG. Actually look it up then have someone smack you across the face for being so dumb.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Bonemane

I just wanted to add that if you had actually PLAYED runescape instead and looking at the screens and saying "OmGz zE GrAPHiCZ SUXZORZ THIS GamE SuX!!!L0L11!Z!!1ZZ1z" You would see that Runescape quests are some of the best of any MMORPG. Even though I think Jagex sucks. The writers they have are very very good and creative.

To other people who say runescape isn't a real MMORPG like Kyleran then I say Define MMORPG. Actually look it up then have someone smack you across the face for being so dumb.

Very true. The graphics aren't really what made the game crappy. Although I do wish that the graphics were significantly better, particularly the way the character look. The players in that game look like crap. Anyways, I think it was the growing gap between Jagex and the player community which contributed greatly to the downward spiral. That along with Jagex's stubborness and silly attempt to control RWT and the economy. Jagex is a control freak. Thanks Jagex for ruining your game.

• gaidanzgaidanz Member Posts: 15

what?

lol

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

Nice, just feltl ike reviving a old thread for fun..?

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Bakoryo

Nice, just feltl ike reviving a old thread for fun..?

This thread needs to stay revived, as there are always new POES comming to these forums. * should be stickied* 

Welcome all new POES! Yes you most probably came to this forum because you were pissed off about something Jagex did and are not allowed to express yourself on their forums since they do not allow you to discuss the games negatives openly on their site. Here you have free speech to express your opinions , the good , the bad, or the Ugly. 

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

We sure do need to keep this thread alive! Also Runescape needs to stay alive since the majority haven't been all-day players that raced to maximum stats and are still working on them casually - i.e. the ones of us that can still handle playing with new graphics and extra chat that removed a huge lot of friends since they couldn't get away from major lag. Runescape has always been an older game so should of kept it for all computers to play it and instead of over-writing software for changes like vertually all industries do today (due to original programmers leaving), they need to completely replace areas and what happens to clear up endless glitches and more program failures than ever before.

Somewhere there is a comment about a new boss for Jagex controlling Runescape but he has done so little and still has the game going downhill. Hardly ever do we see any new inexperienced players now and after a long time in F2P or not playing at all I renewed recently so my good friends didn't ignore me as I couldn't follow what they were doing any longer. The game keeps changing to be too much of a challenge for new players and the only ones we do see are simply because they got hacked or had accounts banned so started again - such a small number of the overall game accounts not used any more and vast numbers of those robbed for their gear to raise stats on others accounts. This new boss needs to show his honesty by changing drop & item collect rates back to near original since now you stand for near ten times as long to get the same amount of fish or logs or ores etc or you attack something like the Torag Brother with a Dscimi having 92 Att & Def & 99Str only to find 55 zero hits while doing 15 damage hits from 1 to 23 to manage to kill him.

If the game was fair to players a lot more might decide to play again and then could bring friends back but while Jagex greed exists the game will simply keep loosing players!!!

Originally posted by Jalice888

We sure do need to keep this thread alive! Also Runescape needs to stay alive since the majority haven't been all-day players that raced to maximum stats and are still working on them casually - i.e. the ones of us that can still handle playing with new graphics and extra chat that removed a huge lot of friends since they couldn't get away from major lag. Runescape has always been an older game so should of kept it for all computers to play it and instead of over-writing software for changes like vertually all industries do today (due to original programmers leaving), they need to completely replace areas and what happens to clear up endless glitches and more program failures than ever before.
    Somewhere there is a comment about a new boss for Jagex controlling Runescape but he has done so little and still has the game going downhill. Hardly ever do we see any new inexperienced players now and after a long time in F2P or not playing at all I renewed recently so my good friends didn't ignore me as I couldn't follow what they were doing any longer. The game keeps changing to be too much of a challenge for new players and the only ones we do see are simply because they got hacked or had accounts banned so started again - such a small number of the overall game accounts not used any more and vast numbers of those robbed for their gear to raise stats on others accounts. This new boss needs to show his honesty by changing drop & item collect rates back to near original since now you stand for near ten times as long to get the same amount of fish or logs or ores etc or you attack something like the Torag Brother with a Dscimi having 92 Att & Def & 99Str only to find 55 zero hits while doing 15 damage hits from 1 to 23 to manage to kill him.
    If the game was fair to players a lot more might decide to play again and then could bring friends back but while Jagex greed exists the game will simply keep loosing players!!!

There isn;t a new boss.. no Andrew is still the boss, just a new PR person to try and calm people down, he really has no  Authority to change things, that has been and always will be Andrews call... Andrew just got tired of everyone yelling at him and decided to use Mark as a human shield.  LOL

I agree with alot of what you said, it would be great if they would make it fair,  I dunno maybe time will tell if that will ever happen. I am not holding my breath though ... I want to live!!!

MG's trying to make "dumbing down for kids" sound exciting and promising. Like something of value.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by deviliscious

There isn;t a new boss.. no Andrew is still the boss, just a new PR person to try and calm people down, he really has no  Authority to change things, that has been and always will be Andrews call... Andrew just got tired of everyone yelling at him and decided to use Mark as a human shield.  LOL

I agree with alot of what you said, it would be great if they would make it fair,  I dunno maybe time will tell if that will ever happen. I am not holding my breathe though ... I want to live!!!

Its sad how true that is. Andrew is just a coward with man bewbs.

LOL@ man bewbs hahahaha

Yeah certainly I was mistaken about him. At first I thought he was going to "liberate" runescape like liberating a death camp, but instead he turns out to be a fag. More appropriately, a traitor.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

Yeah certainly I was mistaken about him. At first I thought he was going to "liberate" runescape like liberating a death camp, but instead he turns out to be a fag. More appropriately, a traitor.

I knew what he was since the beginning because I know jagex all too well. There is no new low they wont take if it means more profits, less rwt(not because it will shut down runescape, it wont, but because they hate other people making money off their game), or more control over the game. I bet you they took bounty hunter out “temporally” to see how many of the last pkers would quit. Its not that hard to figure out and you can usually read them and their company like a book.

Too bad they don't understand the fact that RWT can be both beneficial and harmful to their game. They stereotyped RWT, and that led me and others to stereotype them. Jagex=ignorant EGO-based fags. No offense fanboys, no offense. The worse thing is, they treat their very own loyal players like RWTraders...isn't that supposed to be wrong?

Originally posted by Palo_god

I knew what he was since the beginning because I know jagex all too well. There is no new low they wont take if it means more profits, less rwt(not because it will shut down runescape, it wont, but because they hate other people making money off their game), or more control over the game. I bet you they took bounty hunter out “temporally” to see how many of the last pkers would quit. Its not that hard to figure out and you can usually read them and their company like a book.

Yes I totally agree about the bounty hunter thing. This game won't last long. Ill be pissing my pants a million times when it finally announces its end.

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

So this is where Devil spends her time outside of the Off-topic.....!

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.