Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population of FFXI

Moldy2Moldy2 Member Posts: 73

I've had friends tell me that this game is highly populated, but so far, i've seen barely anyone in the city.  Is it just my  level (lvl 5 warrior) or is the server's population small?

Comments

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

they're still lots of peoples playing ffxi, you'll find most of them standing in front of the auction house lol

if you want to see how many player are in the zone you are, type     

/sea

or just use the search menu

and       /sea all        for all area

• EogrisEogris Member UncommonPosts: 102

Only level 5. More people as you get higher up :)

• WarriorNunWarriorNun Member Posts: 13

The rumor is 500k total players on FFXI. Though I am starting to believe that  a good chunk of those are dual boxed accounts. Then you figure its 32 servers big. SO really it does feel very emptied.

Most servers have around 1300-2900 on at one time. Now remember that there is 1 main content and 3 expansion contents where players are all spread out.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Yes it seems nowadays that many people don't spend too much time in the starting cities of bastok, sandy, and windy unless they are using OP warps. Lots of people can be found in aht urghan whitegate and jeuno stays moderately populated on my server. The cities in the past seem to have a bit of people running around doing campaign and what not as well.

Once you get to lvl 20ish and are in jeuno you will see a lot more people. Then when you get access to aht urghan you will see that the majority of the player base sticks around there because it is easiest to get places from there. Between runic portals, teleports, retrace, and taru warps to jeuno or you home nation you can get places very quickly these days. The air ships are not very populated these days either.

• Moldy2Moldy2 Member Posts: 73

thanks alot for the assuring comments :)

Anyone wanna add me on their friends list that is on Carbuncle Server?

The name is thatguy33 for PlayOnline and ampedwarrior in the Carbuncle Server

• pandaconpandacon Member Posts: 14
    Yeah, once you get to Jueno and Whitegate, you'll see a lot more people. The game has just aged to the point that the starting towns aren't nearly as active as they use to be.