Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will not appeal to the wide public

2»

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Yamota
    Guaranteed perma death and the need to find other players to train you to master is the two things that will make most people avoid this game. Enough said.
    some one need too read more on mourning main forum
    u on game start your dinasty soo if u get a dinasty or armorer u get some bonuses couse your dad and grand fater from ages ago make armors and i u dont have cildren u have too start your dinasty again :PP
    hahaha is damn real

BestSigEver :P

• glittermageglittermage Member Posts: 28

Guaranteed perma death and the need to find other players to train you to master is the two things that will make most people avoid this game. Enough said.

To each his own.

I prefer a fresh change and this game (and Eve Online) could be great. Only time will tell.

• glittermageglittermage Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by phunkymunkey
    Games without death are a function of time. Not skill, not tactics, not guts, not networking. TIME. The more you hammer away with your "clickity-click" and "tappity-tap", the higher you go, in endless, meaningless, linear fashion. And of course to get the "mostest" stuff and levels, you need to be there the "longestest" and isn't that a great system for subscriptions? And since I don't have time to play MMOs for 3-4 hrs a day, 6 days a week, then I don't have time for games that make time-invested subscriptions a priority over meaningful gameplay. Got stuff to do until, perhaps, a game like this finally sees the light and gets it right.
    Permadeath and environmental challenges are the next great step in the evolution of MMORPGs. Only through true adversity will one feel accomplished. Only in truly knowing you can die will true adversity present itself.

Comments after my own heart, I second your post!

I have children, outside activities, books to read, wife to spend time with, and a real life job that keeps me too many hours.

• BoogieBoogie Member Posts: 14

Permadeath , schermadeath. Any offspring inherits your skills , items , fame and social status. . .

It says in the FAQ that it will take approx. 10% of your characters "lifespan" to be "viable" in PvP.

Thats 50 hours give or take a few.. When your character dies your offspring then gets to advance in its "parental skills" faster on top of having a higher "go set" ( skills at creation ) , which means :

first: you will skip some "low end" content

Second : you will go through the remaining "low end" quicker . . .

On top off that :

Long Bloodlines will  give chances to become heroes , immortals , and even demigods (with the skills to match ;) ) playing an integral in the Lore teams storyline .. ( Think fellowship of the ring , Avatar trilogy , and other epic fantasy novels where mere mortals rise to fend off gods and demons with a minority complex :D )

Permadeath is another way off saying "Character Development" as your offspsring are capable of far greater things than the "parental units" ever could.

Only the first name will change as its the Last name that will define who your charater is :)

Rather rule in hell , than serve in heaven

Rather rule in hell , than serve in heaven

• dantufydantufy Member Posts: 20

MAN this its not so hard.the first child from bloodline will inharite 10 % from the skills that his parent will be the best at and will advance faster in the same skills.the second child from bloodline if u choose to train the same skills will get 20 % and even faster advance in skills.so this permadeath that all ppl are so afraid its only a stage to a greater conception of ur char. The thing with concepting a child with another player and inharit the skills from the bout players will be evan good.Just imagine on global chat an announce like thatr.Good loooking orc looking for female to .....(procreate)::::35::.man i tell ya.this game will rock

• minearminear Member Posts: 63

The reason the normal gamer doesnt get this bloodline thing is they are so used to the cookie cutter mmorpg. they see it as OMG my toon is gonna die then i have to start over ,or they dont hit lvl 60 inside of
    2 months. There will be no lvls here and you just need to think of your character as the beginning of an empire and it will advance farther each time your previous toon dies off. To many ppl wanna play the same
    mmorpg with better graphics and a different world or area. I myself am tired of yay lvl 20 yay lvl 24 ding lvl 32 "gratz" that stuff is getting really lame. In my opinion the general public does not need to want this game because the general public are general jerks ,and it might be nice to see ppl in a game who dont spam the general chat so who knows. We really cant judge the game till we play it.

If sharing my all knowing wisdom offends you I apologize........kinda!

If sharing my all knowing wisdom offends you I apologize........kinda!

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

To make a great game requires "risk".

• cavondecavonde Member Posts: 5

I think it will be nice to have an MMORPG that actually has RP in it. And if the wide public doesn't sign up immediately, maybe it will take them a while to remember that RPing was why RPGs became so popular in the first place. Somewhere along the way, we lost the vision.

• AstrumAstrum Member Posts: 2

the fact that this game is different and does not follow the standard mmo archetype will actually attract people who are tired of playing the same game with a different name and better grophics. Playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo is boring for those who mastered the orriginal Street Fighter 2.
    Serious MMO players have, on more than one occasion, deleted a max level character in order to have room on their account to reroll a brand new toon. isn't that the same as permadeath?

Astrum Argentum

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Who cares as long as there are sufficient numbers to support the game, and there will be.

I came to realize that what I like about a game, a game with a real respect for the environment which offers a challenge, is not what the general public wants.

Look at the crap that the general public considers good music based on sales figures.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

Whether it appeals to the majority or not, it is offering for me some new things.

On top of that, the developer posted today it is soon going GOLD!

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

• boeskyleboeskyle Member Posts: 114

That is good.  Those looking to grind out skills and levels and everquest for better items and stagnate at high levels may seek the more "widely appealing games."

I like that character to character interaction, that multiplayer role playing aspect in MMORPG to interact with others to learn skills (at Apprentice and Master levels) and also to produce an offspring (bloodline).

Sure, much of it can be soloed.  Don't even need the apprentice or master systems - but gaining skills will be slower.  Don't need to interact with another character to produce offspring (can use NPCs or be divine in origin) - but the child will have lowered skill levels (and progress in skills parents had slower).

It is for the niche players that tire of peaking their character and constantly look around at what to do.