Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game reminded me...

mate0377mate0377 Member UncommonPosts: 55

The greatest RPG game I ever played Fallout 1 and 2.

The story line is put in the post apocalyptic world, the buttons on the official game site looks exactly like fallout interface.

If the developers are inspired by fallout I think that they can create best mmorpg ever.

Comments

• TrowarTrowar Member Posts: 147

Waiting as well, will soo going to play CHOTA.

Since it is taking place on a future Earth there are plenty of space to expand in the future, hopefully we will be able to visit a post-apocalyptic Europe in a few years.

In Fallout we only got see parts of USA.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Yep, I like this game more and more with every piece I read on it.  I really don't know why more people aren't talking about it.

Tecmo Bowl.

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

Originally posted by Thunderous

Yep, I like this game more and more with every piece I read on it.  I really don't know why more people aren't talking about it.

The main reason is the combat is fps. Thats not really a popular (nor successful) format for the MMO market. Name one single MMO hit that has FPS ?

The other reason is the past record for independent /small / unknown development teams isnt great. In fact its downright dysmal. Lets take a look...

• Dark and Light
    • Face of Mankind
    • Roma Victor
    • Auto Assault
    • Horizons
    • Tabula Rasa

These guys all have one thing in common, a lack of money. Heck, even Tabula Rasa couldnt make a decent game and it had a legendary dev running the show.

If Fallen Earth is a huge hit, it will be the exception not the rule. No name recognition, no ad dollars to spread the word, fps system that is niche for this market, and low revenue to develop the game all equal potential disaster.

Dont get me wrong, Im pulling for the game. I think the devs there are wonderful. Im not too keen on FPS personally but these guys have earned my respect and trust so I'll be buying the game.

I could see this game doing an Eve...starting out slow and small and gaining a nice healthy and dedicated population of 150k over the years. As long as they deliver a decent clean game

I have no issue with FPS, I prefer it actually.  RPG combat is dated and dull.  Fallen Earth has all the elements of a game that I want to play.  Can't wait.

Tecmo Bowl.

• Udo_DUdo_D Member Posts: 14

Just walk away.  Leave the gasoline and I grant you safe passage through the wasteland.

--The Humongous

Oh I forgot to include Pirates of Burning Sea to that list of flops. The track record of small development houses isnt good.

I remain hopeful with this game though.

Originally posted by admriker4

Oh I forgot to include Pirates of Burning Sea to that list of flops. The track record of small development houses isnt good.
    I remain hopeful with this game though.

These guys appear to be a doing a good job so far.  The gameplay looks fun.  I have big hopes for this game.

Tecmo Bowl.

I agree. They sure are putting a lot of detail in the game.

I pop in once every 6 months to check on the game. Seems like its been 3+ years now. Im guessing theyre getting close to Beta testing hopefully

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

The main reason is the combat is fps. Thats not really a popular (nor successful) format for the MMO market. Name one single MMO hit that has FPS ?

The other reason is the past record for independent /small / unknown development teams isnt great. In fact its downright dysmal. Lets take a look...

Dark and Light
    Face of Mankind
    Roma Victor
    Auto Assault
    Horizons
    Tabula Rasa

These guys all have one thing in common, a lack of money. Heck, even Tabula Rasa couldnt make a decent game and it had a legendary dev running the show.
    The only thing I'd like to say is..

Tabula Rasa flopped because even tho it had a great foundation.. there just wasn't much game built on it.  I'm not sure how you can list it on the small/unknown development team.  It was an NCSoft branded game ... as compared to say Auto Assault that was made by Netdevil and pubhlished by NCSoft.

The first FPS mmo I ever beta'd (cuz I didn't buy it) was Neocron.. and I think that should be on your list of flops.

A game doesn't even have to be "bad".  There was that skill based game that I always forget the name of.. many people loved it but the company went bankrupt (due to being small with no real financials).

Oh ya it was Saga of Ryzom...

This is what makes me nervous, any game that is breaking the "clone trend" is made by a small company with next to no money..

I liked Fallout myself.. then again Wasteland in the 80's was just a great game.

Read an article last year about how Brian Fargo was able to buy the Wasteland license from EA... (random ramble).

• SarcazmoSarcazmo Member Posts: 105

The graphics on this game look pretty dated.  Looking at the screenshots I'm not very impressed at all.  If anything kills this game, that will be it. 

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Originally posted by Sarcazmo

The graphics on this game look pretty dated.  Looking at the screenshots I'm not very impressed at all.  If anything kills this game, that will be it. 
    LOL.

What a shallow statement.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

The devs are currently revamping the art anyway, so anyone that decides to judge this game based on how it looks does not know how the current/future product will end up looking.

As for FPS combat, the system they are using a different system so it's not quite BF or CS.  Honestly, this game has guns, and is fast paced, so aiming your weapons make sense to me.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Originally posted by Thunderous

• Dark and Light
    • Face of Mankind
    • Roma Victor
    • Auto Assault
    • Horizons
    • Tabula Rasa

If Fallen Earth is a huge hit, it will be the exception not the rule. No name recognition, no ad dollars to spread the word, fps system that is niche for this market, and low revenue to develop the game all equal potential disaster.

Dont get me wrong, Im pulling for the game. I think the devs there are wonderful. Im not too keen on FPS personally but these guys have earned my respect and trust so I'll be buying the game.

I could see this game doing an Eve...starting out slow and small and gaining a nice healthy and dedicated population of 150k over the years. As long as they deliver a decent clean game

tabula rasa wasnt made by a indy company, it was made by NCSoft. And i didnt think it was that bad ... i played CB and thought it was great as far as the action went, but i just got tired of it and figured it would take off because i thought people liked alot of action and no "quest grinding" games.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

I can't say i'm impressed with the graphics either.  That being said, I think this game does have a lot going for it. 

Golden concept (post apocaliptic)

FPS

mutiple clans with divers styles and relations.

the way they want tech to be slowly rediscovered by the players

These things make me excited to play.  I only hope they can pull it all together.  Yes graphics are important.  I won't even try to lie about that.  But  graphics won't make or break the game for me.  They will add or detract from my over all enjoyment though.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

have you seen the recent videos?

www.youtube.com/watch

this is dated '07 before a grfx revamp.

• SarcazmoSarcazmo Member Posts: 105

Er, if I had seen that video 8 or 9 years ago I might be impressed.  Obviously I'm commenting on a game that is still in development based on premature screenshots and footage.  I understand that.  For all I know it could debut with DX 10 and look like Aion or Age of Conan.  I admit I don't know.  I'm just saying.  I just hope it doesn't look like that because no one will play that game.   Not for $15/month + retail. 

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

It won't, and judging a game that's not even in beta yet won't help your opinion of the game.  Gameplay > Graphics, and the devs are (thankfully) focusing on the former.  There's so much more going for this game than graphics.   I say let them get a beta version of the game up, then overhaul the graphics.

Also, this game will have minimal instances and zoning, so this goal and high end graphics are not necessarily viable based on current technology.  When technology allows for large, open spaces without definite zones or minimal instances and uber graphics, then perhaps we will see it in the game.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.