Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siege Time Scenario

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

>Guildmate Nipples has logged in.

Assuming they have this feature not sure.

>Guildmate Nipples says to guild: Hey guys is the siege started yet or am i early.

>Guildmate Leet says to guild: Well we have 2 Leaders, 10 officers and over 100 members. Atm theres 12 for sure going and 6 friends of the officers logging in now, so we can take 30 more.

>Guildmate Nipples says to guild: Ok i m on now can you add me?

>Guildmate Leet says to guild: Lets see we have 55 on now, 18 going for sure, 30 more slots means 7 won t be going. Everyone outside the 18 confirmed /random 100 the 30 highest gets to come.

>Guildmate Nipples says to guild: I was on before xxxx can t i just come.

>Guildmate Leet says to guild: It s the only fair way i know how to do it.

>Guildmate Nipples says to guild: /sigh fine i ll go level an alt.

We ll see how it pans out but i ve seen this one too many times. They should limit guild size to 48 and change iot if they ever change siege cap size. I don t know seems odd.

Comments

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

Lol damn just woke up i could see this for sure.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Well... if you wanna siege a lot then maybe...

...choose to not join a guild of 100 people.

It's your choice on how you handle your guild membership.

A guild of 50-60 regular members would be ample to achieve everything in AoC, and tbh I wouldnt join anything bigger. I have always hated those massive zerg guilds that seem to always grow up in these games.

If you insist on joining a massive zerg guild for whatever reason, then expect you to be judged on your rep and skills as to whether you are invited or not. Seems fair to me.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by vesavius

A guild of 50-60 regular members would be ample to achieve everything in AoC, and tbh I wouldnt join anything bigger. I have always hated those massive zerg guilds that seem to always grow up in these games.
    If you insist on joining a massive zerg guild for whatever reason, then expect you to be judged on your rep and skills as to whether you are invited or not. Seems fair to me.

Yep true but that really isn t the point. They re putting too many limitations in this game and i for one who was on the fence , well actually i fell off it but still wanted to see really answers alot for me.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

One thing that is important to know about this is, that these are not final numbers (48 vs 48 in siege battles) but rather something we are still tweaking and will continue to tweak even after launch to ensure the performance in siege battles is at a level that makes it playable for all players involved.

I dunno about other peoples plans but the guild Im in will be rotating the siege window as often as possible. Apart from defending it at times there are other BattleKeeps in the area to destroy / siege on, as well as scouts to hunt down. You can 'soften' Keep's up before an attack window.

• BobusBobus Member Posts: 13

Guildmate Nipples says to guild: Hey guys is the siege started yet or am i early.

Guildmate Leet says to guild: Well we have 2 Leaders, 10 officers and over 100 members. Atm theres 12 for sure going and 6 other great PvPers logging n now, so we can take 30 more.

Guildmate Nipples says to guild: Ok i m on now can you add me?

Guildmate Leet says to guild: Lets see, in the last seige you totally kicked ass, followed directions, and played a significant role in helping us to acheive victory, we've got room for you.

Guildmade Balls says to guild:  I'm here to can you add me?

Guildmate Leet says to guild:  Lets see, in the last seige, you showed up late, were AFK half the time, and even when you weren't AFK you completely ignored all instructions and you managed to kill less people than anybody else while dieing the most.  You are going to have to sit this one out because your performance was so terrible last time, other guild members deserve their chance.

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

The point is that FC wanted to make a massive PvP experience.

Just see the demos from last year, they wanted hundreds to participate and even opened for mercenaries to give non guilds a chance to experience. Now they have turned it to a very limited PvP raid. It tells volumes about how FC design works. They have developed this game for 5 years now. Last year they though they could pull off "hundreds" in pvp. Now, with only a week before relsease they are down to 48 vs 48. I really hope the devs are hanging their heads in shame...

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Leucent

Yep true but that really isn t the point. They re putting too many limitations in this game and i for one who was on the fence , well actually i fell off it but still wanted to see really answers alot for me.

Yes, but what i posted is the answer to the point you was making.

You have merely created a limitation for yourself here, which is a shame considering what this game is and what it will grow into tbh.

Your loss.

• Sylar3Sylar3 Member Posts: 118

Even if you have hundred of guild members only some of them are going to be any good and then to put numbers more down some of them will be offline because of RL stuff or sleep. So i don't know why everyone is complaining, it sounds reasonable.

Originally posted by Leucent

Yes, but what i posted is the answer to the point you was making.

You have merely created a limitation for yourself here, which is a shame considering what this game is and what it will grow into tbh.

Your loss.

A loss in your mind or mine?? If mine then no not at all.

Originally posted by Sylar3

Even if you have hundred of guild members only some of them are going to be any good and then to put numbers more down some of them will be offline because of RL stuff or sleep. So i don't know why everyone is complaining, it sounds reasonable.

It s not reasonable for a self proclaimed "Epic SIege Warfare never before seen in a MMO" This has been seen alot.