Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Expectations, Major Schedule Changes and making SWG the finest MMORPG ever

ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I am hoping some people from the SWG Official forum are watching over here and hit this thread before its all to late. Since it says I am not a subscriber and can't post over there I ask someone that can to post this for me:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted everyone here to know that your demands for a higher level of service are being heard past the SWG forums, atleast by a few. I am currently on the 14 day trial. I have been keeping up with the current issue of the pushback on the combat re-balance since the thread started. I am also an Everquest player so I am very familar with Sony Online Entertainments m.o. of good marketting before good service and new features means new subscribers.

I wanted to let each of you know that I am truely inspired and awe'd at the community you have with each other. I have truly seen that people can make the difference. I also want you to know you all have my full support. I have decided that myself and my wife will not be purchasing the game and becoming a subscriber until the player base, all of you, are content and feel justified for their treatment of you and lack of concern for their player base.

Please don't be confused. Your loyalty to your fanhood of Star Wars does not require you to defend this game. This country thrives by capitalism and what I see all of you doing is the prime example of it. A company must fulfill the desires of its customers or it will no longer have a viable product. No one will want it and in time will in time they will vanish and close. If you truly love Star Wars now is the time to defend your right to quality and make them correct the poor image they have given to such a wonderful saga, something many of us grew up on.

Sony and Lucas Arts will not get my money in any way for Star Wars Galaxies until I see all of you bringing back your turned off accounts and content with their offerings, you have my word. And if I do make it in I will be very proud to be part of the PLAYER made community that SWG offers.

I wish each of you the best in your struggle against a company like Sony Online Entertainment, I beleive you can and will succeed.

- Brian

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Comments

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    Hmm..i was a little confused of some parts at your post so your saying for the SWG players to complain and you're supporting them to make SOE listen?(BTW, if that's the case then i totally support your postimage)

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

absolutely, they are standing up for a better quality of gameplay and I fully support that. I feel that Sony should listen to them.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

I applaud all of those who vote with their money. If you don't like the way is going, don't just keep playing a game you don't want to. Cancel your acount, and wait for them to fix the game. That is the only way for them to understand that you are angry at their changes. They get yelled at on the boards all the time. That won't do anything.

Unfortunately for me, I'm still having fun on the game. If I wasn't, I would join you all in quitting until the made the game better. I will post this on my server's board, and in the Great Expectations thread. I doubt anyone will notice in the Great Expectations thread however, its just full of people yelling at the Devs and saying how they are gonna quit (I bet not even half who say they are gonna quit will quit).

Games Tried:
    Everquest (not a power gamer)
    Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
    Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
    Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
    Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad from what I saw, nothing very new though)
    Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218

i just want to say, telling the devs for this game anything will not change their minds.

we the community have been asking for proffesions to be fixed since before launch. To this day we still have worthless proffesions... err not worthless but not wroth the skill points you put into them when instead you can put 1/3rd the ammount into another class and be more useful...

just what am i trying to say you're probably wondering... im saying this game wont be fixed until we all quit and say we wont come back until they fix the ground game...

not all of us will be in space flying our spaceships around 24/7, after a month of doing all there is in space we'll be right back to the ground... with the broken game... thinking "why do i even try?"

sorry it may sound dumb or what ever but i have been playing since launch and.... it really hasn't gotten much better over the year

www.scarybadguys.com

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

i read in horror hadens comments to the communtiy

www.ign.com check under news articles and his stating that 50 percent the player base wants to be jedi

and he called folks in the forums names without addressing any of the real conserns these hundreds of posts and letters currently posted on ign and other gaming sites

thunder hearts famous announcment tonight was the same statment reworded

the interesting thing is folks want an "im sorry from haden"

talk of protests on the servers and folks didn't buy what thunderheart was selling this time

the truely sad thing is so many of these folks like myself were beta testers beleived in the game and then some where we saw no chance for fixes or changes till months after jtls and gave up

the sad thing is the game will go on with mass jedi running around and it be a truely different game then before

if still playing remember to master tkm, rifel ,combat medic those proffesions work great and out do most others and it will remain so for a long long time to come

so be it  its done for alot of us at this point .............

and yes im thinking on how they handled public relations including there community elders, leaders, pa leaders, pleas from community, and i will be much more careful in the future with any soe product

it all boils down to one little button

but given the fact i was there from mid beta 2 shuttle  strangly wasn't all that hard canceling ...............

• jimcgilbertjimcgilbert Member Posts: 9

Its hard for me to cancle after being there so long but I just can't take the bordem anymore. The ppl I have met are wonderful. So now on to a new one with content. :)

Thanks

Jim

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218

Originally posted by jimcgilbert

Its hard for me to cancle after being there so long but I just can't take the bordem anymore. The ppl I have met are wonderful. So now on to a new one with content. :)

if all you want is content, stuff you can do, ect, ect. this game is the best out there... the others geting boring pretty quick...

the only bad things this game gots going for it is proffesion balance and no reason to get involved in the GCW... theres also a lot of stupid little bugs here and there, yeah. but a lot of mmorpgs got little bugs here and there.... i dunno...

i have went to play other games (l2, CoH, AO(sweet game i just didn't really get into it... if you want to try a new game try this its pretty good)) and i have always came back to swg

:)

www.scarybadguys.com