Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG that allows you to use game money to pay for time

TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

Hiya all.  I play eve alot and being able to buy Game time with my hard earned isk is great.  I am currently very poor, as I just moved and wife hasn't started work yet, and I'm disabled and my check is covering my car and crap so I can live.  I'm curious if there is any other games that follow this idea?  I am in need of another game to fill my time so that i'm not playing eve 100 hours a week.  If anyone knows of any games that offer this, please let me know.

Comments

• DarkrangerxxDarkrangerxx Member Posts: 31

Omg, Eve you can buy time with in game money? I wonder if the trial...

I don't hear much of buying time in game, unless you sold the money for real money that is.

Eve might be unique :)

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

Could be quite true.  I'm not really sure to be honest, but I figure if someone else does it, someone should know something eventually.  If not, I"m surprised, I would think more folks would want to do that as it gives poorer people a way to play and the game company still gets it's money.

• TrinakTrinak Member Posts: 11

I think I'm confused. How does the game company still get its money if you're paying it with fake money?

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by Trinak

I think I'm confused. How does the game company still get its money if you're paying it with fake money?

no, but CCP cares about keeping the extremely realistic and complicated in-game economy going so we don't have people like our friend here hording all the ISK.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Originally posted by Trinak

Game time cards. Person A buy's a few GTC's online from CCP. Turns around and sells them for Isk on the Eve forums. 

• dcretindcretin Member Posts: 54

Well of course you have "games" and I use the world very loosley like second life and/or project entropia (now entropia universe) where not only can you use in-game money to buy time (which isn't exactly true since access to the games are free) but you can even cash out ingame money for real world money. Of the two entropia is more mmo like while second life is more of a metaverse. That said if you happen to have any artistic talent, good business sense, or just plain dumb luck, there are people who honestly make small careers out of playing them.