Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take to get to the end level?

AnkorAnkor Member Posts: 258

I am an old man.

I have been forced in my old age to be a casual gamer.

Gone are the days of playing 4, 6 or 8 hours a day (lol ),

How long does/would it take for a casual adult gamer with RL responsibilites....to get to the top level and the end game ?

Grinds and time sinks are the bane of the old :)

Thanks.

Comments

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

We don't know yet  as leveling is faster in the beta.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Poor excuses! It's all about scheduling and what is important to you.

• Med17Med17 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I've read that it will take 200hours or so to get to level 80.

• HuzzHuzz Member Posts: 163

i heard from a dev in a radio interview that it would take 4 days played time to get to 80.

• ParkCarsHereParkCarsHere Member Posts: 666
    Originally posted by Huzz

i heard from a dev in a radio interview that it would take 4 days played time to get to 80.

That seems very low... guess this will be a very fast-leveling game.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by ParkCarsHere

That is false.  It took me anywhere from 4-6 hours to get to level 13.  Probably around 10 hours playtime to get to level 20.  It does start getting slower.  I would have to imagine that it takes just as long as any other MMO to hit max level.

96 hours played?  No way is that true.

• WiccanCircleWiccanCircle Member Posts: 336

What happened to these games where leveling to 'max' was even a realistic option for the non housebound?

I can't remember his name, but the first player to hit max level (at the time) in Asheron's Call was a player on Thistledown.  He hit 124th level playing about 18-20 hours per day, never stopping, never chatting likely on a catheter and a bedpan... it took him about  a year to hit max.  But the game was new, the MMORPG genre was new so people were playing for more than just maxing.

Later a new server was opened and a TEAM of people played a character grinding on Winter's Ebb non-stop, 24-hours a day with a mule train of support characters buffing him and running supplies out to his location and it took about a month to hit 124th level.

Exactly why did the games fall apart to where people can play through the game in a few days?

Sad

"The reality of the poor in America isn't the difference between The Haves and The Have Nots, it is the difference between The Haves and The Have Lots."

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by DAS1337

That is false.  It took me anywhere from 4-6 hours to get to level 13.  Probably around 10 hours playtime to get to level 20.  It does start getting slower.  I would have to imagine that it takes just as long as any other MMO to hit max level.

I would expect it to true. Most hardcore guilds probably had some1 in the beta knowing all the good lvling spots, farming spots and most quest solutions. And the way those guyz play.... I give it 2 weeks till some1 hits 80.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I read somewhere the devs estimate about 2-3 months for a casual gamer to get to end game and also said about 6 months to a year to explore all end game stuff.  So thats a lot for a casual player.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

The radio interview actually said 7-8 days playtime so 7-8x24 hrs.  He said hardcore players could probably get it in a month or so after launch, and the more casual players after a few months.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

pc.ign.com/articles/869/869313p1.html

Funcom is hoping it'll take around six months for the first guild in Age of Conan to move all the way through the raid content and defeat the final boss, the evil wizard Thoth-Amon.

this assumes the first "top tier" guild has already been 80 for awhile

grinding through all the earlier raid content

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

Originally posted by WiccanCircle

What happened to these games where leveling to 'max' was even a realistic option for the non housebound?
    I can't remember his name, but the first player to hit max level (at the time) in Asheron's Call was a player on Thistledown.  He hit 124th level playing about 18-20 hours per day, never stopping, never chatting likely on a catheter and a bedpan... it took him about  a year to hit max.  But the game was new, the MMORPG genre was new so people were playing for more than just maxing.
    Later a new server was opened and a TEAM of people played a character grinding on Winter's Ebb non-stop, 24-hours a day with a mule train of support characters buffing him and running supplies out to his location and it took about a month to hit 124th level.
    Exactly why did the games fall apart to where people can play through the game in a few days?
    Sad

agreed.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

If Funcom doesn't put a stop to some of the exploits that were found in CB you'll see people getting to max level in oh....before the game goes live or shortly there after.

Originally posted by ProfRed

The radio interview actually said 7-8 days playtime so 7-8x24 hrs.  He said hardcore players could probably get it in a month or so after launch, and the more casual players after a few months.
    I can get any class to 70 in 12 days played for WOW  (post patch 2.3)

maybe rough estimate would be

- AOC levelling is 30% faster than WOW

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939
    Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by ProfRed

I can get any class to 70 in 12 days played for WOW  (post patch 2.3)

maybe rough estimate would be

- AOC levelling is 30% faster than WOW

You must be extremely slow at leveling then.  (At least on WoW)  For my very first WoW character it only took me 5 days played to hit 60.  No way it would of taken another 7 days on top of that to hit 70.  And that was way back when the game released.

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

Sad
    I hate that kind of game, where it take you years to hit max level, I mean you get to the point that grinding, questing or grouping gets boring, I really don't want to spend a year leveling.

And remember in many games now days the fun come after you hit max lvl, raiding, pvping and I prefer this because it doesn't depend on your level to beat people, it depends more on your gear and skill.

I m assuming that it take you 7-10 days if you know what you are doing but most of us will lose time, ganking, leveling in low level zones, wasting time fighting with people and stuff like that. So my final result would be:

7-10 days of playtime if you know what you doing.

10-20 days of playtime if you lose time in stupid things like me.

So 10 days of gameplay equals 1 month and 18 days playing 5 hours per day.

Have Fun ^^

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Sad

Tim the Enchanter was first. Raa from Solclaim was second and that was a group of 3 playing the toon 24hrs a day 7 days a week. I agree with you though. The thing most games fail to do now that AC/EQ1 managed to do was make you feel important regardless of your level. Now its all about getting to the end and then complaining there isnt enough to do.

Originally posted by Cabe2323 
    You must be extremely slow at leveling then.  (At least on WoW)  For my very first WoW character it only took me 5 days played to hit 60.  No way it would of taken another 7 days on top of that to hit 70.  And that was way back when the game released.
    takes me 3 days to make 50

60-70 does take longer than levelling to 60 in WOW

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Originally posted by xenogias

Sad

Tim the Enchanter was first. Raa from Solclaim was second and that was a group of 3 playing the toon 24hrs a day 7 days a week. I agree with you though. The thing most games fail to do now that AC/EQ1 managed to do was make you feel important regardless of your level. Now its all about getting to the end and then complaining there isnt enough to do.

I totally agree as well, it'll take the time it takes, and so long as you enjoy the ride...the destination will rarely be as rewarding as getting there.

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699

Not sure but in 1 day in open beta some players leveled from 20-36 and that is on a FFA server so i would imagine it would be even faster on a PvE server.

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699

Originally posted by DAS1337

4-6 hours to get to 13?

That's kinda slow.You do it in less than 2 hours if you knew what you were doing and as mentioned people hit level 36+ just in one day in the FFA open beta.

Just shows that if you what you are doing you will get to the top fast.

I bet we will see the first level 80 in 2 maybe 3 weeks after release.

• Harpy_LadyHarpy_Lady Member Posts: 137

Originally posted by whisperwynd

Originally posted by xenogias

Sad

I totally agree as well, it'll take the time it takes, and so long as you enjoy the ride...the destination will rarely be as rewarding as getting there.

I agree as well. The same people that complain there isn't enough endgame content and that the game is too easy - are the same ones paying others to play the game for them when they decide to complain about too much grind.

I miss having other players that played the game to - you know - PLAY the game. Not just rush to their own perceived finish line.

I predict max level about 5 minutes before the first post complaining of a lack of endgame.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

When I played DAoC it took quite a long time for casual players to get to max level.  I had tons of alts as well as crafters and I always found something to do.  There was pvp for my level at every level.  Structured pvp that was fun, didn't feel like a grind and provided advancement as well as entertainment.  If I got bored of one thing I'd go do something else.  I was never worried about max level and what not.  I figured I'd get there eventually and I'd have fun doing it.  I explored the many dungeons with or without friends, went to places on the map that few if any went to and I knew quite a bit about the many places where you could get nice items that others did not know of.

Getting to max level meant something.  Now, seeing a person at max level doesn't inspire awe of any kind.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TrunksZTrunksZ Member Posts: 263

I think that this fast leveling won't be a problem as long they update the end game story every now and then.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Enjoy the game guys enjoy the story take your time and have fun geez . just my opinion

hate what has become of ours games