Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested under one condition

13»

Comments

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

Originally posted by Katashi-kun
    Originally posted by Esther-Chan

Originally posted by Esther-Chan

Unfortunately I can not remember my ID or password (Who CAN remember those IDS? Jeeeeez!) and even if I DID remember it, my character has nothing. Before I left I tossed everything to prevent myself from returning (Hence the left on bad terms I previously stated).
    U don't need either, only need to answer ur personal infomation details and know the last 4 digits of the credit card # u signed up with! Thats all they asked me....

Hm, is that so? Well, that's good to know if I ever decide to return! If I ever do decide to return it won't be until after the new expansion is released.

WotG is already out and nothing new has been announced!

Oh.. Well, I really need to start reading >.>

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Which new one? You heard of another one? Wings of the Goddess is the only new one I know of.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

Originally posted by Satimasu
    Which new one? You heard of another one? Wings of the Goddess is the only new one I know of.

Wings of the Goddess was the one I was thinking of. I saw it splattered all over the front page and assumed it was being released shortly.

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Netspook

Originally posted by Amarao

Merging the servers is only something you do when your game is failing hard and have to keep the population full {ex Sony, and all their crap games}  FFXI is in the top 5 most played MMOs.

By your definition, FFXI must be crap, just like Sony's games, and failing hard right from the beginning. Because FFXI had at least 3 merges in the past.

Ixion, Typhon and Kirin are the names of the servers that was closed, and their populations were moved to Bismarck and Kujata.

Is it possible in your opinion for a server merge to happen any time soon?

In my opinion?

No

Why? Because FFXI's playerbase has not changed much for at least 3 years, maybe more. Unless something happened very recently, it's still around 500,000. Nothing changed, so I doubt merges will happen anytime soon.

I agree 100%

Almost everyone who leaves comes back the player base has stayed pretty much at the same amount since I started playing on Diabolos.

Honestly, never had problems finding a dunes party, do you mean 10-15 people in the dunes IN YOUR LEVEL RANGE?  

Every time I check the dunes there are around atleast 30, right now there are 37 people on a Saturday night playing in Valkrum, so...  I think your facts aren't facts.

I admit FFXI isn't for everyone, if you have no patience then your playing the wrong MMO, but a server merge is TOTALLY unwarented

Allow me to explain why this would be BAD

level 40-42 there is ONE CAMP you can effectively camp at for the entire game that most people will agree on,  Nest beetles in Crawlers nest.

Many other places in the game have the same issues, not enough monsters to kill for more than a few parties, the way the servers population is now there is JUST enough people to get a party, but not too many where you can't find a CAMP.

Server populations are perfect as they are

You're just a wee bit late by 6 months or so. Anyway, now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Originally posted by Jerid13

Merging the servers is only something you do when your game is failing hard and have to keep the population full {ex Sony, and all their crap games}  FFXI is in the top 5 most played MMOs.

By your definition, FFXI must be crap, just like Sony's games, and failing hard right from the beginning. Because FFXI had at least 3 merges in the past.

Ixion, Typhon and Kirin are the names of the servers that was closed, and their populations were moved to Bismarck and Kujata.

Is it possible in your opinion for a server merge to happen any time soon?

In my opinion?

No

Why? Because FFXI's playerbase has not changed much for at least 3 years, maybe more. Unless something happened very recently, it's still around 500,000. Nothing changed, so I doubt merges will happen anytime soon.

I agree 100%

Almost everyone who leaves comes back the player base has stayed pretty much at the same amount since I started playing on Diabolos.

Honestly, never had problems finding a dunes party, do you mean 10-15 people in the dunes IN YOUR LEVEL RANGE?  

Every time I check the dunes there are around atleast 30, right now there are 37 people on a Saturday night playing in Valkrum, so...  I think your facts aren't facts.

I admit FFXI isn't for everyone, if you have no patience then your playing the wrong MMO, but a server merge is TOTALLY unwarented

Allow me to explain why this would be BAD

level 40-42 there is ONE CAMP you can effectively camp at for the entire game that most people will agree on,  Nest beetles in Crawlers nest.

I'll just correct you on this bit. There are alternatives to every camp at all level ranges. Quicksand Caves is one of the 40 camps that can take its place. Other that, yeah, server merges would not be in our best interests right now.

Many other places in the game have the same issues, not enough monsters to kill for more than a few parties, the way the servers population is now there is JUST enough people to get a party, but not too many where you can't find a CAMP.

Unless you're the spoiled Aht Urghan crowd. :p

Server populations are perfect as they are

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465

Having just leveled 4 jobs through that level range I can say for sure that you are wrong, i'm sorry Quicksand caves is higher level than that, at 39-41 the only place is either take T-VT worker crawlers or Nest beetles which are actually IN your level range

the four jobs are War, Blm, Rdm, and Nin.

West altepa desert is AFTER Nest beetles and so is Quicksand caves, don't believe me? go make a party and try it.

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/

Also, there are plenty of guides to back up what I have to say.   oh and Yes the Gustav tunnel camp would be an alternative, but no one likes to go there EVER.

Even in Aht Urgan there is very limited camp space, I at times can't even make a merit party, not from lack of players, from lack of camps.

There are so few good end game camps to actually merit at.

My point is that the problem is not lack of players, its lack of good camps.

Originally posted by Jerid13

Having just leveled 4 jobs through that level range I can say for sure that you are wrong, i'm sorry Quicksand caves is higher level than that, at 39-41 the only place is either take T-VT worker crawlers or Nest beetles which are actually IN your level range
    the four jobs are War, Blm, Rdm, and Nin.
    West altepa desert is AFTER Nest beetles and so is Quicksand caves, don't believe me? go make a party and try it.
    http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/
    Also, there are plenty of guides to back up what I have to say.   oh and Yes the Gustav tunnel camp would be an alternative, but no one likes to go there EVER.

Even in Aht Urgan there is very limited camp space, I at times can't even make a merit party, not from lack of players, from lack of camps.
    There are so few good end game camps to actually merit at.
    My point is that the problem is not lack of players, its lack of good camps.
    That's what I was thinking of. My bad. I just double checked myself there too. I don't see why people don't want to go there. I've always had good exp when I've always been there.

People are spoiled by Aht Urghan camps now. Merit burns and all that. I wouldn't mind going to Sky or Bibiki Bay or any of the older places for exp. I guess I'm just old fashioned though.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

I would love to come back to FFXI, really.
    I want them to merge the servers, and I think it's a necessary thing to do. I could so rarely find a party, and even if I did after it was finally put together the players would seem to systematically leave the group.
    I never played for that long of a time and that may have something to do with my problem, but I hear that the higher level you get the harder it is to find a group. If this is so, why has Square Enix done nothing to alleviate the lack of players on each server? Maybe each time I played I was just unlucky enough to get on extremely un populated servers, but I don't think thats the case.
    Has this idea ever been considered by the FFXI team, or is this just not going to happen?
    Thanks for your help ~

yeah i really don't like the idea of a server merge. because once you get out of the whole "i hate lfg because i can never level blah blah blah". you get into the "omfg wtf is with all these people at fafnir". i don't know about most people but i enjoy having a spread out server pop and the 6th highest populated MMO and anything more would make getting most higher level HNM items impossible for most players.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Qinshien

well what server are you on? if you are on garuda and still low level, I can help you level, yea it does suck only time to lvl low lvls are when new classes are introduced... but yea it take a lot of patience or help from a friend to get past those low lvls... goodluck
    I appreciate your help but at the moment I'm not subcribed, but I would like to come back to FFXI.

My main goal of the thread was to find out which server would be the best to join, but I attracted an assclown and the thread has gone downhill since.

Is garuda well populated?

Once again answering your ?, there are no hard #s for server population!  I and several other are saying the same thing yet u keep holding out expecting someone to come up with #'s that have never been released to the public!

You're wrong - again. This info is published once per year, in the annual census. It contains all kinds of analysises - subscription numbers, server population, how many plays the different jobs, etc. It should be published this or next month, if I remember correctly, so keep an eye open for it. If you are subscribed to FFXI, you'll be notified via the viewer. Note that the subscription numbers has been a bit more vague in the last two censuses or so, but they used to give almost the exact numbers before that, so your statement about "never been released" is, as said, wrong.

And about that list, where LOTRO is at #3, while FFXI is at #4. Here's a quote from another website (yes, I can play that game too!):

"I estimate that as of August 2007 LotRO had approximately 200,000 subscribers. Inside sources place the number of active subscribers at 150,000 as of December 2007."

From http://www.mmogchart.com/analysis-and-conclusions/

This is something mmorpg.com says about the guy behind that site:

"For those of you who haven’t visited MMOGChart.com, Bruce’s idea and actions have become six years of tracking MMO populations."

More from mmorpg in this article: http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/1883

Amaro, if ffxiah.com's statistics are to be trusted, Garuda has the lowest amount of Jeuno auctions, which also indicates the lowest amount of players. The best server, if trusting this info, would be Asura, which tops the list. You'll find all kinds of in-game transactions info here:

http://www.ffxiah.com

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

well what server are you on? if you are on garuda and still low level, I can help you level, yea it does suck only time to lvl low lvls are when new classes are introduced... but yea it take a lot of patience or help from a friend to get past those low lvls... goodluck
    I appreciate your help but at the moment I'm not subcribed, but I would like to come back to FFXI.

My main goal of the thread was to find out which server would be the best to join, but I attracted an assclown and the thread has gone downhill since.

Once again answering your ?, there are no hard #s for server population!  I and several other are saying the same thing yet u keep holding out expecting someone to come up with #'s that have never been released to the public!

You're wrong - again. This info is published once per year, in the annual census. It contains all kinds of analysises - subscription numbers, server population, how many plays the different jobs, etc. It should be published this or next month, if I remember correctly, so keep an eye open for it. If you are subscribed to FFXI, you'll be notified via the viewer. Note that the subscription numbers has been a bit more vague in the last two censuses or so, but they used to give almost the exact numbers before that, so your statement about "never been released" is, as said, wrong.

And about that list, where LOTRO is at #3, while FFXI is at #4. Here's a quote from another website (yes, I can play that game too!):

"I estimate that as of August 2007 LotRO had approximately 200,000 subscribers. Inside sources place the number of active subscribers at 150,000 as of December 2007."

"For those of you who haven’t visited MMOGChart.com, Bruce’s idea and actions have become six years of tracking MMO populations."

More from mmorpg in this article: http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/1883

Amaro, if ffxiah.com's statistics are to be trusted, Garuda has the lowest amount of Jeuno auctions, which also indicates the lowest amount of players. The best server, if trusting this info, would be Asura, which tops the list. You'll find all kinds of in-game transactions info here:

Thanks, you've been a great help.

Asura it is then. I owe you :3

FFXIAH isn't that reliable with the deflation of the economy. Odin has the highest population. But, it's overpopulated anyway. There are people that use the NPC's or the three main cities over Jeuno for certain things. I barely used Jeuno myself for months. Kujata was down nearly at the bottom of the list a few months ago. Now, they are in the top 10. I don't think that was a spike in population.

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

Originally posted by Netspook Originally posted by Katashi-kun

I agree that MMO companies consider merging servers when their games are failing to sustain player population. This may be the case for FFXI at the time of Ixion, Typhon, and Kirin - back in early 2003. Fortunately, the North American launch brought enough new players for FFXI to reach 500,000 subscribers.

Back then, FFXI was most likely "failing" just like many SOE titles later on - no offense to SOE!

At lower levels, FFXI can appear to be a ghosttown in some servers. The majority of players are in the higher levels, and the number of players online still looks very healthy. I agree that FFXI will not merge servers until their player base drops significantly - maybe to the low 300,000s.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Originally posted by Satimasu

FFXIAH isn't that reliable with the deflation of the economy. Odin has the highest population. But, it's overpopulated anyway. There are people that use the NPC's or the three main cities over Jeuno for certain things. I barely used Jeuno myself for months. Kujata was down nearly at the bottom of the list a few months ago. Now, they are in the top 10. I don't think that was a spike in population.

Hmm, this makes choosing a server even harder.

I just reactivated my account, and I'm running these year long updates now. If anyone else has some input on the servers I'd appreciate it.

• VeroniusVeronius Member Posts: 7

since when do ppl hold a popularity contest here?