Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest..Getting started questions?

ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

Hi

I see that the game has a ton of expansions..My question is the download version and all expansions contain PDF manuals?

Is it better to get boxed copies from amazon?....Real paper manuals..any advice plus any help what to get to get started appreciated

Tom

Comments

• SupafroxxSupafroxx Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by ttomm46

Hi
    I see that the game has a ton of expansions..My question is the download version and all expansions contain PDF manuals?
    Is it better to get boxed copies from amazon?....Real paper manuals..any advice plus any help what to get to get started appreciated

Tom

You mean like the original EQ? Wow, I didn't know people still wanted to play that. Well I checked Amazon and there's this and the Prima guides were always pretty lengthy without going overboard on the miniature details. There were always a lot of helpful people on the forums when I played EQ II so since #1 has been out for way longer I'm guessing their official forums are just a gold mine for valuable info. There's a tutorial in EQ right smack-dab at the start if you've never played an MMO, it's really hard to get used to EQ though. (imo)

I don't know if they'll have .pdf manuals in the digital download but if you need to know something it'll probably tell you before you do it.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Originally posted by ttomm46

Hi

Tom

If you're going to play the original EQ, don't worry about downloading manuals for any of the previous expansions, or even trying to buy them in the stores. By now, they'd all be outdated and wouldn't be any use to you. You're better off simply using sites like Allakhazam and EQ Stratics to get any information you'd need, including player guides.

There are also sites that offer detailed maps, but it's been years since I played EQ, so I wouldn't be able to tell you which ones to use.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

get the trial. The tutorial in that will show you all you need, and will determine whether you'll want to continue playing the game or not. Bear in mind, its pretty dated these days.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

EQ is a game where it can often feel like work just to progress.  This makes the rewards seemingly more pleasant at the end of it.  They do come, but most players nowadays give up too easily.  You can blame WoW if you want, but even when EQ was new people were complaining about the grind.  It's just how the game is.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

thanks..good info

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Originally posted by Lidane
    Originally posted by ttomm46 Hi

Tom
    If you're going to play the original EQ, don't worry about downloading manuals for any of the previous expansions, or even trying to buy them in the stores. By now, they'd all be outdated and wouldn't be any use to you. You're better off simply using sites like Allakhazam and EQ Stratics to get any information you'd need, including player guides.
    There are also sites that offer detailed maps, but it's been years since I played EQ, so I wouldn't be able to tell you which ones to use.

And if you decide to do crafting go to
    EQTraders

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett