Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM is deleting topics with performance issues mentioned

Alan0nAlan0n Member Posts: 576

<Mod edit>
There are still issues.
Is MMORPG here for the players or for the devs ?

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

No, mmorpg.com is deleting non-constructive troll postings.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• Alan0nAlan0n Member Posts: 576

So its constructive to talk about Funcom Redeeming themselfs when ppl are talking about last CLOSED BETA patch while others that are stil having issues are not allowed to talk ?

• VandragoVandrago Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

No, mmorpg.com is deleting non-constructive troll postings.

It's only constructive if  it praises the game?

• VayleVayle Member Posts: 127

The trolls are coming out in force now ^

Now, post your computer specs that you keep conveniently keep leaving out of the posts.

This game will not run on a commodor 64 you know

Originally posted by Alan0n

So its constructive to talk about Funcom Redeeming themselfs when ppl are talking about last CLOSED BETA patch while others that are stil having issues are not allowed to talk ?

It’s all in the wording man. All in the wording. I know what thread you’re talking about, and it basically said "Funcom lied, look". You posted no constructive facts, such as your system specs, or anything, and continued to simply say "Look it broken". There was no open discourse, and nothing to back up your claims.

Flame me if you want, but I’m trying to help. Sensationalism, and exaggeration with no facts or supporting evidence posted in a constructive manner will be ignored, and is the wrong way to "Speak out".

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by Vayle

And your part of constructive is ?

Take a look at the screenshot.  If it hurts you personally then add something constructive.  If not then maybe allow ppl that are having problems with the game to mention them.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Lock them, move them, warn people if you must, but deleting them is just naff.

• elfstone222elfstone222 Member Posts: 36

It's only constructive if it's going somewhere, i.e. it doesn't have a bunch of random flaming, 12 year olds pretending to know what they're talking about, and a bunch of people on both sides saying nothing but "no u dun know wur u r ****ing talking about!!!111one". Considering there's a lot of all of those going around, I'm not surprised that it's getting deleted. Also, I have a feeling you're only saying "only negative stuff is getting deleted" because you're on the negative side, consider other possibilities other than the impulsive ones that pop into your head just before you hit the post button with some zero thought one-liner, because those aren't productive either.

• VandragoVandrago Member UncommonPosts: 230

Its nice to see what type of community this game is attracting. If you dont kiss ass you're a troll..

You post in the thread only to be seen, but have nothing to say of the scrrenshot linked? That tells us alot.. You blindly follow something.

People like that are why we get shitty releases and half finished broken games. People are so desperate for something new they take what they can get. It's sad actually.

Originally posted by Signe

Lock them, move them, warn people if you must, but deleting them is just naff.

/wave

----------

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by convict

Its nice to see what type of community this game is attracting. If you dont kiss ass you're a troll..

You post in the thread only to be seen, but have nothing to say of the scrrenshot linked? That tells us alot.. You blindly follow something.

People like that are why we get shitty releases and half finished broken games. People are so desperate for something new they take what they can get. It's sad actually.

I said that because the only thing I've ever seen you post were negative about age of conan.. so, I naturally figured you were here to troll again. If I was mistaken I appologize.

• NotNiceDinoNotNiceDino Member Posts: 320

Um... there a 50 bazzillion other threads discussing the memory leak about dozens of other issues, and somehow none of them got deleted.

But no.... I'm sure your right and this is conspiracy to hide the existance of well known on-going issue.

Yes... the man is trying to keep you down.

Active: WoW

Semi-retired: STO

Fully retired: UO, EQ, AC, SWG, FFXI, DDO:EU, PoTBS, AoC, EvE

Tried: EQ2, Tabula Rasa, Auto-Assault, Isteria, LotRO, Wizard 101

Looking forward to: Star Citizen

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

It’s all in the wording man. All in the wording. I know what thread you’re talking about, and it basically said "Funcom lied, look". You posted no constructive facts, such as your system specs, or anything, and continued to simply say "Look it broken". There was no open discourse, and nothing to back up your claims.

Flame me if you want, but I’m trying to help. Sensationalism, and exaggeration with no facts or supporting evidence posted in a constructive manner will be ignored, and is the wrong way to "Speak out".

Thats why I just posted this picture above - I will take a screenshot of my pc spec if it helps you but again like claimed in the topic that got deleted - its well above what is even required for the game.

Now I need to find the site again that shows ppl if their pc can run the game....  Forgot the url - YOu remember it ?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

You are talking about a memory leak, but from your screenshot it's pretty obvious that you system doesn't have enough RAM. Your shot has nothing to do with a memory leak.

You are getting an out of memory error with AoC only taking about 1Gb RAM. On my system it constantly takes about 1,6Gb, and this is no leak as it doesn't change.

You need more memory, that's all.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Yeah...and on the other hand, we have someone who simply links a Screenshot of a *gasp* error that occured while he played. Curiously enough still playing even though he has claimed to be totally uninterested in this game for ages now (unless of course the picture was linked from someone else, in that case, kudos).

So...there's this guy...whose game-client crashes once. That's all this nice little link shows. Not what System he's using, not what Graphics Card, not what Drivers, no NOTHING. It's just an Error-Screen and then the big words of "they are lying", which is a joke, because no one claimed that everything had been fixed, least of all FunCom.

All he's trying to do is to belittle what -HAS- been accomplished and what do you think that is? I think you might be guessing right. -FACT- is that a lot of people have noticed performance increases. -FACT -also is, these people have said so. And to jump into there calling doom all over again and actually claiming that it's all a lie...well, what is that?

Im gonna back my version up with screenshots of memory issues on a PC that is miles above what is needed to run the game.

Now - Are the ppl that are praising the performance after last patch asked to do that ? 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

You're talking out of your as... now.  This forum has been blown up for over a week with countless threads by people posting negative reports about performance and other issues with regards to the OB.  No, they don't delete negative posts, in fact, this might be the one haven where we can actually discuss games with limited interferance.

But they will not tolerate people like yourselves that come here with some huge CHIP on your shoulder, offer nothing meaningful to discuss, go wildly off topic or flame repeatedly.  Yes..all of those get removed.

Ask any AOC fanboi (and I'm not one) they're tired of battling the false perceptions they feel many negative posters have repeatedly put up on these forums.

As for the screen shot, too small for me to read on my 12 inch laptop screen, nothing but a blur.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Im gonna back my version up with screenshots of memory issues on a PC that is miles above what is needed to run the game.
    Now - Are the ppl that are praising the performance after last patch asked to do that ? 
    yeah, most start the post with "i run such and such".

Then people respond with sugestions to help.

Its amazing.

----------

How are you?" -Me

I have just -ONE- question for you. It is obvious from your entire Post-History that you -HATE- the game.

Why are you even Beta-testing it? Why are you spreading your doom over these boards, particularly trying to make others who feel good about changes look like they are liars? Hmmm? What is your agenda? I'm really curious, because it baffles me how someone can spend so much time on something he obviously hates so much, even go to the trouble of Beta-Testing the game.

And it baffles me how it seems to personally offend you that the majority of people are actually experiencing improved performance with the latest patch. And it baffles me as well how you jump to the conclusion that everyone now thinks everything has been fixed.

Please answer some of my questions. I am really curious.

• gnetogneto Member Posts: 11

AOC maxes out at 1.6 gigs on my system. Crashing at 1 gig is not memory leak. Sometimes I get that error, but if you press attempt to continue you will go back to the game like nothing happened.

Also, nice usage of internet explorer. You probally have full of spyware slowing your system down.

Originally posted by singsofdeath

Yeah...and on the other hand, we have someone who simply links a Screenshot of a *gasp* error that occured while he played. Curiously enough still playing even though he has claimed to be totally uninterested in this game for ages now (unless of course the picture was linked from someone else, in that case, kudos).

So...there's this guy...whose game-client crashes once. That's all this nice little link shows. Not what System he's using, not what Graphics Card, not what Drivers, no NOTHING. It's just an Error-Screen and then the big words of "they are lying", which is a joke, because no one claimed that everything had been fixed, least of all FunCom.

All he's trying to do is to belittle what -HAS- been accomplished and what do you think that is? I think you might be guessing right. -FACT- is that a lot of people have noticed performance increases. -FACT -also is, these people have said so. And to jump into there calling doom all over again and actually claiming that it's all a lie...well, what is that?

Just like ppl are allowed to point out performance increase there are also those that are still crashing.  And those ppl are not allowed to speak ? 

I dont care about doom and gloom.  I'm playing a game that is not performing and is crashing - not once but multiple times.  Now Im backing it up with screenshots cause there are some ppl like you that claim that ppl are just lying.  But when ppl show proofs thats not even enough for you.   But then - you have desided that everyone that posts anything negative about the game is wrong. 

I dont doubt there are ppl that got better performance after last patch - but there are some that are still crashing.  Hide it or allow ppl to say so ?  

Originally posted by singsofdeath

Just like ppl are allowed to point out performance increase there are also those that are still crashing.  And those ppl are not allowed to speak ? 

I dont care about doom and gloom.  I'm playing a game that is not performing and is crashing - not once but multiple times.  Now Im backing it up with screenshots cause there are some ppl like you that claim that ppl are just lying.  But when ppl show proofs thats not even enough for you.   But then - you have desided that everyone that posts anything negative about the game is wrong. 

I dont doubt there are ppl that got better performance after last patch - but there are some that are still crashing.  Hide it or allow ppl to say so ?  

There's a huge difference between hiding it and spreading false information. You are the one that claims people are lying and that the patch didn't do any good. I have not seen any FC official, nor many fans come out and say "Whoooohooo, everything is fixed, NO issues at all anymore, it's the PERFECT game".

FUN COM ALL READY SAID THIS!

Please post your system specs. (request #240)

----------

How are you?" -Me

and you still avoid posting your system specs....

I guess you need time to look up some modern hardware and post it as your own.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Well for one thing OP, you have WAY to many programs running in the background! What was it, 56? My God thats crazy! Not sure about Vista, but XP only needs about 14 to run. At least thats all I have running. Try turning all that useless crap off and see the difference.

EDIT: Sorry it was ONLY 50! LOL

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

This discussion has been closed.