Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics Update...

Comments

• The_HateThe_Hate Member Posts: 6

You're a complete tool, If instead of replying to everyones comments trying to be funny you "could" of realised that the 5/5 graphics was for the fact that they are in Java.

Seeing as we're making unfair comparisons lets compare WoW to Crysis.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by The_Hate

You're a complete tool, If instead of replying to everyones comments trying to be funny you "could" of realised that the 5/5 graphics was for the fact that they are in Java.
    Seeing as we're making unfair comparisons lets compare WoW to Crysis.

It is pretty obvious in my post that I did realize that, that was why I translated it that way.  Now if you want to compare those games.. go for it but do so in their forums not runescape forums, since neither of those games have anything to do with Runescape. Does it make you feel all big and bad to walk around calling girls on the internet tools? lolol What a charming guy! Your parents must be so proud.  *tells jagex to give you back your money so you can afford manners classes *

I do not believe in powder puffing anything to make it look better than it is.  Why should we not be able to compare all games in : graphics, gameplay, and overall fun? I think all games should be able to be compared on those standards in the entire gaming industry. Of course they all bring different things to the table that will make them better in different catagories, but if they cannot at least be compared in the overall fun aspect then they are not  quality enough to be played at all.

You being a girl makes no difference, why would it?

"tells jagex to give back your money so you can afford manner lessons" I hate to break it to you, my computer is probably worth more then your home.

Seeing as I can play Crysis with the highest settings with only mimimal slowdowns, I will.

You expect far to much from a Java based game.

You being a girl makes no difference, why would it?
    "tells jagex to give back your money so you can afford manner lessons" I hate to break it to you, my computer is probably worth more then your home.
    Seeing as I can play Crysis with the highest settings with only mimimal slowdowns, I will.

So you think it is perfectly okay to go around calling people names on the internet? regardless of  gender that is as lame as it gets.  Though  where i live the gentlemen actually have manners and  do not go around insulting ladies.... but I live in a civilized world and do not believe in walking around acting like a neanderthal.

You think awfully highly of yourself. It's okay you can be a legend in your own mind all you like.  That must be some computer you have!  Considering I live in the wealthiest county in the state of Texas.  I hope your computer comes with a pool and tennis courts like my home does.  My computers can play anything with the highest detail settings as well, since they where built in March.  Actually I think 5 of  my computers can, I am not sure about my laptop though.  

1. you made the assumption that you must be poor to have played runescape.

This is incorrect Many people play with real friends, do you know what those are? So  not all of my friends can afford the luxuries I do.  If you had read my past posts I had paid for many accounts on runescape not just my own because I  can afford to. I do pay to play many other games as well.  I want games that I can play with my friends without trying to push things on them that they cannot afford, or insulting them by purchasing it for them. Not all people are self centered, yes there are people in this world that treat each other with courtesy and think of others as well.

2.  I do not expect too much from a java based game, apparently  my point went right over your head. My point was that since Jagex could not compete with the graphics of todays games that they should use their time and money to focus on gameplay instead.  Since you obviously did not comphrend my previous posts I will state it plainly for you.  No one plays runescape for it's graphics, they will not gain back  players who left their game for better graphics games with this update because they cannot compete with the high end graphics engines, so this update was not worth the time and money spent on it at the current time. The game has alot more on it that needs to be worked on before they give it a facelift but they choose to ignore the important issues affecting the game and focus on frivilous things that do not enhance overall gameplay. 

Like I said before Runescape is like an old car stuck in the mud, but instead of pulling it out of the mud and fixing it they chose to paint it first! It is a matter of priorities and Jagex does not seem to know how to get theirs straight. No one their right mind would paint a car stuck in the mud, they would pull it out and  make all repairs and then paint it. Jagex always does everything backwards.  Honestly it is like they think of exactly what the game needs to have done and does the exact opposite.

There is nothing in my expectations of this game that cannot be done reasonably, It would be nice if one of these days Jagex wakes up and realizes what is actually important to players. Hopefully I have stated that plainly enough for you to understand this time.

I called you a tool, you're acting as if I just shot your family.

You sir are a fail.

Read the rest of your post:

Why are you talking about luxeries?

If your friends can't afford to play Runescape then they need a Job.

Obviously I have friends, that's one of the reasons why you're a fail (making assumptions like this)

I actually think you're in the special classes in your school, I'll break it down it for you why the Runescape graphics can't compete:

Java.

Web Browser.

I have now educated you. Thank me.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by deviliscious
    Originally posted by The_Hate You being a girl makes no difference, why would it?

So you think it is perfectly okay to go around calling people names on the internet? regardless of  gender that is as lame as it gets.  Though  where i live the gentlemen actually have manners and  do not go around insulting ladies.... but I live in a civilized world and do not believe in walking around acting like a neanderthal.
    You think awfully highly of yourself. It's okay you can be a legend in your own mind all you like.  That must be some computeryou have!  Considering I live in the waelthiest county in the state of Texas.  I hope your computer comes with a pool and tennis courts like my home does.  My computers can play anything with the highest detail settings as well, since they where built in March.  Actually I think 5 of  my computers can, I am not sure about my laptop though.  
    1. you made the assumption that you must be poor to have played runescape.
     This is incorrect Many people play with real friends, do you know what those are? So  not all of my friends can afford the luxuries I do.  If you had read my past posts I had paid for many accounts on runescape not just my own because I  can afford to. I do pay to play many other games as well.  I want games that I can play with my friends without trying to push things on them that they cannot afford, or insulting them by purchasing it for them. Not all people are self centered, yes there are people in this world that treat each other with courtesy and think of others as well.
    2.  I do not expect too much from a java based game, apparently  my point went right over your head. My point was that since Jagex could not compete with the graphics of todays games that they should use their time and money to focus on gameplay instead.  Since you obviously did not comphrend my previous posts I will state it plainly for you.  No one plays runescape for it's graphics, they will not gain back  players who left their game for better graphics games with this update because they cannot compete with the high end graphics engines, so this update was not worth the time and money spent on it at the current time. The game has alot more on it that needs to be worked on before they give it a facelift but they shoose to ignore the important issues affecting the game and focus on frivilous things that do not enhance overall gameplay. 
    Like I said before Runescape is like an old car stuck in the mud, but instead of pulling it out of the mud and fixing it they chose to paint it first! It is a matter of priorities and Jagex does not seem to know how to get their straight. No anyone their right mind would paint a car stuck in the mud, they would pull it out and  make all repairs and then paint it. Jagex always does everything backwards.  Honestly it is like they think of exactly what the game needs to have done and does the exact opposite.
    There is nothing in my expectations of this game that cannot be done reasonably, It would be nice if one of these days Jagex wakes up and realizes what I actually important to players. Hopefully I have stated that plainly enough for you to understand this time.

1. on a note of Runescape I used to play it and enjoyed it...im happy that its still around.

2. directed to the person whos quote i put up...im sorry but none of us here cares where u live...how so called wealthy you are...you dont need to come here to brag that ur all that when by reading all what u wrote ur either full of sh**, or just pissed that some dude owned you with words. best advice for you is to go grab your phone....call someone who cares. sadly...my 1 computer could own all 5 of urs...and ur laptop...but whats important here is that you claim to be this and that...well u may be wealthy...but as a gamer I could own u anytime of the week. Nuff said.

Originally posted by gamerman98

1. on a note of Runescape I used to play it and enjoyed it...im happy that its still around.
    2. directed to the person whos quote i put up...im sorry but none of us here cares where u live...how so called wealthy you are...you dont need to come here to brag that ur all that when by reading all what u wrote ur either full of sh**, or just pissed that some dude owned you with words. best advice for you is to go grab your phone....call someone who cares. sadly...my 1 computer could own all 5 of urs...and ur laptop...but whats important here is that you claim to be this and that...well u may be wealthy...but as a gamer I could own u anytime of the week. Nuff said.

My comments were directed to the potty mouthed guy who claims his computer is worth more than our homes.  I think you misunderstood that I had no intention of  bragging, where as the guy who I was responding to was blatentently  saying that people play this game because they cannot afford to  play anything else, and since he has  spent a fortune on his computer he can play other games. I was not the one insulting anyone here, I was responding to an immature poster. LOL @ the owning with words, considering only people who cannot communicate properly feel the need to resort to name calling and foul language in order to express themselves because they are unable to by other means.  This conversation was not about who has the fastest best computer, it was about the graphics update and whether or not it helped the game. Considering that you have not mentioned the recent updates which were the topic of this thread,  seems to be the only reason for your post was to insult and harrass other people online.  

I too am glad the game is still around, and would like to see it improved, that is the purpose of my posts. The purpose of your post was to come on here insulting people that you know nothing about. That in itself is failure.  Btw I <3 pvp that is all I do.   so you could try to own me, that doesn;t mean you will succeed.  Just try me at MK. mwahahah .

The important part here is not what I have or what you have or what the guy who says his computer is worth more than our homes has, it is about  giving players the quality games they deserve.  Gamers spend more  money on MMORPGS than  any other type of game, we deserve to get what we pay for.  MMORPGS are more costly than any other type of game, therfore we should expect better quality from our developers. 

We will not gain that by comming on to forums and insulting people. If you truely care about  your games you should post what you want from them instead of spending your time attacking other  members that are just trying to get the players better quality games. Apparently you did not read all of what I wrote because you missed the point entirely.  I hope you read  the guys post I was responding to since all he  has been doing is insulting people rather than prove a point. If  I offended you by responding to his crude , arrogant remarks that was not my intention.  My only intentions here is to try and get our games improved, if we do not speak our minds our games will never be improved.

You sir are a fail.

Obviously I have friends, that's one of the reasons why you're a fail (making assumptions like this)
     I actually think you're in the special classes in your school, I'll break it down it for you why the Runescape graphics can't compete:
    Java.
    Web Browser.

*sighs*  I guess there is no point in trying to have a mature conversation with immature baboons.  Calling a lady a sir, calling people tools .. what does that do for ya? Well it does nothing to me, all it has proven is that you are incapable of having an intelligent conversation about the topics without acting like and showing your hind portions. My friends are currently paying for college, and  do work and go to school, they  do have jobs, but are trying to afford their education. I guess gentlemen like yourself have no understanding for the need  to better your education. If you had read any of my previous posts you would be fully aware that I know why runescape cannot compete, that was why I said they should not try in that department. Everyone knows why they cannot compete it is pretty obvious.  That is why runescape should focus on what they can do rather than what will always be out of reach. Runescape has abilities that are very limited on the new graphics engines of other games and that is creating more in the actual gameplay department and they are not focusing their time and efforts on that instead  they are wasting their time and money on something  in a lame attempt to compete with other graphics. Obviously you sir are the one needing the education because you cannot seem to comprhend. Hopefully this time  that makes it through that thick skull.  I am starting to wonder how many times I have to repeat it before you actually understand what I am talking about. Maybe i need to hire a kindergarten teacher to interpret for me so that you may  be able to understand.

Originally posted by deviliscious

You sir are a fail.

Java.
    Web Browser.

*sighs*  I guess there is no point in trying to have a mature conversation with immature baboons.  Calling a lady a sir, calling people tools .. what does that do for ya? Well it does nothing to me, all it has proven is that you are incapable of having an intelligent conversation about the topics without acting  showing your hind portions. My friends are currently paying for college, and  do work and go to school, they  do have jobs, but are trying to afford their education. I guess gentlemen like yourself have no understanding for the need  to better your education. If you had read any of my previous posts you would be fully aware that I know why runescape cannot compete, that was why I said they should not try in that department. Everyone knows why they cannot compete it is pretty obvious.  That is why runescape should focus on what they can do rather than what will always be out of reach. Runescape has abilities that are very limited on the new graphics engines of other games and that is creating more in the actual gameplay department and they are not focusing their time and efforts on that instead  they are wasting their time and money on something  in a lame attempt to compete with other graphics. Obviously you sir are the one needing the education because you cannot seem to comprhend. Hopefully this time  that makes it through that thick skull.  I am starting to wonder how many times I have to repeat it before you actually understand what I am talking about. Maybe i need to hire a kindergarten teacher to interpret for me so that you may  be able to understand.

Your posts are full of fail, seriously.

I doubt very much so you have a better education then I, seeing the spelling and grammar errors within your posts.

Like I said, your opinions are invalid, no one cares, no one likes you.

If it's so obvious why do you keep bringing it up (you were doing this before I started posting) - refer to where I spoke about your opinions.

PS. Use a better spell checker. (this applies to your other posts, not just this one)

/thread.

Your posts are full of fail, seriously.
    I doubt very much so you have a better education then I, seeing the spelling and grammar errors within your posts.
    Like I said, your opinions are invalid, no one cares, no one likes you.
    PS. Use a better spell checker. (this applies to your other posts, not just this one)

Oh some great points you made there! LMAO. I do not see anyone supporting your threads... hmm wonder why.  Considering the number of supporters on my threads, I think you sir, though you may need to grow some to be entitled to that title are the one that is behaving like a troll and posting opinions no one cares to hear..   I could refer you to a good psychologist to help you work out some of your anger management issues.  I  am fully aware of my terrible typing,  you try to type with nails!  That is why I have a PA that does that for me, though having them come on mmorpg and  typing to people like you on the internet would be a bit much.  I have never once claimed to be a typist.   Since you have no other point   you now resort to:

1. insulting  my  post without explanation.  You are free to discredit my post,  but do it properly. If you think it is failure point out what you think is failure about it. Ranting nonsense  without any  logical reasoning is a poor attempt at redemption.

2. insult my education  when you know nothing about me, my background, or my education. 

3. attempting to devalue me as a person. Where as this would only cause emotional harm if any of those things were true, but they are not so you have not suceeded there either. It was a   lame attempt at best.

4. insulting my grammer and typing. I agree i am a terrible typist!  I prefer headsets at all times.  Is this something new to me? no I have always been a slacker at my typing and proud!  TYVM. 

Now if you have any valid points about the actual topic at hand feel free to express them. I am sure everyone would much rather read those than your ranting of mindless insults at anyone who chaps your hide.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this is not the appropriate forums for name calling flaming or trash talking I have created a thread just for you in the appropriate forum ' Spam".

if you  do not want to debate valid points on the game then feel free to spam me here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/2170558/thread/191884#2170558

• SpirusSpirus Member Posts: 10

still crap and if anyone says they are really good they should have a new eyes.

jagex should start looking at the real problems of the game and not waste time like this that is why i quit.

• iamnobodyiamnobody Member Posts: 2

Oh, come on, how long are you two going to argue?

Anyway, The_Hate, how can you explain how rs lost the majority of their members? I think deviliscious' opinions are valid, yet you criticize her without thinking. Also, who cares about from spelling and grammar?

...This is going completely off-subject.

• iamnobodyiamnobody Member Posts: 2

And The_Hate, your grammar isn't much better, apart from capitalization, either.

• exel134exel134 Member Posts: 41

wow,you two need to be more mature and read over other peoples posts,then if you do not like them dont comment back,easy as that but,as i do feel i need to comment a post sometimes i do not entirely think your wrong for doing it,but to be honest it wouldve been better without the curses,insults,etc.

hmmmm

Originally posted by exel134

wow,you two need to be more mature and read over other peoples posts,then if you do not like them dont comment back,easy as that but,as i do feel i need to comment a post sometimes i do not entirely think your wrong for doing it,but to be honest it wouldve been better without the curses,insults,etc.

I agree and diagree. People have every right to debate  the topics, even when they disagree  which means actually debating the topic not waging personal attacks of the posters.  I should have thought of creating the thread in spam alot sooner, so spam could be placed in the in the appropriate forum.  I  have never had anyone on my ignore list in games , I can handle what they have to say, but I  should have taken the debate to the spam forum as soon as the insults started. This is not the  place for that.

• V_Repoman_VV_Repoman_V Member Posts: 22

The low-detail mode changed for the worse (player-characters).

The HD mode (with all options on & the highest fullscreen resolution possible) has graphics comparable to many download/cd-rom style games.

My fourm avi is a poor-quality pic [had to make it under 8 kb] of my fav acct in the new HD mode, so its not the best example.

Despite the new graphics, the gameplay is still worse than it was in the past.

Originally posted by iamnobody

Anyway, The_Hate, how can you explain how rs lost the majority of their members? I think deviliscious' opinions are valid, yet you criticize her without thinking. Also, who cares about from spelling and grammar?

Runescape currently has 1.3Million active paying  *members*.

That is the highest it has ever had.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by V_Repoman_V

1.3 million?  Link please.

• nightwing70nightwing70 Member Posts: 142

Oh SDFU STOP BSING

they had 1m members before the doomsday update

So with that update they minused the bots, loyal pkers, merchanters, and me

I say there down to atleast 8.5m from my opinion (THE MOST)

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by nightwing70

Oh SDFU STOP BSING

lmao, down from 1m to 8.5m..

?

Originally posted by mike470

1.3 million?  Link please.

I tried to find it again.

I think they removed "1.3 Mil members" when they updated the "why should i play" thing on their homepage to include new HD graphics images instead of the old chopy ones.

Now all they say is  "over 130 Mil accts created", and on the jagex website it says "over 1 million members".

Maybe the old number included current funorb members, or all RS memberships ever started?

Anyway, they havent "lost the majority of their members" as a lot of POES claim. Their membership is up from when they hit the big 1 Mil in the past..

Dont get me wrong, im also a POE.

I just dont like it when ppl throw out assumptions for the sake of making a point.

Im not trying to get in on this whole 'hate vs devil' war, its just that a devil supporter was wrong.

Look at my avi. Im a maxed 1 def pure (aka i liked PKing alot), and i hate the updates. I rarely login, and cancelled all but 1 of my subscriptions.

My neice even told me to cancell her sub, and she wasnt even a PKer.

Heres the link to the "over 1mil" thing (its about 1/2 way down the page)

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Press/releaseRuneScapeHD.ws

mike470:

pictures really dont do the new graphics justice. you need to actually play them.

you need to try fullscreen HD with all options 'on', and resolution set to the max [1280x1024]

You can see faces depending on how close they are to ur screen, and the character outlines are really smooth.

metal looks like metal, cloth looks like cloth.

the shading & lighting effects are great.

colors of ur skin/clothing change according to what color light is reflecting off them.

it really looks like a completely different modern cd rom game.

and it dosent even require a download, just a good cpu & the internet.

all i know is that its stunning, and its so laggy that my cpu crashes frequently.

as impressive as it is, its no replacement for PKing & free trade.

I still do not recommend that anyone play rs.

I  dont wanna dis on a great update just because most other updates were bad.

And as ive already said, Low-D mode got worse in the process of making the great looking HD mode.

Originally posted by nightwing70

Oh SDFU STOP BSING

I know 8.5mil was just a typo. But if u think theres less members now...

Heres up-to-date info straight from Jagex's corporate site:

www.jagex.com/corporate/Press/releaseRuneScapeHD.ws

"RuneScape remains the 2nd largest free-to-play and subscription-based MMO in the western world, with more than 6 million active players, including over 1 million subscribers."

Also, there are still lots of bots. They just arent obvious bald lvl 3s anymore. They are low-high lvl accts "farming" wealth 24/7 for the true owner's of those accts.

Merchanting is alive & well. The grand exchange makes it possible to earn millions a day with very little effort provided that u have a decent cash pile to get you started. You just have to follow price trends & know when to buy low / sell high.

I know 8.5mil was just a typo. But if u think theres less members now...
    Heres up-to-date info straight from Jagex's corporate site:
    www.jagex.com/corporate/Press/releaseRuneScapeHD.ws
    I would like to actually see the numbers not just blanket comments from them :P Of course they will try and make it appear as they are doing well, they would be crazy not to. All companys promise a positive outlook  otherwise they are doomed to failure. that is just common sense. It would be nice to see profit comparisons from 2006-2008 for them.
    "RuneScape remains the 2nd largest free-to-play and subscription-based MMO in the western world, with more than 6 million active players, including over 1 million subscribers."
    Also, there are still lots of bots. They just arent obvious bald lvl 3s anymore. They are low-high lvl accts "farming" wealth 24/7 for the true owner's of those accts.
    Merchanting is alive & well. The grand exchange makes it possible to earn millions a day with very little effort provided that u have a decent cash pile to get you started. You just have to follow price trends & know when to buy low / sell high.
    Merchanting will never be what it used to be, making millions per hour instead of millions per day.  The prices have all dropped considerably, and until they fix the actual supply and demand of the game the economy will remain broken.  The game simply does not have enough demand for the number of items being produced. The skills make no sense to train simply because there is no reward for your efforts, it is more profitable not to train the majority of the skills in the game instead of training them. With supplies being worth more than the end products you lose $ on making the items in the first place. Of course items will not drop lower than the high alch value, but on the market they should be worth much more.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

According to this the daily reach has stayed about the same so the amount of players has stayed the same. From http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/runescape.com

?