Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron 2002-2003 A Cheat fest.

oestreichoestreich Member Posts: 16

This Game is Plagued with CHEATS.

Shall I mention "*******". a Player DEV, BANNED for CHEATING.

****************I decided to edit this statement above on 07/21/04. This is not an attack on any one player. And this happened a long time ago. I heard through a friend that he got his Pee-Pee slapped Big Time. The person who told me was a reliable source in my opinion. Wheather or not his account is currently active or not I do not care. Nor does it matter other than when I was playing there was a lot of problems with Players breaking the rules. In the end, It is what caused a mass exodus of subscribing members.**************

I quit this game due to special intrests after KK would not deal with the OBVIOUS exploits in the game.

They denied that their game was full of holes and open for massive exploits and cheats.

They also denied that there was special intrest players that were exploiting their game.

That said.

It is still one of the best game I have ever played. Yes, I miss it.

It was a game that stood the test of everything that MMORPG's stood for.

I may never subscribe again, but I will never deny that this is one of the best MMORPG's to ever be offered in the current history.

It is a sad day that such a masterpiece be denied by common human error.

Currently I know 20 people (forum based) that have quit KK and "Neocrap"(euphonism) because of these indiscretions.

But then again, if you do not listen to your player base you are Doomed.

selah.

Comments

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

Originally posted by oestreich

Shall I mention "IXHOLLA". a Player DEV, BANNED for CHEATING.

I wouldn't add DEV to that at first i thought you were meaning he was in some way associated with kk when he wasn't. Also you sure you never mixed him up with someone else? Can't remember any accusations about him, also if he was banned I don't think it was permanent as his forum account is currently still active ::::39::

Thankfully KK has done something about exploiting/exploiters while i can't guarantee it doesn't still go on, the exploits around today have little consequence compared the old ones. Also if you have a look at the amount of players kk have banned for exploiting they have definitely been clamping down on it ::::19::

But then again, if you do not listen to your player base you are Doomed.

I agree almost 100% with this, not 100% as many players who have classes that become overpowered go up in arms over balancing them as they like their chars overpowered, in all fairness though balance issues must always be dealt.

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

i dont recall any devs ever being accused of cheating.

now if you said guys like theowner, or Fred1(cant remember either of there GM accounts) then id say ya they were cheating, but they were also banned.

a lot of cheaters have been banned.

yet you want to bring this up from 2002-2003 image its 2004 now, and things have moved on a bit

• oestreichoestreich Member Posts: 16

Yes it was 2002-2003. good to hear things have changed.

I heard through a friend that he got his Pee-Pee slapped Big Time. The person who told me was a reliable source in my opinion. Wheather or not his account is currently active or not I do not care. Nor does it matter other than when I was playing there was a lot of problems with Players breaking the rules. In the end, It is what caused a mass exodus of subscribing members.

If its changed so much I may subscribe againimage

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    I would read other threads on this board first.

• ServeXServeX Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by ezza

i dont recall any devs ever being accused of cheating.
    now if you said guys like theowner, or Fred1(cant remember either of there GM accounts) then id say ya they were cheating, but they were also banned.
    a lot of cheaters have been banned.

yet you want to bring this up from 2002-2003 image its 2004 now, and things have moved on a bit

Fred1  - NoGravity, I don't know a lot about him, I've just heard his name from the world famous, mayhem mike.

and TheOwner was Armitage, and he griefed people like a mother f..k too. He gave me a warning on his GM account for hunting in chaos caves, not off of walls or anything, just for hunting there with an AoE weapon. Tell me that's not messed up. Not to mention he spawned money and sold it on ebay for profit.

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131

Yeah that was crappy, but they were gms not devs. Also they got delt with and rules were changed, eg cant spawn anything anymore. If you were warned for using aew i'd just have sent a complaint to kk with the chatlog or a screenie.

• Kriminal99Kriminal99 Member Posts: 377

They denied that their game was full of holes and open for massive exploits and cheats.
    They also denied that there was special intrest players that were exploiting their game.

Just out of curiousity what were the exploits you are talking about?  Are we talking like duping items by logging out at just the right moment or selling items for profit?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PROBABILITY(YOUR STATEMENTS BEING MOTIVATED BY FEAR(I>U)) > .5

• SeamusSeamus Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Kriminal99

Just out of curiousity what were the exploits you are talking about?  Are we talking like duping items by logging out at just the right moment or selling items for profit?

that duping exploit was fixed along time ago, the last banning was due to a file being hacked in the client software but I'm not sure on what it did it seems that if thats tried again it will be like having a million candle power lamp over your head signaling "I'm exploiting"

• TheMorph2000TheMorph2000 Member Posts: 6

... incredible how many ppl get stuck to this -image- as if it weren't a game,
    but much more a life mission.

most ppl would cut off your balls -image- for a mc5 or what ever ...

it is unbelivable how ppl are shitting -image- on eachother in this game ...

so i say: love it, or leave it

me defenetely love it: image

HVY-Tank: 64 (Cap)
    CST-Spy: 66 (Cap)
    Rifle-Spy: 65 (Cap)
    APU: 65 (Cap)

• SeamusSeamus Member Posts: 17

Ok, here's my take on the subject. Don't pay any mind to the posts here, here's what you do get the 10 day trial for the game and then only then you decide what you think of Neocron.imageimage

Rifle spy capped

H-C Tank capped

Droner spy near capped

PPU near capped

Pistol spy in the works

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264
    Last time i played this game was in beta.. that was a great time for me... i was a "Agent" and a "Psychic" and also a... dunno.. someone that is good with melee weapons...

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)