Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most overplayed class across all the campaigns?

dreamcaster0dreamcaster0 Member Posts: 14

What class is most common in PvE over all the expansions. I'd say either Warrior or Necromancer.

Comments

• BattleFelonBattleFelon Member UncommonPosts: 483

Well depends what you mean by overplayed. Yes there are a buttload of warriors, but a team can conceivably have 3-4 warriors with no problem. Warriors hit almost as hard as DPS classes and are far less fragile than other frontline fighters like the Dervish and assassin. Now, I realize with the right skills that dervs and sins can be ungodly, but inviting a warrior is almost always a solid choice.

Now, if you're asking because you don't want to play a class that just doesn't get that many invites, you would be correct in saying that necros are overplayed. Each group needs 1, maybe 2 necros. And there's far too much of a market glut in many mission zones. Rangers are another "overplayed" class in that there's more supply than demand. In  random PVP, assassins seem to be a dime a dozen. Not so sure about PVE as I don't see that many in the Eye of the North area.

I'd say in my experience, monks, mesmers, and ritualists are the most underplayed.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Monks Underplayed???

haven't you heard of a 55 monk?

imageimage

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'd say they're all pretty even actually. If I had to choose though...Warriors and Elementalists probably outweigh the other by a small margin.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Warriors and Elementalists are fairly common, Dervishes - however - are everywhere. Most overplayed class would probably, at least from my experience, go to the Dervish which now can be found everywhere in PvE as the exceptional runner and damage dealing class.

• iainiiaini Member Posts: 52

Dervish are pretty common from what I've seen, as are Warriors, Elementalists & Rangers.. I see a LOT of monks too. Sin's seem to be everywhere to me.

classes I don't see in large amounts though: Mesmers & Ritualists.

>_> <_< ^_^

Remember that Prophecies professions are most likely the most played due to them being available far longer than the other 4, but also making an appearance in all the campaigns. Nightfall professions (not so much the Paragon as much as the Dervish) are, however, probably the most active due to Nightfall being the newest of the campaigns.

• kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 112

yeay i'm a mesmer i'm rare, go me.

i notice a lot of warriors. monk is a pretty common secondary class, nobody wants to die.

Originally posted by Lydon
    Remember that Prophecies professions are most likely the most played due to them being available far longer than the other 4, but also making an appearance in all the campaigns. Nightfall professions (not so much the Paragon as much as the Dervish) are, however, probably the most active due to Nightfall being the newest of the campaigns.

Strange that there aren't more Paragons; I myself run one as my main and with the Imbagon setup I can do pretty much every mission flawlessly.

I guess the Paragon appears weak to most people in the beginning and as a result don't stick with it until they're able to get a proper build running. Also, I've seen some very bad Paragons in my life, which can't be helping their reputation lol.

Originally posted by Lydon
    I guess the Paragon appears weak to most people in the beginning and as a result don't stick with it until they're able to get a proper build running. Also, I've seen some very bad Paragons in my life, which can't be helping their reputation lol.

There will always be bad builds being ran by every profession. I for one ran a tanking warrior with frenzy... Not everyone understands what is good and what is bad, and so it will always be, that problem is not reserved to Paragons alone.

Yes of course. Paragon just requires more skill to play imho, leading to the previously mentioned problems.

• NoHPNoHP Member Posts: 17

OK starting from Prophecie, monks and rangers were overplayed (farming build), Faction - Assassin and Nightfall goes to Dervish.  I have seen variety deoend on what part of the campaign I'm in but I see more Elementalist getting into the play.  Then again that's just my observation.

• sokkyusokkyu Member Posts: 92

I think in pve theirs not so much of a difference except in certain areas where a few proffessions are poor at. But in pvp anytime there is an uber flavour of the month everyone deletes their pvp character and reroll.

Originally posted by sokkyu
    I think in pve theirs not so much of a difference except in certain areas where a few proffessions are poor at. But in pvp anytime there is an uber flavour of the month everyone deletes their pvp character and reroll.

Of course the most overplayed class in PvP depends on what the current meta is; so in HA it's currently Rangers with big fucking scythes. However in GvG many take non-pvp characters. Also the meta changes a lot; depending on the current nerfs and buffs to different skills different characters become more or less frequent. Saying that one class is overplayed is therefore hard as it depends very much on the current meta.

During events their seems to be alot of warriors at least from what I've seen I'm not sure it's because they use their warriors to farm whatever the event stuff is or because people think the warrior dance is pro.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by kingofnothin

i notice a lot of warriors. monk is a pretty common secondary class, nobody wants to die.

Mesmers exist?!

Originally posted by observer

Mesmers exist?!

Only in rumors.

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by observer

Mesmers exist?!

When I first picked up Prophecies, I decided to make my starting character a mesmer - big mistake.  I haven't played one since.

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

In response to the original topic, the most overplayed profession is warrior.  I don't think that is a bad thing, though, since the warrior is a great addition to any team and rarely gets turned away by  groups.  The most underplayed (and underestimated) class is the paragon. 

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

yeah lots of warriors, my toon is a warrior/monk, and hell yeah psaragons are underestimated of all, i dont care to play one myself, but you have a person in group who can play there paragon well and it can be beutiful

playing eq2 and two worlds