Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Opinion

I have a low end computer.  Dell 410 for those who remember this POS.  I am running an Nvidia 6800 GT card in it.  Yes I know it's old.  When you stop laughing read the rest.  I have 2 gig of ram running XP with SP2.

AoC runs great.  I have long load screens which I intend to fix by trying the shader fix I have seen.  Just read it today haven't had a chance to try it.  I know my load screens take a minute or so because machine is slow.

Game is beautiful even on the lowest settings.

Performance is exactly what you expect from a well polished game about to be released.  Combat is spot on the best I've seen in any MMO to date.

Dev's have said that the version all the Open Beta folks are using has bugs that were placed there ON PURPOSE to test certain factors in the game against things they are doing to repair other issues.  If you'd all read the posts you would know this.

I'm not saying this game will appeal to everyone.  I'm saying that I have had a very good time playing on a very old machine.  My machine is pushing 5 years old and runs like a charm.  I have had a minimum of bugs and over the last 2 weeks I have crashed maybe 3 times total.   Each time it was a combination of my machine and the requirements.  Keep in mind I'm running below recommended spec.

I bought pre-order for my wife and myself last night and fully intend on AoC being my home for MMO's for a long time to come.

This is my 2 cents from Closed Beta.  They said we could talk about our experiences up to level 13 so there ya go, there are my performance and spec comments.  Take them as you wish.

For those looking for an opinion from an older computer user it works very well.  All the problems I have seen are from folks trying to push the graphics settings  beyond what their puter can handle and those who are running headlong into memory leak issues etc.  Those should be repaired by launch.

Let the flames begin!