Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

but maybe the OBT will be free for testing or aslo P2P?

jesusxDjesusxD Member Posts: 6

dsdsdsdasdasdasdas

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Look for any F2P game out there, there are dozens of them.

• 1337Mercenar1337Mercenar Member Posts: 84

I don't recall one open beta in the World that costed money to join.   ALL OPEN BETAS ARE FREE T_T

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229

AoC's 'open' beta requires you to pay file planet for  it.  Unfortunately I know because I paid for a month of file planet just to play the beta.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by Xion1985

AoC's 'open' beta requires you to pay file planet for  it.  Unfortunately I know because I paid for a month of file planet just to play the beta.

And do you enjoy it?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

No, you just didn't want to wait for when Fileplanet let everyone, not only subscribers, into the beta. You paid Fileplanet  for the "privilege" of being first. That was your decision, and not a requirement.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by Zorvan

No, you just didn't want to wait for when Fileplanet let everyone, not only subscribers, into the beta. You paid Fileplanet  for the "privilege" of being first. That was your decision, and not a requirement.

Well , I believe FilePlanet was wrong when they first released their keys for paid subs only then after like 3 days they opened it for everyone. Well now in this case , if they will plan to release keys for other MMo's in the same way , there are planty that will not purchase a monthly fee on FP. They lost some customers here.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

I'm skipping AOC mainly for this resson and I also remember what they did with shadowlands when they brought it out like 6 months early.

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by IceAge

Well , I believe FilePlanet was wrong when they first released their keys for paid subs only then after like 3 days they opened it for everyone. Well now in this case , if they will plan to release keys for other MMo's in the same way , there are planty that will not purchase a monthly fee on FP. They lost some customers here.

You can't blame FilePlanet for trying to make a few bucks off a AoC beta. After all, FilePlanet is a 3rd party sponsor and it's not everyday they have 50,000 rabid AoC fans trying to download a 13 gig client. I'm sure they don't want their servers overloading and have the rest of their paying customers complain about server lag(which happened when they made that client free) placing a price tag on this would help minimize this. If anything, this is Funcom's fault for being stingy and irresponsible.

It's possible Aion's OB might end up the same way since their client is just as big. It all depends on circumstances.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I take it you've never gotten a beta from Filplanet before. They do all of their stuff like that, first subscribers get access, then a few days or a week later non-subs get in. This isn't a first.

• 1337Mercenar1337Mercenar Member Posts: 84

Maybe you should write to file planet instead of talking about it on a forum that has nothing to do with file planet.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

You do realize that this is exactly how Fileplanet has pretty much always worked..

That the only reason to pay for it.. is that you get these offers in Advance... and that they always give them out to others after...  Oh and the fact you don't have to wait in line to download.

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229

And do you enjoy it?

I didn't enjoy it in the slightest.  However it is beta maybe it'll get better.  For the I had a choice thing, yes I did, however I did not know they were going to let everyone in even those who didnt pay for their file planet accounts my colleague at work told me otherwise and I took him for his word.   I guess my only other reply would be that I hardly ever use file planet and getting the client for AoC was in fact the only reason I paid them.  It was only like 8 bucks or something for a month so it wasnt a big deal and I wasnt trying to make it into one.  I was just merely saying that in some cases they do charge you to play in open beta's.  Apparently I was wrong becuase they let everyone else in later.