Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love this game!

icedutahicedutah Member UncommonPosts: 67

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

The combat is crap.  Wait until all the players all just use the G15 keyboard and macro all the combo's. 

It was a nice try to try and revolutionize the combat but it's just not very fun.  Also, weren't they going with a more FPS style twitch based combat system with aiming????

If you want that then check out TCOS.  They have dialed that style of combat in pretty nicely.

If you want the best pvp in an MMO then wait for Warhammer later this year.  Realm vs. Realm will rule!

Comments

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

Originally posted by icedutah
    NOT!!!!!!!!!!
    The combat is crap. Wait until all the players all just use the G15 keyboard and macro all the combo's.
    It was a nice try to try and revolutionize the combat but it's just not very fun. Also, weren't they going with a more FPS style twitch based combat system with aiming????
    If you want that then check out TCOS. They have dialed that style of combat in pretty nicely.
    If you want the best pvp in an MMO then wait for Warhammer later this year. Realm vs. Realm will rule!

hahahahhaha how original

NOT

• tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Yeah, Warhammer will be awesome. We haven't seen click and autoattack combat before.  It'll take some massive skill in Wowhammer to click the guy and then stay within range to have the character attack for you.  What revolutionary combat....  Anything faction based is retarded.. I'm playing AoC for open PvP. I don't care if anyone else or even I find a way to do combos easier.

• baso80baso80 Member Posts: 95

LOL, open PvP?

This game is too instanced... If you mean open as in FFA, then yeah.. run around gank everyone you see in between the lag.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by baso80

LOL, open PvP?
    This game is too instanced... If you mean open as in FFA, then yeah.. run around gank everyone you see in between the lag.

It's only instanced through Tortuga or however its spelled, the newbie island. After that the game opens up kind of like EQ or WoW with zones, don't reply without knowing the facts.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

This is almost the exact thing I was typing about earlier on another thread here...

people who have never been on this side of the forum before are taking the oppurtunity to come over here and try to spam how much they dislike the game in hopes that it will, in turn, make the games they're expecting to do any better. I really doubt the OP has even played the OB, and is just taking in gossip that has already been spread here and doing of a job spreading it around.

First of all, if you want to talk about WAR or TCoS, do it on those specific forums. That is why the forums are separate from eachother. Secondly, you are comparing those two to be any better than what AoC is, at least attempting, to do...

the TCoS combat system is different in design but flawed in how it functions at the same time. In reality it is no different other than the fact that it lacks an auto-attack and that your characters do not stand in place. I can just see it now... bunny-hop, bunny-hop, bunny-hop. Melee classes have little to no chance unless they give a debuff for casters when jumping in combat... which in itself will even cause more problems. In other words, what I'm saying is that it is exploitable. Then again, I'm hearing this game is PvE only anyways so that shouldn't really matter I guess.

WAR is doing the smart thing, whereas not really changing anything other than how it looks and how it functions, but with this it lacks anything new or amazing to the genre. We already know this game will not last for six months when the next big thing is released that can actually offer something different, if you want to assume AoC fails, which I'm sure you do. It will last though because it will go the WoW way; strive off of it's huge fanbase, slowly but surely improving everything ever so slightly, but still, never really add anything "new" to the genre. That is why everyone is simply sick of WoW, and because of this, something like WoW's population won't exist again in an MMORPG for a long time.

I do not mind people who are unbiased; people who give their honest responses of the games that they play. I dislike people who obviously lack any sort of first-hand knowledge of a game and then try to bash it. You obviously show little coherence of anything that is going on, other than that your fellow WAR and TCoS fans are bashing this game because they can, so you join in. In the end it proves pointless... this is a small internet forum. AoC, WAR, and TCoS won't become any more or any less popular from any of the statements made here. The only reason they are here is for people to give some actual knowledge, reviews, opinions, and feeback of the game. Please, like I've already stated, stick to the WAR and TCoS forums if you want to praise them, that is what they are there for.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Originally posted by MaGicBush

Originally posted by baso80

LOL, open PvP?

It's only instanced through Tortuga or however its spelled, the newbie island. After that the game opens up kind of like EQ or WoW with zones, don't reply without knowing the facts.

It's Tortage!

You would think people would know the minimum of info at least before trying to sound smart ... then again trolls never post something meaningful.

To the OP, this is ur opinion on the game, so how about saying "I didnt find the combat fun" instead of "Combat is crap" and "Combat isn't fun", cause a whole lot of people loved the combat.

Thank you.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I don't doubt WAR will rock.  But AoC has some pretty cool stuff that is not offered by other MMOs currently.  I agree that the combat may cause some issues with macroed combos and such, but nontheless it is different from your run up and let the toon do all the work MMO.

It'll be interesting to see how combat in AoC plays with everyone logged on and trying to decapitate eachother.

• kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Member Posts: 525

Im siding with Douhk. People on this site seem to attack new games at will, even if they like it. I guess its like bashing the US president... you do it, and youre instantly cool (not). Or whatever. They did it with Pirates of the Burning Sea, going so far as to abuse the open forums on the game's site and trashing it - even though they probly never played it.

AoC isnt going to be wow2, wowhammer2, or tcos... and Im beta'ing tcos. I like that game, but not really as much as I had thought I would before I got a chance to play it. And while I might not buy it, Im still honouring the NDA and not saying why Im not liking it exactly. >.>